1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General Election

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by 2020VisionofLeeds, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

With pleasure on condition that I get to flick the switch. <whistle>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Millwallsteve likes this.
  3. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

me too and i have voted labour all my life.

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

exactly.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have said before, I am a floater voter, I don’t have an allegiance to any party. If I remember rightly my last three votes have been Labour and two for UKIP. This time around it is one of the easiest votes I will ever make, Tory by a landslide.

Corbyn is an utter prick and Labour all a bunch of pricks for not ousting him before now. I can’t make my mind up if I hate him more than I hated Clegg.

May calling an election now is a genius move, when she took over from Cameron I thought it was an awful appointment, I was wrong, it was an excellent move and I have been very impressed with her.

I agree with Doc, great chance now for a big clear out and if Labour have any sense they will sweep Corbyn out the minute May is declared the winner and persuade David Milliband to lead them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Labour gain a few seats back in Scotland and if it means we don’t have to see Sturgeon on TV harping on ever again that will also be great news.

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tried to edit my above post and ended up quoting it...

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

So who are they going to lose them to? Labour? Tories? UKIP? LibDem? Interested to hear what you think, as you clearly have a view.

8. Whitejock

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ristac is now officially my running mate <laugh> How about this then. If Corbyn resigns tonight or by the weekend a different dynamic but Labour still get wasted but not as bad. Mrs Balls, lets hope she gets kicked out as she voted to remain, wants open door free movement and wants refugees, yet her constituents want fook all to do with her. So was I a betting man, ed Balls comes back and takes over Labour and Copper takes his place on Strictly.

UKIP need to forget about going up against Conservative leavers and concentrate on all those bent Labour twats. I would go further and announce support for PM May as this election is about brexit. It will save them money, not be embarrassing when they only win a couple, and give them time to lick their wounds after Stoke, Carswell, Reckless & Evans, not forgetting that Nuttall is probably toxic still after his first World Cup goal

10. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

We'll see if the Tories taking over from Labour as the opposition in the Scottish parliament translates into more seats for them in June. <ok>

11. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

:bandit: <whistle>

12. Whitejock

<rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl>

No chance. They have 1 seat in Scotland & we think they cheat to get that! Labour only got taken out because they stood together with the Tories at Indyref. That included all the dirty tricks. They may be forgiven. In time. But not tories. Never forgiven. And you can blame the evil witch directly for that.

13. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

I have been saying for months that its not Corbins ideas that people dislike its Corbin If Labour politicians rally round him Labour may spring a surprise. No doubt he will get lots of flak from the Sun and the Mail etc but we need a government that will govern in the interest of all our people not just the wealthy. I will be voting LABOUR.

Whitejock likes this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

Never voted Tory in my life,but first time for everything,and same with my dad,landslide.

ristac, Millwallsteve and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  15. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

The Tories did not like a government running the railways and privatised it to "stimulate competition". We now have foreign state owned companies running three quarters of the network, same with the energy companies and they are hoping to do the same with the NHS. I can only say that we have got the government we deserve.

Whitejock likes this.
  16. Whitejock

Can't understand why you would do that. They've already cut benefits to genuinely disabled people by £30 a week. What happens next? Kill the NHS? Only a couple of steps away from it, especially if they get a 'landslide.

I've been in a position where a loved one needed an urgent op & it wasn't going to happen unless I produced my credit card. I was lucky - I had one. Not a nice position to be in if you don't have a credit card - and that's what's going to happen if we lose the NHS. And it will happen.

17. lifecheshirewhite

Ow I can see your point,but until we stop sending Billions of pounds to Poland and Romainia in benefits to people who have never even been to this country,they will never be money left for our own people.We need to put British first and only the Tories will do that.
    We also need to stop the option of dropping a couple of babies and getting more to sit at home than people get to work.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  18. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Completely right. I have a (genuinely) disabled close relative and her treatment has been appalling. I have relatives in the NHS and frankly its falling apart. The rot set in when Cameron came to power and is continuing. Lets cut corporation tax though.

Whitejock likes this.
  19. lifecheshirewhite

The NHS is under strain,mind you the 3 million car cleaners you and Glory are happy to bring in hasn't helped matters.Lets see if it gets better in 2 years.:wink:

Millwallsteve likes this.
  20. lifecheshirewhite

The Railways cost us Billions and was rotten all the way from the top to the bottom.While its no better now it costs us a lot less.
    My Dad spent his whole working life after the Army working on the Railways,he told me some stories like in the winter of 62 spending 3 months playing darts and cards waiting for the ground to thaw out enough to dig on full pay,this was a large group of men.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017