1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Greatest ever manager....

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dean24, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Dean24

Dean24 Member

We have ever had in our entire history must be PHIL BROWN. I'm sick to spunking death of listening to ****loads of ungrateful cock sucking bastards endlessly slagging the bloke off, Think back to what he achieved then look in the mirror and tell yourselves to get ****ed. ( please ).

2. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

Terry Neil or Cliff Britton

3. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

Peter Taylor......Dean everyone has their own opinion so i'll thank you to not dictate who should and should be thank you very much dickhead

4. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

I've always rated brown and never really slag him off, he did brilliantly in getting a fairly average championship side promoted and kept them in the prem, I firmly believe that if we didnt get rid of brown when we did we would have stayed up, and I dont get why people slag him off either, although there was that tan and the karaoke.........................................

5. leedstiger

leedstiger Member

Its actually really difficult to call. I think I would say Peter Taylor but Brown is also up there even though some say he gambled and got lucky with a rookie Man U striker and Deano's Indian Summer. The problem with Brown is that he alienated himself and the club went from everyones second team to one that was laughed for the karaoke, head/ear piece, tan, etc.. He did win very few games once the bubble burst and the 'Bounce-back-ability' deserted us. Brownie was certainly the most charismatic in recent times and came out with some classic quotes 'success is a journey not a destination' - class.

Now the worse manager, thats a little easier to call............

Ternant, Dolan, Molby, Parkinson... or is it?

6. Tigers piss on weeds

Dolan without a doubt he ruined my childhood that prick!

7. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Peter Taylor for me, sorry Dean.

8. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

If you judge success on getting the club to where they haven't been before - Brown obviously wins. He is the only man to do that - but doing that also writes off 104 years of our history as completely unimportant, and that only anything involving the Premier League/First Division can allow a city manager to be successful.

As Leeds Tiger said, could we expect the same result if we hadn't managed to land a Premier League quality striker in the run up the championship. Once the wheels fell off, our collapse was epic. People say that Brownie could have kept us up, and I like the man, so I would like to think he could have. Though I've yet to see any form of reasoning that backs up the theory Brownie could have kept us up. The stats were showing a side heading in one direction only.

Taylor is a good candidate certainly.

But it only takes a glance on Wikipedia and you can see there are other candidates. Colin Appleton? He won more than 50% of his games, and is the only City Manager to have done so over more than 50 games, but he did walk out on us, and was naff second time around. Cliff Britton? He won 27 more games than any other manager. But he did manage the team for almost games more than anyone else.

For me... I would go with Taylor. Mainly because I saw his games, and the promotions seemed more... I don't know. Stable somehow.

Crap reasoning. But works for me.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  9. EdmontonTiger

EdmontonTiger Active Member

How about Warren Joyce? he must be up there even if it was only for a short time.
    Who can forget that season and the Great Escape,
    He gets bonus points as he is still helping us out not with the young lads from UTD!

10. x

x Well-Known Member

we can gve you a list of reasons if you like. we can find stats that convince most of us he couldnt keep us up. many of rated him before 2009.

11. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

I guess most of you would be much too young to remember but anyone who saw him will never forget the contribution Raich Carter made to Hull City. The "Silver-haired Wizard" was more than a Manager and endeared himself to the Boothferry Park faithful by bringing back pride and faith in Hull City. Phil Brown will remain (for years I would guess) as the Manager who took us to the "Promised Land" and has therefore etched his name forever in our history. Peter Taylor is one who will not be forgotten by bringing us out of the depths of despair and into the light of pride and hope.
    Very debatable subject and one which will bring diverse opinions.

12. dem_on

dem_on Member

Raich Carter had charisma and talent ,Peter Taylor had a "do not lose attitude" and a desire, Phil Brown had an ego and Big Sam pulling his strings until he landed the Blackburn job. Hard choice lol

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Brownie achieved more than any Hull City manager, as he took us higher in the league than we'd ever been previously.

He then lost the plot, while(allegedly) taking backhanders, I think you'll find that's why many peoples opinions of him been tarnished.

14. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

If I had to choose based on what the managers impact had on Hull City then my choice would be Warren Joyce.

I know we’ve had so much success since then and both Taylor and Brown deserve credit for what they achieved, but lest we forget that if it hadn’t have been for WJ and the Great Escape season, we might not even have a club to talk about.

15. EastParkTiger

EastParkTiger Member

1. Taylor
    2. Brown
    3. Joyce

Without these 3 we may well not exist as the club we are at all.

16. Jimmy Graham's bald head

Jimmy Graham's bald head Well-Known Member

Great call on Joyce, I think he gets my vote too. Without his achievements the club would never have been where it was for Taylor and Brown's later successes.

Molby just pips Dolan to worst for me - at least Dolan had the excuse of sod all funds to work with. Fish out, Dolan out!

17. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

Brown for me- for the pink jumper over the shoulders if nothing else..

18. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Don't mention it :emoticon-0105-wink:

19. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Steve Bruce

taigers likes this.
  20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to 2011

GLP likes this.