1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Ipswich

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

So after the seasonal Dire by H loss..... we move onto the Cottage for an away tie at improving Fulham. Fulham earlier in the season pulled our pants down at Portman Road. So what can we expect from Fulham A?

Potentially two new players in the 18 for starters. Moore has played the last of his games at Rotherham (who have placed a bid) and their gafa seems to think he may well feature ( you'd imagine as Garner will start ) + the Irish lad..... both COULD be helpful.

On the negative, Webster looks set to be on the scrapheap for a while ( Caulker anyone? ) that ' defence ' may be about to become more wobbly.

We were helped by our play off ' rivals ' losing ( Sheff Utd in particular at H to Bolton ) however barring a Derby Away win to PERHAPS make us believe............. this second half of the season doesn't feel me with much joy.

Going to continue my negative predictions of late - sorry all, I just don't feel at all hopeful for this and the bookies sadly appear to think the same.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/fulham-v-ipswich/winner

3-1 Fulham, with TWTD becoming a toxic place to log on and more out in force.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about twtd mate, can understand all the toxicity on there tho, especially when the likes of Currie10 spouts his **** on there<laugh>
    Cant see anything other than a heavy defeat i am afraid. I will then be ranting on here and twtd!
    Happy New Year guys!<bubbly>

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Another 2-1 loss on the cards.
    I know we have a lot of injured midfielders but I don't want us to go wasting what little cash we have by bringing in more. We can't afford to have that many on the books and not playing once everyone is fit

4. Westlake33

Haha ;) same to you mate hope you have a good one.

What username are you on twtd Spanish?

I'd be amazed if we don't lose at Fulham. Not even bothered to check the other fixtures for once.

Difficult one isn't it San Diego - though I was reading somewhere about clubs having insurance for injuries so I wonder quite how that works out? That's an area I'm really clueless in.

That being said - either way - we're utterly depleted at CM and should a couple become available in Jan on loan that are better than what we have ( not hard ) then we need to grab them. With the current side, we're going to finish 13 - 18 I'd say given the state of injuries.

5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Agreed with the need to bring in some central midfielders on loan, we clearly need reinforcements there but as San Diego states, we don't need permanent additions as we have enough there on the books. Regarding the spate of injuries, I'm guessing they're partly due to a poor physio team and the fact we are a very pressing side without the ball. That's bound to affect the fitness of players.

I've seen the last two times we've played Fulham at Portman Road and we were comprehensively outplayed and beaten on both occasions. Can't see a change here either. 3-1 defeat.

Has anyone heard anything more about the Bart to Palace rumours? Apparently they've lodged a £5m bid, but not sure how accurate that is. Can see us plummet down the table without him and with Gerken in goal. Especially if the Bart money doesn't get reinvested in the defence.

And of course happy new year to everyone here. May 2018 bring more joy than what we've seen at Portman Road in 2017!

6. Westlake33

I think -
    * IF Bart goes
    * IF injured players don't come back ASAP
    * IF we don't strengthen some key areas

Then I don't see how on earth we're going to fly down the table sadly ?!?!?

Incredibly fed up right now as I believe we've done very well all things considering the first 50%.

However, Mick or no Mick.......... it wouldn't matter if we had Alex Ferguson here right now at present due to the injury pile and what's likely to come in to help us compete in Jan vs what other sides around us are likely to do!

Just LOVE us to win a fixture like this, given our predicament then I may be able to be somewhat more hopeful it just appears unlikely?!

7. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Insert the simple word Not there Westy!

I agree with everything said, but its a funny old league this and Anything goes...great jazz number of the 1920's!!

All depressing, but nonetheless I do wish you all best mates a very happy, healthy and exciting New Year...if not on the pitch at PR, then bleedin well off it in all other walks of your lives! Confession: ITFC now sliding down and almost off my radar...but not quite yet.

Cheers! :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer: 3 pints Adnams at least now Warky!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  8. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Great Post Gaffer <applause>

I wish you and yours a very happy and healthy New Year. <ok>

9. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

That brought a smile to my face Spanish <ok> which is more than following Town has of late, and especially visiting the TWTD forum of cliques and endless snipes.. Makes you appreciate a more healthy debate on here at times.

I'm going for a bold 2-1 win to the Town tonight.. Mick has a habit of pulling something out of nowhere when we all think we're out for the count.. Smith and Waghorn with the goals..

10. Fat Boy Slim

Fat Boy Slim Member

Three nil Fulham

11. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I see Hyam has made the bench (on crutches lol). Wouldn't it be great if we can be in a position to bring him on for ten mins or so (unlikely as i think we'll lose 3-1)

12. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Positive starting 11, pleased to see Skuse back for this one with Fulham being strong in midfield.

Can’t see getting much from this, a point would be decent.

13. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Do we not have any youth players that could make the bench in place of a clearly unfit player? I guess this is another passive aggressive McCarthy gesture to the board!

No real complaints about the starting eleven. Maybe we'll keep a clean sheet as Bart will be saving everything in front of the Palace scouts. Glad to see Skuse back in the team. I've been a vocal critic of him (particularly during the past two seasons), but he's been a very consistent performer this season and his defensive abilities were sorely missed in recent games.

I hope Grant Ward puts in a good performance as he's playing in his favoured position out wide. Definitely need a threat out wide particularly as we don't have a lot of options there.

14. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I'm watching the game and its already clear how Fulham are trained. No player is allowed more than two touches of the ball unless they're in trouble or dribbling on attack. It's so clear to see. They move the ball constantly and quickly.
    Garner is already falling over and you can hear the crowd telling him to get up

15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Happy New Year everyone. Hope everyone has a good year. I've just moved into a new house so it's already looking good for me. <cheers>

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Ward is gash, say it every week. Can't beat a man, can't play tap and run for himself because he kicks it too hard.
    Waghorn is our best midfielder :emoticon-0136-giggl

17. Southcoastoldgaffer

Congrats SD, how exciting! Astonished that it's still 0-0 tbh, just logged on. Hold it to zero til half time, then who knows?!

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Amazing!! 1-0 up!!

19. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Goal!
    Finally a nice ball from our #9

20. Southcoastoldgaffer

Well, wadda you know...this will lift them! Would like McG on after, and really go at them 2nd half. Love or hate him, Garner does bang them in! In his few mments standing up! hah ha!