1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Has Westwood Been Signed

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by leeds60, Dec 30, 2018.

1. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Keiran Westwood was restored back into the team by Bullen and got 2 clean sheets yesterday he was left out of the team when Bullen admitted he wasn't injured reading between the lines Wed have fair play issues and so getting Westwood off the wages bill will help
    I would like to believe he has signed for us and will be available at Forest
    What are your thoughts

ristac likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Definitely on his way out after his tweet last week thanking the fans and virtually hinting his exit, just depends where he is going

3. leeds60

As Villa have signed a keeper I really think its us

4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well we’re in the market for one, I’d prefer Westwood on a free or nominal fee than the Newcastle lad as we can use any spare cash on a Saiz replacement OR as we’re playing Pablo central a wide player, maybe Pablo is the replacemen for Saiz and Pablos old position is where we are looking to strengthen. If he ever gets fit, Izzy Brown is supposedly the spare number 10

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  5. Morbid_White

Morbid_White Well-Known Member

On the basis that the transfer window doesn't open midnight 31st December, and for any new signing to be able to play in a game, all the paperwork must be registered by 12 noon the previous day, for any new player to play against Forest, then that would mean all the paperwork has to be registered by 12 noon tomorrow and approved by the football league, 12 hours before the transfer window even opens, so the chances I would put at exactly zero percent of any new signing playing for us on the 1st January.

6. davy

davy Well-Known Member

And a Happy New Year to you too, Morbid. <laugh><laugh>

7. Morbid_White

Well Leeds60 did ask for our thoughts, and thus it would be wrong of me to offer hope and excitement, when compared to realism and FL rules:emoticon-0116-evilg

wakeybreakyheart, FORZA LEEDS and dbc like this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Realism is usually frowned upon on this board. I should know

9. lifecheshirewhite

Is there a rule that says you can't do a pre contract which starts on the 1st of Jan.

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My thinking was, what if tomorrow they agree with him to terminate his contract and he agrees with Leeds to sign a new one. We’re permitted to sign out of contract players so Leeds 60 question was has he signed, not is he going to.

I’m assuming Wednesday want him off their payroll

11. Morbid_White

You can do all your own arrangements etc , however all the pre negotiations still has to be registered by the FL to confirm that the transfer has been completed, and I cant imagine that the FL will do that prior to the window opening for any club, never mind ourselves

12. Morbid_White

ok , that's a different take on the question than the one I looked at, as I will admit I presumed that all this would have taken place via the transfer window. Obviously if Westwood was released then yes he could be signed and registered by us ,due to having no contract, outside of the transfer window.

However that brings up 2 points.

1) how much would that realistically save Wednesday, terminating his contract, so that a club can sign him 2 or 3 days earlier than waiting for the transfer window to open.

2) If that is the case then, given that the FL don't do registrations outside of normal business hours (except on transfer deadline day), then as of now, we have 12 hours 40 minutes for the FL to register any non contract player signed by ourselves, to be able to play against Forest. Given that the FL probably don't start work till 9:00 am, that gives them 3 hours to do the registration, which thus reduces the chances that I gave of zero % to any new signing playing against forest to a very unlikely 1% chance.

Whilst I accept your interpretation of Leeds60 post as being viable, nor do I have any issue with his reasoning on why Westwood may be joining ourselves, I would say that thinking that he will make his debut against Forest is one of more hopeful imagination than anything else.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  13. lifecheshirewhite

Don't believe anyone would go straight in the team,until Bielsa is ready.

Whitejock likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In regards to how much it would save them I’m guessing every little helps, their chairman spoke last week and said without promotion soon they’re going to fall foul of fair play rules once again but I don’t believe anyone would walk straight into a team.

So in regards to Leeds 60 two part question I believe yes he might have agreed in principle to sign for us but no he won’t play for a week or two.

15. Morbid_White

There's that as well Chesh, I was just commenting upon the practicalities of the scenario, as trying to out think what Bielsa will do, is something that I am not capable of :emoticon-0100-smile

16. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

The advantage for the Wendies terminating his contract (by mutual agreement) is that they'd be assured that he was going. Remember Lonners move fell though & stymied us?

Don't think I'd agree to this if I was Westwood, unless I had paperwork to assure my future, like a post-dated contract that was all signed up. I doubt that will happen.

Then, as mentioned, he's need to get Bielsa-fied. I have no idea what his distribution qualities etc. are, so no idea what development he'd require. However, he's need to get fitter/leaner, no matter how fit/lean he is at the moment. He might get a waiver on fitness/leanness, being an older 'keeper, but I doubt it, so a few weeks getting fit enough for Bielsa is a minimum, imo. He then has to oust BPF, which Blackman failed to do, despite his alleged credentials.

So a February start at the earliest.

And all that ONLY if we sign him, which is far from assured.

Gessa likes this.
  17. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Following on from WJ,'s post above, will he sign? unless they're desperate to get rid, surely the new manager would have a say in which keeper he wants in goal.

18. leeds60

thank you Rik I wondered how Villa had signed a keeper recently and said he would play on Tuesday

ristac likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Whatever happens theres a change taking place at Wendies. A couple of weeks ago they were in trouble with the EFL for FFFP rules, banned from player trading, owner bollox every player then sacks manager. Since then we hear Bruce is taking over after his holiday bruce’s backroom team are in place for the last 2 games and made a huge difference and even picked Westwood who kept a clean sheet, but dropped him for the last game?

I think you can assume new money has come into the club by either an investment or a deal to take over the club. Bruce wont go anywhere without a transfer kitty and also gets a huge wage. Westwood may have had his contract terminated as part of his negotiation to leave. “i’ll go but only if you terminate my contract now” free agent he becomes?

20. leeds60

But will Doc the spender come when Forest beckons, lets see but it shows Bruces lack of respect already for his new club for me I say stick with Bullen