1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Handy Parking - 25/08/18 - Pride Park

Discussion in 'Preston' started by knabby crackers, Aug 19, 2018.

1. knabby crackers

knabby crackers Active Member

I hope this may be helpful to any Preston fans travelling by road to Derby for the game on 25th August, parking is available for away fans on 2 sites [100 and 400 yards from the stadium] at £6 per car/van [sorry no coaches].

I would advise that you do not approach by the M1/A52 as there are roadworks and reduced lanes which are causing bad delays, if you must use the M1 then exit at Jct28 and approach Derby by the A38. After passing Morrisons at the next island turn right and then left onto Old Mansfield Road, go over the bridge and at the next junction turn left, go past Chester Green and straight over the Police HQ island, go up the incline towards the St Alkmund's Way [Ring Road] turn left and indicate right and get in the 3rd lane and head up the incline in the left hand lane, at the intersection indicate left and stay in the right hand lane of the two going left, turn left at the lights and continuing in the right hand lane go over the railway bridge to the island. turn left into RIVERSIDE ROAD and go past David Lloyd.

For those who may wish to eat and drink before the game use the PRIDE VETERINARY CENTRE car park which is the first unit on the right hand side, elderly or less able fans should continue along Riverside Road and use the FRENGER SYSTEMS car park which is the last unit on the left hand side and is the nearest to the stadium.

Those using the M6/A50 should exit at the A6 and approach via Alvaston to London Road which takes you to the island signed PRIDE PARK >>>, turn right here and right again at the next island, go past the front of the stadium and across the island into RIVERSIDE ROAD and reverse the instructions above.

The roadworks on the A52 [both directions] in the vicinity of the Pride Park slip roads are ongoing until 2019 and you would be advised to avoid them like the plague, I hope this is helpful, have a safe journey.<ok>

2. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

That is useful, thank you.

3. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

I'll put it on Twitter

4. knabby crackers

knabby crackers Active Member

RAMS vs PNE - 23rd November 2019 - PRIDE PARK.

Although the A52 slip road onto Pride Park has now been opened I would still advise you follow the directions listed above, there are numerous roadworks on the retail park and delays and fraught tempers come as standard.

The parking facilities for away supporters on the PRIDE VETERINARY CENTRE and FRENGER SYSTEMS car parks are as above and the parking charge of £6 per car/van remains the same however, be prepared for delays exiting the area, my normal journey home time is 15 minutes, at present this is at least doubled..

I hope this helps, have a safe journey folks.

themaclad likes this.
  5. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Coach for me then the annual walk round the ground up to the Sports centre, makes a change to go on a Saturday for me