1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Further New Investment

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Swansea City is delighted to announce that Nigel Morris has joined the board of directors and made an investment in the football club.

Morris, a British businessman with Welsh heritage, co-founded Capital One Financial Services and, under his leadership as President and Chief Operating Officer, they pioneered an information-based strategy that transformed the consumer lending industry in the USA, UK and around the world.

Currently, he is the Managing Partner of QED Investors, a leading global fintech venture capital platform that he co-founded.

Morris brings a wealth of strategic and operational experience to the football club and joins fellow board members in being fully aligned with Swansea City’s goals of a sound, durable commercial model and achieving success on the pitch.

The investment by Morris and his board appointment have been approved by the EFL and all regulatory checks completed.

Swansea City chairman Andy Coleman said:“I’m really pleased that Nigel is now on board and everyone is excited about the future for a club that has so much potential.

“Nigel has great credentials and a wealth of business acumen that will be invaluable to the club going forward as we work together to achieve success both on and off the pitch.

“We will continue to ensure that the club remains financially stable and positioned for long-term success and this investment helps improve the club’s financial position.

“I’ve spoken with Nigel on many occasions and we are fully aligned in our vision of a shared commitment of helping to deliver success for the football club.”

Nigel Morris added: “I’m delighted to have invested in Swansea City.The club has superb facilities and is front and centre of the community. The supporters are the most important part of any club, and I have been taken aback by the passion and integrity shown by the many people I have already met on a number of recent visits to matches.

“I hope I can play a part in Swansea City’s future success and I am very much looking forward to working closely with Andy and club executives to embrace short and long-term objectives.

“I’d also like to take this opportunity thank both Jason and Steve for their support in this process.”

Everyone at Swansea City welcomes Nigel to the football club and is looking forward to working in partnership to drive the club forward.

2. Taffvalerowdy

3. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

So £10 million?

4. Taffvalerowdy

daimungeezer likes this.
  5. daimungeezer

The term "venture capitalist" does nothing to soothe my worried brow.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Venture capitalists are not known for being charitable and making sentimental investment decisions …

7. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I think, considering my experience, that's an understatement :emoticon-0100-smile

8. Taffvalerowdy

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Swansea City is delighted to announce the appointment of Brett Cravatt to the club’s board of directors.

This move follows a previous investment Cravatt had made into the club.

Cravatt is a seasoned entrepreneur and executive in the digital marketing sector, and he brings a vast range of strategic and analytical business acumen to the club, with a proven track record of driving revenue streams via data driven solutions.

Cravatt co-founded Centerfield, a data driven marketing company based in Los Angeles, with Jason Cohen in 2011.

Together they grew the company from just two employees to over 2,000 in a successful 12-year period, a time span which saw Centerfield go from a start up to the preeminent leader in the customer acquisition space of digital marketing, serving Fortune 100 brands such as AT&T, T-Mobile, All State and State Farm.

He is currently an advisor to Centerfield, focusing on their overall strategy, as well as media and operations.

Prior to Centerfield, Cravatt founded and led several companies and has served on numerous boards of directors.

Swansea City chairman Andy Coleman said: “I’m absolutely delighted Brett is now on board as a director. Brett is a highly-respected businessman and entrepreneur, and his knowledge and expertise will be a huge asset to this club.

“Brett's involvement further strengthens Swansea City, will help us on numerous fronts, and I’m really excited about what lies ahead.”

Brett Cravatt said: “I am honoured to join the board as a director of Swansea City. I am eager to help the club succeed and to reach our highest possible potential.

“My wife and our four children attended the match at Cardiff and the match at home against Coventry City in the spring. We were thrilled to be in attendance and be welcomed by so many supporters in Swansea. It was an amazing experience, and we look forward to many more in the future.

“I am fully committed to using my knowledge to improve the club in multiple capacities with an emphasis, given my background, on data science and analytics, as well as marketing and sponsorships.

"Thank you to all of the supporters and the people at the club for providing me with this incredible opportunity. I would also like to thank Andy Coleman, Jason Levien, Jake Silverstein and Steve Kaplan for working with me through this process."

daimungeezer and aswan_dam like this.
  10. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Ok
    Welcome
    YJB

11. glamexile

How many do we have now!

12. Taffvalerowdy

Too many? <whistle> <laugh>

13. daimungeezer

It does sound like they're gearing up to have a proper crack at it though. Could be wishful thinking on my part but I do get the impression there's enthusiasm there to take the club forward.

14. glamexile

Any idea what was the previous investment?

"This move follows a previous investment Cravatt had made into the club."

15. Taffvalerowdy

The rumour was the same amount as Nigel Morris - but I can see no more than £10m in total

Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
  16. glamexile

Swansea City can confirm new shares have been issued following investment from the club’s majority ownership, which includes chairman Andy Coleman.

While this move results in other shareholders becoming diluted, including the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust, it will not affect the Trust’s fully protected and non-dilutable five per cent shareholding in the club, nor their right to a place on the club’s board of directors.

The club can also confirm that Huw Jenkins is no longer on the board of directors.

Swansea City would like to thank Huw for his service and wish him well in his future endeavours.

17. Taffvalerowdy

Nothing at Companies House yet:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00123414/filing-history

18. Taffvalerowdy

19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Huw Jenkins no longer a director, but has he really gone?........<laugh>

20. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Seems the supporters trust has been diminished substantially?