1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ghosts

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Magic Ted, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Unequivocally this ^ <laugh>

2. saintKlopp

In my opinion, your alternative theory is no more credible than the spirits explanation. Anyone can come up with a theory about anything and defy others to disprove it, but only when there is real hard evidence to support it, should any rational person accept it.
    As a scientist, RHC ought to know better than to dismiss out of hand anything that cannot be proven one way or the other. Most scientists and philosophers tend towards a falsifiability test when assessing a theory.
    My own opinion is that most of these experiences are in the mind, fanciful interpretations of rational events. Just because it isn't easy to see a rational explanation doesn't mean none exists, and there's been enough research into psychology over many years to show that the mind is capable of all sorts of manifestations.

3. Red Hadron Collider

Je suis un agent provocateur <yikes>

saintKlopp likes this.
  4. saintKlopp

What's with the Frog stuff? Have you been turned?

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I try not to laugh at people who believe in an afterlife.
    1) Because I know that no one can be 100% sure that there isn't one.
    2) Because it feels mean
    3) Because a person who has a devout belief, while completely batshit insane to me, if they are happy in themselves and are not hurting anyone, then more power to them. As long as they aren't forcing down other peoples throats #f**kinjo-ho's

6. Red Hadron Collider

Nah.Just being playful <ok> I'm an agnostic really.

7. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

More spooky stories please <ok> <whistle>

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He'll be eating garlic bread next.

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Quiet down, we're derailing. <whistle>

10. saintKlopp

I'm not convinced. I'd like to propose a theory that you are, in fact, an inveterate Francophile.
    As evidence, I suggest that your continued execration of all things Frog is a clear example of someone pretending to hate something they love- and your obvious mastery of the Froggish lingo is another dead giveaway.
    I'm working on a similar theory for badgers. <badger>

organic red likes this.

11. saintKlopp

That's a bit harsh on one of our fellow posters.

Garlic Klopp and luvgonzo like this.
  12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Indeed but we are hungry, hungry men. :emoticon-0163-pizza

13. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

Batards <grr>

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

There's also the snail thing. <ok>

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I can tell you about a scary dream I once had.
    Dreamt I was alone in my mums house (was about 12 at the time) and I heard a crying child upstairs.
    So I walked upstairs and listened on the landing and the crying sounded like it was coming from my bedroom, so I opened the door and for some reason the room was entirely empty of furniture, no bed, no dresser, no cupboard.
    Except in the corner, was what looked like a little boy, stood up, facing the wall crying.
    He had black mangy hair and what looked like a white christening gown.
    I dont remember being scared up to this point, more concerned.
    I edged closer, asking the kid if he was okay, but he completely ignored me and carried on crying, his back to me, facing the wall at an intersection.
    My first pang of fear hit when looked down and saw that the kid had no shoes on, and his feet were backwards, they facing me!!!
    I remember saying "oh my god" and immediately as I said it, he stopped crying, and spun round
    The ****ed up thing? He had no face whatsoever, just what looked like an egg, no eyes, no nose, no mouth.
    Even though he had no face I got the distinct impression he was angry at me...as if saying "oh my god" had pissed him off.
    I was frozen and couldnt move, for about 10 seconds, in total fear.....
    then I woke up.............

True dream I had when I was 12.

16. Red Hadron Collider

I'm going to have real fun listening to you trying to prove this. As a scientist, can tell you'll have to do significantly better than you did with your initial effort.

PS I don't really hate badgers. I do, however, hate the frogs, by and large <ok>

17. saintKlopp

Very true. L'amour pour l'escargot.
    QED.

18. Red Hadron Collider

It's no wonder you're a head-****ed chav supporter <laugh> <yikes>

19. LuisDiazgamechanger

Did dead mother save her baby from beyond the grave? Three US cops claim mystery 'woman's voice' called to them from flooded car where they found baby alive beside her mother's body - 14 HOURS after crash
    • Lynn Groesbeck, 25, was driving home from her parents' house Friday night when she veered off roadway and into Spanish Fork River
    • Fisherman found the car the next day, partially submerged in the river
    • Groesbeck was found dead in driver's seat of vehicle, while her baby girl was alive in the back seat, above the frigid river waters
    • Police officers said they heard an unknown woman's voice asking softly for help as they approached the overturned car
    • Lily Groesbeck, 18 months old, was flown to Primary Children's Hospital, where she was in stable condition and is improving
    By KELLY MCLAUGHLIN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 19:06, 9 March 2015 | UPDATED: 12:35, 10 March 2015

The four officers who rescued an 18-month-old toddler from the wreck of a submerged car on Sunday said they launched into their heroics when they heard desperate pleas for help coming from a woman inside.

But when the four men used all their strength to right the red Dodge sedan, they found little Lily Groesbeck to be the only passenger left alive in the vehicle.
    Her mother, 25-year-old Lynn Jennifer Groesbeck, had passed away the night before when she lost control of the car and could not possibly have called for the men to help save her child.
    'For two nights I've laid awake trying to figure out exactly what it could be. All I know is it was there, we all heard it,' Spanish Fork Police Officer Tyler Beddoes said. 'It was extra motivation.'

Scroll down for video

please log in to view this image

+15
    Lone survivor: 25-year-old Lynn Jennifer Groesbeck (left) and her 18-month-old daughter, Lily (right), were found inside a crashed car in Utah's Spanish Fork river on Saturday. Groesbeck pictured above in a photo posted to Facebook

+15
    Spanish Fork Police Officers Tyler Beddoes, left, and Jared Warner, right, and Spanish Fork City Firefighters Lee Mecham, second from left, and Paul Tomadakis, second from right, answered questions Monday night regarding be the first responders on scene

+15
    Submerged: The temperature in the river was near freezing throughout the night after the car hit the river. Water flowed into the car through broken windows and rushed just below Lily's head

+15
    Tragic: Groesbeck died in the crash, but her baby, Lily, survived, is in stable condition and is improving. She is opening her eyes and doing well, police said
    Beddoes said that he and the other three on scene responded to the voice calling for help when they approached the car.

All four officers said they were there to help. But when they flipped the car, the mother was already deceased and Lily was unconscious, he said.

A firefighter jumped into the river and cut the straps, freeing the blond baby girl who was wearing only a flannel onesie and no hat or gloves.

Officers formed a line in the river and handed the cold girl to one another until she was on the shoreline and in emergency workers' arms. They rushed her to an ambulance and performed CPR, Beddoes said Monday, two days after the crash.

Lily is in stable condition and improving, according to hospital officials. Beddoes, who spoke with the family, said the baby is opening her eyes and doing well.

'Her improvement is astounding. Right now she's watching 'Dora (the Explorer)' and singing '(The) Wheels on the Bus' with Grandpa. She is smiling and laughing for family members. We're blown away by Lily's progress and so grateful to her rescuers,' Lily's family said, according to CNN.

Nobody knows exactly how the infant survived hanging upside down for nearly 14 hours in her car seat with no food or water.

As she dangled, icy water rushed just below her head through broken car windows as the Dodge Caliber sat perched on the bank and rocks. The temperatures were near freezing throughout the night and through the morning.

'It's heartbreaking. Was she crying most the night?' said Beddoes, a 30-year-old father of two. 'It's a miracle... She was needed for sure elsewhere.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2986597/Toddler-improving-14-hours-upside-car-river.html

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The cracks are starting to appear. <whistle>