1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Heroes of 2020

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderpitt, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

My heroes of 2020 are two individuals and one group of amazing professionals.

Captain Sir Thomas Moore..age 100 showed that never say die spirit and selflessness that is so awe inspiring.. raising money for the NHS.

Marcus Rashford (regular posters on here will know i am not a big fan of manure). This young man has had a rags to riches story but due to values instilled into him by his Mum has never forgot where he came from and became a spoilt brat. He has twice, made born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Bonko and chums do U turns and acknowledge child poverty..

All the NHS workers who have worked in Covid 19 wards and ICUs, often self isolating so as not to pass on the virus to their families. Some have died.

They are my heroes of 2020!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  2. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

My sister and her NHS colleagues.

As I type this my sister is at work trying to save people's lives and assist running several hospitals in Hampshire who are at maximum capacity (worst than the 1st wave) and have 300 plus staff off ill.

She spent Christmas Eve trying to find a way to get more than 1 qualified nurse onto several of the wards and magic up staff to be able to give patients the care they need.

I also found out yesterday she caught Covid back in April, self isolated for 2 weeks away from her family and thankfully recovered but didn't tell mam, dad or me as she didn't want us worrying

Nig, Comfy, RTB and 10 others like this.
  3. Whittylad

Whittylad Well-Known Member

True heroes everyone of them. Thanks you to your sister for her fantastic efforts and to all who work in the NHS.

4. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

There’s a lot of incredible people in the U.K.

Hats off the them all, including those actually following the guidelines. Just think how bad it would be if they hadn’t, and we all know how tough it’s been.

To the scientists who’s worked night & day to deliver the vaccine which will hopefully get all our lives back - I salute you.

But yes those on the front line of the NHS are very special people indeed. I include care workers in this.

Bart

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Most of the lasses in my family are NHS frontline and as far as I’m concerned they are ducking gladiators.

Hats off to all of them, and the police who’ve had a thankless task.

We’ve seen some wonderful shows of humanity in the worst circumstances, I’ve no time to dwell on the flip side of it.

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Can I add all frontline services as well every step of our food chain from farmers to supermarket workers. Not to mention the charity of civilians. The working class have really shown the Tories who the real essential workers are.

Montysoptician and Sunderpitt like this.
  7. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Texted my sister to make sure that she was OK and to pass on thanks from strangers off the Internet

She has had a horrendous day but is glad to be home with her family till it all starts again tomorrow

Sunderpitt likes this.