1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

George Boyd

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Newland Tiger, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

He's only got one eye but surely he is a Wembley starter , how impressive has he been recently ? Even better today after coming back from his ban

Personally I love to see players who work their way up through the leagues but I always thought his pace might be an issue at this level

2. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

My mate's always asking after him being a Posh fan..

3. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

He was terrific today, scored a great header, showed some great skill on the ball and, as he always does, got stuck in. I don't think he made even one mistake today.

4. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

His first half performance was worth the MOTM in itself...he was everywhere.

5. Tiggaz4Life

Tiggaz4Life Member

Boyd should definitely start, Aluko looks a liability at the moment. I'd also drop Livermore for Meyler assuming Thudd is match fit and play 4-4-2. Can't ****ing wait for this one. The win today should have the lads raring to go.

Harper

Rosenior / Chester / Davies / Figueroa

Elmo / Huddlestone / Meyler / Boyd

Sagbo / Fryatt

6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Boyd was class.

7. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Drop Livermore?!!!! No way.
    Change formation to accommodate Boyd e.g. Sagbo or Fryatt not both (4-2-3-1 for example).

8. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Completely agree that Boyd has to start but if Thudd is fit I wouldn't mind seeing George up front playing off Sagbo at Wembley. He was a prolific goal scorer in his early career when he was used as a striker and he has far more skill and better anticipation than Fryatt. He could give the Shef United defence a hell of a time. I'd also start him every League game at LW. Gives us much more balance with him and Elmo bombing down the wings.

9. Tiggaz4Life

Tiggaz4Life Member

Will be a very physical encounter in midfield so maybe you're right. I think if Hudd has a good game his skill could put the game to bed early on, but if not we could find ourselves needing Jake's graft. Boyd has to play though, this is the type of match he and Elmo can run riot. I dunno about playing Sagbo or Fryatt, Saggers has a tendency to drift wide to help link up play, whereas Fryatt for me needs someone in the box to play off to be effective. Sure Brucey's got it covered anyway.

10. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Boyd's attitude and commitment were great today. He linked the midfield and the forwards really well and scored a great header. Should certainly get the nod ahead of Aluko on current form.

11. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Nice guy...Stopped for photos after the West Brom game...If he had pace he wouldn't be with us.

12. Altrincham Tiger

Altrincham Tiger Well-Known Member

A mate of mine a few years back was a Stevenage Boro fan, (before they shortened their name to Stevenage to ensure European qualification and 7 figure sponsorship deals).

He was living in the North-West at the time and right at the end of the season, (think it was around 2004) he dragged me to a Conference fixture - Northwich Victoria v Stevenage Boro. Played in front of a crowd of about 200, Stevenage Boro won 2-1. And George Boyd was one of their scorers. Now funnily enough at the time, I never thought that I'd just seen the player that would effectively secure Hull City Premier League football 10 years in the future.

13. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

She was much underrated. But I fail to see what your mates favourite Spice Girl has to do with George Boyd...

14. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Are you mental?

Fryatt has coolness under pressure and is a clinical finisher. Rare attributes.

Boydy has great stamina and is much more mobile.

15. BigotAlertAnalRimMan

He's slow but somehow often manages to beat the RB, unlike Elmo who is much faster than GB... go figure.

16. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Given the ridiculous crap you post on here day after day I rather think its you who are mental. If Fryatt is the "clinical finisher" you claim why does Bruce loan him out and then keep him on the bench.??? I doubt Fryatt will be with us next season but I know Boyd will be.

17. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter didn't finish 2nd **** sake

18. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

He did do a bad corner that was way overhit. Otherwise though he was good.

19. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

That's when I knew you had lost the argument.....

20. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

Took a mate to the game with me today that isn't a city fan but plays football to a pretty high standard. He couldn't believe how predictable Elmo was on the right, i.e big touches and an early cross every time. I did see him take it to the by-line in the first half and got excited thinking he might have added some variety but then he returned to the normal Elmo for the rest of the game.