1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gamiero Update!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Grem1983, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grem1983

Grem1983 Member

The French press are reporting that Valencia can't match our bid and may have to drop out and PSG arn't going to bid at all!!

2. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

3. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Source???? Great news though if it's true. :)

4. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

Would he really be putting in his all for us though if we are his third choice? Would everyone still want him after that?

5. Grem1983

Grem1983 Member

Twitter / Le Parisien

6. Son of a pitch

Son of a pitch Active Member

I bet he'll be off to PSG then. He's said, like Gervinho, that he'll only move abroad for Champions League football.

Edit: just seen what you wrote about PSG... I still doubt he'll come to us!

7. tommytoonAA

tommytoonAA Active Member

Just seen this on cwarr's twitter... did you get it from somewhere else? somewhere more reliable? <crossmyhearthopetodie.jpg>

8. Grem1983

Grem1983 Member

This is all i can find

http://www.leparisien.fr/psg-foot-p...paris-a-un-vrai-projet-02-06-2011-1477104.php

Yesterday morning at Clairefontaine, Kevin Gameiro talked a lot about his future transfer. In summarizing his remarks, the situation seems clear. Its future is taking shape at Valencia (Spain), or Paris. Since last winter, the two clubs are her eyes soft. The non-qualification PSG in the Champions League could be an obstacle to his coming irretrievable.

This is not the case. If they get it right, leaders in Paris have even a very nice card to play.
    "I want to go to a bigger club than Lorient in France or abroad, explains Gameiro. I always said I'm a fan of Spain. This is the game I love, it plays ball, but you must have as ... "However, to date, the steps of Valencia, third in the Championship of Spain, have stalled. The Spaniards are slow to increase their offer of &#8364; 7 million payable in several drafts. Newcastle, 12th in the Premier League, has sent a proposal for a &#8364; 12 million in cash. Obviously, this track is favored leaders Lorient. Gameiro but not tried. "If I go abroad, it is to play the Champions League," says he. And if he stays in France? "This will be the Champions League ... League or Europa. "This leaves the door open for PSG.
    "Everyone knows, Paris, I love it is the club of my childhood," says the native of Senlis (Oise). Paris has a real project and the park is the best stadium in France. I speak a little with William (Hoare) and Mamadou (Sakho). Mamadou pushes me to come! "Coincidentally, when he drops this phrase yesterday, the future captain of Paris passes by and starts with a broad smile:" Gameiro at PSG! "

Align Newcastle

Tuesday after the announcement of the arrival of Qatari investors, Alain Roche, head of recruitment of PSG, has reactivated the discussions. "We had frequent contact with Paris, said a leader of Manchester City. The arrival of a new investor has always been a precursor to more advanced discussions. At one point, PSG was ahead on this issue. Today they are late. Kevin is closer to England ... "The message is clear. If Paris wants to buy up the ante, it must match the proposal of Newcastle. He now has the means. Gameiro, he wants to concentrate on the France team, but he hopes to resolve his transfer in the week following his return from Poland.
    ListenRead phonetically

9. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I just can't see him signing for us. We have had players in the past who did not want to play for us but came for the money (Owen ****zor) and this situation with Gammy is going that way. I have not read one positive comment HE has made about us.... So it looks highly unlikely.

But we can hope, if he where to sign then it would be up to the players and fans to welcome him and show him we are a sleeping giant!

10. AH

AH Active Member

Well although it's sorta good to hear we're practically the only horse in the race, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll leave. If we've had our bid accepted by the club, it's now down to the player and he'll probably not accept (unless he's Carroll's french cousin and the triple wage bill attracts him)

Also, news regarding Gervinho.. cwarr tweeted that L'Equipe reported this morning " "Lille se prépare à un éventuel départ de Gervinho Newcastle" lille prepared wid eventual loss of gervinho 2 nufc "
    But, upon finding it myself, I translated it as meaning " Moreover, Lille prepares for a possible departure from Gervinho (Newcastle?). "
    Similar wordings, but can still mean entirely different things. The big word being 'possible' - with us being suggested right at the end as a possibility.

11. THE LEFT BOOT OF ROBERT

THE LEFT BOOT OF ROBERT Well-Known Member

still got my heart set on this one, still think we'll have to pull out all the stops and then some to have any hope of signing him :)

12. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

The better translaton is "eventual"rahter than "possible", for what that's worth

13. Darth Gogledd

Darth Gogledd Well-Known Member

I'm surprised we're the only Prem club in the running for him.

14. Tiggyrimana

Tiggyrimana Active Member

Been doing the rounds on facebook that Gervinho due to wanting to play with international team mate has decided Newcastle is his preferred destination.

15. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

Sounds like Lille are simply consigned to losing Gervinho

16. THE LEFT BOOT OF ROBERT

THE LEFT BOOT OF ROBERT Well-Known Member

17. AH

AH Active Member

I'm no good with French ha, just to say. So I wouldn't know ha.

I just want an answer, sick of all this waiting!
    Looking forward to Gervinho's revelations this week <ok>

18. Snorlax

Snorlax Active Member

19. Lord Beer

Lord Beer Member

We always knew we could outbid Valencia. Our bid will always be the mroe attractive with cash up front, it's just a case of hoping the others drop out.

I'd happily be his third choice, he should see it as a positive. Come here, have a good season and one of two things could happen...

1) He has a blinder of a season, as does the club and we end up in Europe.
    2) He has a blinder of a season, we don't make Europe but we get silly money for him.

Obviously there is the third possible scenario, he turns out to be worse that Stephane Guivarch.

20. Aldridge_Prior

Aldridge_Prior Active Member

I can't believe we're at the point where we believe Gervinho and Gameiro might actually happen! I mean that in a good way too, it's nice to feel confident that the club is improving!

Welcome back delusion, it's been a while!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.