1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Frank sacked...

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Naas Blue, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Gutted....but not that surprised !

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Good, hopefully that'll put an end to the 'Rice is going to Chelsea' stories.

3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

It’s a real shame. He wasn’t given nearly enough time despite the fact a whole system seems to have been built around him.
    If you’re going to hire an untested manager then you need to give them an abundance of time.

4. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

John Terry is treading the right road by starting at Championship Villa and now he’s part of the managerial staff there now they’re a Premiership side. It was far too big a jump for Frank from managing Derby to being put in the cauldron that is being manager at Chelsea. This club has hired and sacked some of the best club managers in the world so Frank should not take it personally.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Yeah This. Terry learning his skills from an experienced manager probably how Frank should have learnt instead of jumping in at the deep end. Only time will tell if it was the right decision and we will see if Tuchel who is being touted as Franks successor fairs any better with this group of players.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<rose>

Thoughts and prayers

7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Tuchel got PSG to the European Cup final and that sounds promising for us and our group of players. Back to back French league titles as well and he’s German and we’ve got 3 German internationals. Seems like a good fit to me, we’ll soon see how long he lasts here. To be honest, I was more shocked when Antonio Conte and his team left as I reckon he could have brought the European Cup back here given the £200 million that Frank was given for players.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Maybe the right decision but definately the wrong time. We have 3 very winnable games coming up in the PL and that could have made all kinds of differences to our position and form.
    Abramovich ,as always, along with his questionable football -savvy Board, has acted at the wrong time and for the wrong reasons.
    He keeps doing the same thing, and expecting the outcome to be different. But things have changed since his arrival, and money alone, even his, no longer brings instant success.
    I feel sorry for our youngsters, who will probably slide away one by one as we revert to 'buying" as a way forward.
    Gilmour, Mount, Anjorin, CHO, Connor Gallagher and others, I suspect will be all gone in the near future.
    That's the damage RA does to his and our Club over and over again.And he never learns anything.
    Next, Thomas Tuchel apparently, who achieved modest success with PSG apart from regularly winning a very winnable French League, spending bags of money, and mishandling Neymar and Mbappe.He left with a reputation as a stubborn, difficult to live with manager. Sound just right for us ??
    Anyway, it is done now so on we go.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  9. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I'm nearing the point where i wish RA would **** off and take his money with him.
    Never thought i'd say that but its how i feel right now.

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Only 'nearing' though ;)

armchairblue likes this.

11. armchairblue

Why bring in a club legend and fans fav if you're not going to back him,support him and give him time?
    Knowing how inexperienced he was makes my question more relevant....
    Unless he enjoys pissing the supporters off..

12. Chelsea Pensioner

A large part of the problem is surely the sycophantic yes men he surrounds the Club with. There is a real lack of knowledge, especially regarding football culture and loyalty. Despite all the good and, less than good Managers we've sacked, have you ever heard a word of disagreement from any member of the Board about the decision?
    It's all about ego and association with "winners". Plus thinking that more money alone will still bring that success.
    It is what it is unfortunately. Quite a contrast to United who are on the up despite some shocking bad runs and results. Somehow, despite their awful owners, United have largely maintained their "all in this together" attitude, where we put the broom through too many good people and reach for the chequebook.

13. armchairblue

Totally agree....Only with Frank i thought maybe things were going to change.

I'm sick of it as you may have guessed<laugh>.....Having a manager that genuinely loved the club was a massive plus
    for me.

14. Bullet tooth Tony

Do you really think Mr Lampard bought those players, the under performing ones that cost him his job. No way Pedro. A certain Granaiskaia dude that seems to have an influence on how good a player looks rather than how he plays and how marketable they are. We will have the best TV personalities in the future but for now we will be the Love Island of clubs while that woman has any sway.

15. Bullet tooth Tony

To emphasise my point Vardy is ugly, but a fantastic footballer.

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

totally true

Pulisic was bought to crack Us market

very good (if injury) prone player

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

tbf last season you were moaning the youngsters hadn’t stepped up and we needed to buy

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  18. Chelsea Pensioner

SOME youngsters hadn't stepped up, I believe. Mainly Abraham, Christensen, CHO (who was awful then ). Still think Abraham and Christensen are far from what they need to be. However I am happy to concede that both are looking better now, and CHO is in far better form than Pulisic and Ziyech. My main grumple is that Ethan Ampadu seems to be forgotten and I think he might turn out the best of them all.That's without mentioning Mark Ghueri. All this talent, gaining experience is just waiting to be integrated into our squad.
    Now ,we will probably see none of them. "Audi "would be a fool to follow Franks development of youth because he's been hired due to Frank taking "too long " to become a winner !!
    Tuchel will have no choice but to buy and buy plenty to give RA the instant upgrade he craves.
    What a pitiful, weak man RA is. Despite all he has, he personally needs to be always in or around the "winners" circle.
    Hope he goes as far away as possible and as soon as possible. He's toxic to CFC.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  19. The Ginger Marks

Same, he knew the score from the onset but in my book he’ll go down as the only manager of ours that blooded so many talented lads.