1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grayson getting tough!!!

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Spanish white, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Ok....

the Kasper thing is going to run for a bit...

interesting on Twitter he said he never asked for a move or wanted to move.

Yes he has a year left and Grayson as said the offer is good for the club....
    so whats the offer......

so why did you not get rid of Beckford,BJ,Kilkenny when bids were put in.... in the last year of their contracts?

But your happy to sell our No1 to our promotion rivals.....

Im sorry it does not add up...
    why not let him see the year out and if we get promoted he may sign or not.... why the double standards Larry???

if we sell him...it give s a clear indication to the fans...last year the back four in the majority were shocking and he had allot to do..but for me he is the best keeper we have had for a while....

Larry you will be making a mistake if you go through with this....

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Unless he has someone better ready.

3. Spanish white

no chance...also is he going to sell Max as well?

4. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

but surely you wouldnt sell until the replacement is in place as theres always a risk the deal might not happen,
    im sure Kasper is good enough to have put on the market and still recieved a fee after the replacement had actually signed,why the urgency,,,,

5. Jerel Ifil

I really don't buy into this panic about Gradel and Snodgrass. Grayson's a suck-up, but I can't see Bates wanting Max and Snoddy sold; he does have ambition despite going about it in a prickish way, and if Bates does try force Grayson to sell, I can't see him just taking it. Schmeichel was only average over the course of the season, it really shouldn't be hard to find a better replacement. Like Mighty says, it's a very risky deal to do unless we're confident there are two or three decent options; maybe we've even got one already agreed behind closed doors.

6. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

I reckon there's someone lined up. It would be madness for us to sell him without having a deal in place for another keeper. Especially if Kasper hasn't pushed for a transfer, and Grayson commented that it is what's best for the club.

7. Spanish white

good shout and too sensible for Us to even think about :(

8. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

i have a huge feeling that leeds will cash in on gradel and use nunez as his replacement?? Nunez looks good but is he 18 goals a season material. Im abit miffed about this whole situation at the minute.

I think we will end up signing brown as a back up, but westwood has to be taken seriously. Ive seen no indication that sunderland have signed him over the last week

9. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

We had no intention of signing Westwood as SG knew in MAY when he had the meetiing with the parasite that we were not going to offer Kasper anew contractso a replacement would have been discussed thenand he would have told SG he wants too much so go in when its too late then it looks like we tried to get him. When I was a boy in the early 50,s the teams nickname was the MUGS we know who the mugs are now!

10. Que Somma Somma

Wont have a better keeper at this level than Kasper, weve made a huge mistake, he'll be worth 7/8 mil in 3/4 years time

11. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

I reckon the Jason Brown link could be as a back up keeper. We were linked to him before the whole Kasper situation happened. Kieron Westwood would be a brillaint signing, and I don't see why Sunderland would want him or he'd want to go there - they already have Craig Gordon and he would be unlikely to be 1st choice. If you look at the sources linking Westwood to Sunderland, they'll all crap - daily mail and just local papers. The Guardian have linked him to Sunderland but only in that they 'opened talks'. I think we've got a chance of signing him.

"LEEDS UNITED will step up their attempts to lure No 1 target Keiren Westwood to Elland Road after accepting a bid from Leicester City for Kasper Schmeichel.

The Elland Road club first spoke to Coventry City’s out-of-contract goalkeeper during the final few months of last season after it emerged he was unlikely to sign a new deal at the Ricoh Arena. Simon Grayson has been a big admirer of the 26-year-old Republic of Ireland international for some time. Sunderland are understood to have also been in talks with Westwood over a possible move to the Premier League with sources in the North East indicating a deal could be imminent. However, following yesterday’s decision to accept Leicester’s £1.5m bid for Schmeichel, Leeds will step up their bid to land the highly-rated former Carlisle United goalkeeper."

That's from YEP.

12. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

i think bates has Larry under his thumb and beck and call and larry is stupid enough to tag along with it,,
    then when things go pearshaped Larry gets the boot and takes all the flak,,

13. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Que somma somma
    your absolutely right m8, Kasper will make it to the very top of that im sure, what is he 24 still very young.

14. Jerel Ifil

From last season: Paddy Kenny, Dorus De Vries, Lee Camp, David Marshall, Keiren Westwood, Julian Speroni, Adam Federici

For this season: Ben Foster, Robert Green, Kelvin Davis

Obviously I didn't see much of those keepers, but I bet if they'd been playing for us, they could have done equally well if not better than Schmeichel. £7-8m? I'll give you that much if he's ever worth that. Actually, the way the game's going maybe that's a stupid promise. I'll give you £7-8 instead. ;)

15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

How old is Ken Bates now ? would not put it past him to grab as much as he can in transfer monies and then sell the club,,,,good old Ken

16. Liw

Liw Member

I don't see why Sunderland would want him or he'd want to go there
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. They would be getting a very good promising keeper for nothing
    2. They'll be wanting him to push Gordon
    3. He'll be getting a massive rise in wages
    4. He'll go thinking if he plays well, he'll get in the team.

You still dont understand that transfer ????????????????

Makes perfect sense to me

17. BargainBucket

BargainBucket New Member

He got offered £5million by Norwich for Snodgrass, but refused it, so he can't be thinking solely about money.

It the uncertainty of the situation which is peeing people off, selling our only keeper without a signed up replacement.

I honestly don't think Kasper was the great keeper people believed. Great in the big games against Aresenal, but in the championship games where it really mattered he was poor from crosses and any shot that was placed in the corner just went flying in past him everytime, it was like watching David Lucas all over again!

I know he's only 6ft 1 which is relatively short for a keeper thesedays, but others compensate for this by staying light and timing their jump perfectly i.e. Shay Given, Kasper literally used to just stand there and watch the goals go by... So given time we should be able to find a replacement, just have to negotiate with free agents which takes time...

18. BargainBucket

BargainBucket New Member

No chance would Westwood ever get ahead of Gordon at Sunderland... promising keeper that he is.

That's the only reason we have a genuine chance of signing him + Sunderland is a dive & makes Leeds look like the cultural capital of the world in comparison... if you've ever had an awayday there you'll know what I mean!

19. Liw

Liw Member

Bargain

When did we get offered £5m for snoddy

20. BargainBucket

BargainBucket New Member

Also Westwood wants to be Ireland's new no1 keeper and push Shay Given off his comfortable fkn perch... he can't do this if he's sitting on the bench at Sunderland.