1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Future Liverpool?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, May 12, 2024.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

After we all get emotional and all that stuff.and then the management all **** off we will be left with a set of players and someone else will be setting them up totally differently.

So where we will be heading to with this squad?

Well the first assumption is Arne slot will be the coach and he will have a heap of Dutch coaches with him

The second assumption is we will play with a back 4 as a result of this.

After that will we be this 4231 formation making use of width?

Maybe so.

Looking at the players:

Keepers: alisson will be there. Kelleher amd Adrian won't imo. Pitaluga and Davies will be there.

Right full.
    We get to the first imponderable, Trent. Are we going to make him play full back properly or move him. It's impossible to tell.
    Bradley is nove but young and needs development physically.

Left full. Imo changed are needed here. Tsimikas must go. Robertson needs to get fit so I don't know. We could buy here.

Right cb. I think konate will be off. Quansah will have this spot. Gomez might be off.

Left cb. Vvd and no cover? We will see.

We need 2 6s then. Macca and a new 6? Or trent? Or what about gravenberch? Could our friend slot use this Dutch boy as one of those players?

Then we have szoboszlai. What will we do with this boy? He is used in various ways by former clubs and hungary. I do feel this will been a crucial one to get right. Lw is an option here or rw

Then there's salah. Would he be happy being a rw staying wide to create? Will be be 10?

Where will gakpo play? 10? Or Elliott?

There really does seem to be some scope for change and rebalanced of the squad to suit this "new style"

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

GK. Alison, Kelleher youth as 3rd but most likely replace Adrian.

RB. TAA Bradley
    CB. VVD, Quansah, Konate, Gomez
    LB. Robertson, Tsimikas
    DM. Playing 2. MacAlister,TAA, Bajcetic, Endo
    AM. Elliott, Dom, Gakpo
    LW. Diaz, Gakpo, Nunez
    RW. Buy, Nunez
    CF. Jota, Buy, Nunez

I've no idea where Gravenberch fits in, perhaps Arne will get a tune out of him. Jones as well, doesn't really fit.

Lots off decent youth as back up.

Left to right in seniority for each position.

Buy 2 players and one is huge and he replaces Salah which is where we get the funds for 2 quality forwards.

Last edited: May 12, 2024
  3. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

There is no doubt that the squad needs some additions to compete with City and Arsenal who are ahead of us at the moment. No mention of Jota, probably our best finisher but made of glass unfortunately.
    Some of the positions will resolve themselves by players opting to leave. Macca is not a 6 and that is one position that needs to be nailed. Endo is a squad player. Lots of options

luvgonzo likes this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Oh yeah! ****er is always injured but if fit he's up top.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

If we buy nobody

Alisson
    Trent quansah vvd Robertson
    Bajcetic Macallister
    Salah szoboszlai diaz
    Nunez
    My understanding is slot.plays a Dutch style 433 which is basically a double pivot with a Gerrard type midfielder at 10.

He looks for goals from width so we might actually start using nunez as a box striker and not a counter attack forward

But it's hard to know but I have this list of not very bothered players unless there's something in it for them. konate heads that list. I think klopps dropped him deliberately as he's not arsed.

The issues for me

Gomez reported to want out. Then get him gone imo.

Tsimikas. Half arsed and barely plays. I think he's not up to the prem and is there to just be a cheap reserve.

How many attacking cms for 1 spots. Gakpo would like it. Elliott, Jones, carvalho. I really don't know who slot will favour.

What about the lw slot. Does diaz want to go or is ot bad actor's in the media or Barca etc?

6. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

It’s impossible to second guess everything. What do we know? Matip and a couple of others will be gone Nevis they are out of contract. They’ll need to be replaced. That’s it….i hope we cash in on Salah but have no idea if he’ll play ball.

7. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Nunez or Salah will leave. I was thinking it'd be Salah but I feel its more likely to be Nunez now. Either way I can't see us letting both go.

8. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

One of the reasons our campaign tailed off dramatically towards the end of the season was that the squad players were not good enough. Tsimikas in particular was not up to scratch. The reason City have dominated for the last several years is that they have a better squad than us and everyone else. When they have injuries, the players that come in are able to fit in and continue to dominate other teams. Even if our first eleven could go toe to toe with them, as soon as injuries came in we did not have the quality to maintain our progress in all competitions and we fell away.
    I am looking forward to seeing what comes in this Summer, lots of room for improvement

luvgonzo likes this.
  9. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I'd actually argue the opposite. We played some great football and got some good results with Kelleher and the youngsters in the team. It was some of the senior players that let us down, at both ends, poor defending and inability to convert chances that were harder to miss than put away.

