1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gaston Ramirez

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Premier_Bound_Tiger, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Premier_Bound_Tiger

Premier_Bound_Tiger Well-Known Member

With all the hype around Ben Arfa (cracking signing) I feel he is being overlooked slightly. So just wanted to give him a little bit if love.

He is one I feel will make an excellent addition to the team and I'm very surprised Southampton let him go. They signed him 2 years ago for £12m and although he never really lived up to his expectations he has still been impressive.

Looking at his stats earlier he has played 2250 minutes/25 full games of PL football in that time he has scored 6 and assisted 6, a good return for someone trying to find their feet in English football. Most of those minutes were of the bench as well where it's often hard to make an impact.

Played in the right system and given a run of games I feel he will become a vital player for us and give us that extra bit of quality/creativity in the final third. It also brings the fringe benefit of helping club record signing Hernandez settle, which could be vital in getting him up and running.

Overall I am equally excited by this (and all our signings) as I am Ben Arfa, we've done some terrific business.

2. Quill

Quill Bastard

The reason HBA is getting more hype is because more people on here know about him.

3. Cityswall

Cityswall Well-Known Member

IMHO the Ben Arfa story (well at least for me) is more to do with the fasinating back story which lead to us getting him.

4. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

I go through these short phases were i realise the attacking talent we now have, shorty before returning back to disbelief <laugh>

On ramirez though, I think people are more aware of Ben Arfa's talents, therefore his signing takes the limelight, but i don't think anyone is underestimating Ramirez and most people know we've got a ****ing good player.

It'll be interesting to see how they all fit in and who misses out!!