Diaz gets a free pass from me this season because of the toll his family situation took on him. Nunez and Salah were starting to look like they were missing on purpose <laugh> and Jota is getting (self) injured far too often, same with Konaté.

I think the new man comes in and sees what he's got before trying to change things too quickly. I'm guessing he will have less say on transfers than Klopp has and I'd be surprised if Edwards et al haven't already got a few players ready to be approached with serious offers. Matip, Thiago and Adrian will be on their way. It's a shame for all three, the first two being perma-injured and the third a good professional, unfortunate that Kelleher is a far better keeper or he would have got more playing time. All three great to have around the place, by all accounts. We shouldn't underestimate the need for experienced players to be in the mix and there to encourage and inspire the youngsters.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

No doubt the kids did great.

Tsimiaks through cost us the europa by having a stinker.

It's very hard being a journeyman pro who rarely plays and then being pitched into these level of games.

The same was true of gomez last year but given consistent games his levels improved massively.

11. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Harsh to put a 2 legged tie in the middle of some poor team form down to 1 player having a bad game. No one had a good game in that 3-0 first leg.

12. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

While Tsimikas was poor at times, a lot of squad players exceeded expectations imo

I never expected Jones or Gomez to be as important to the team as they were at times during that winter period - I expected us to be out of the title race long before we actually were.

Solid Alboland and johnsonsbaby like this.
  13. johnsonsbaby

You're right on Gomez, he's been on a sliding scale from good to very good. It's also come about from necessity and a bit Milneresque from being played out of position. Is he our new Swiss army knife or does he go back to waiting in the wings for Konaté's next injury?

14. moreinjuredthanowen

I hear he will leave ao very milneresque

15. johnsonsbaby

Milner had given everything he could. We still need Gomez.

organic red likes this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

He may want to go is the issue.

17. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Tricky one for Gomez. Is he happy getting 30 appearances a season 50% starts and 50% subs and those appearances being split across RB LB and CB? Or does he say this is my chance to go somewhere, say clubs just outside top 6/7 like Brighton West Ham even Newcastle and force himself to be first choice in a position and try ensure he doesn’t get to 31/32 and feel he’s wasted his prime years.

Only takes 1 or 2 injuries at lfc and he could get a run of 25/30 games though. Tough choice

look at origi. Brilliant squad player winning things, moves on to make himself first choice has average year and then loaned to forwst and in/out squad.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

Gomez is on about 85k per week and has a contract to 2027.

He has multiple medals won

He is 26 and turns 27 this month (23rd if you want to wish him a happy birthday)

It is a natural time for him to want to have that think.

He is in his prime now, he has his medals won and had a good wage for a good while.

If he wants to play weekly and get back to England duty in a 343 or whatever then he may very well be thinking of a move.

Right now Joe was there with vvd in a great year buy has 2 lads in front of him possibly for his favoured position.

19. Turbia Milk

Turbia Milk Well-Known Member

Earlier in the season Tsimikas was a gem. When he was playing regularly pre-injury he had been fantastic. He was one of our better players in a number of games. Unfair to single him out.

I suspect the new manager will be allowed.a couple of big(ish) signings, nothing extravagent... But I imagine a couple of big players will leave too. We're not going to see a massive club overhaul. Slot is slotting into the existing structure, it's clear FSG wanted a man who would work with the machine they have set up rather than become the Club Czar.

Two or three players coming in (first team at least), max. I suspect FSG are going to expect Slot to make use of the kids.

If anyone is expecting to sign 3 or 4 big names... Prepare to be disappointed. We will probably get one top tier signing of Slot's choice. One undervalued gem that FSG scouts have unearthed... Probably a couple of kids to stock the youth team.

Other than that, I expect more players to go than come. Signing a new manager and a new coach roster is expensive. FSG likes to balance the budget. We won't see a lot of new players.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

Probably.

In the 3nd we spent about double what we normally spend last summer "net" and have to balance this eventually.

It was a bad year last year and thr loss we showed speaks for himself. This year has no cl money so there will be a big gap and add those signings in we should be expecting a huge loss.