1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How to have fewer games...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Turbia Milk, May 3, 2024.

1. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I never think of EFL as the LC. The EFL is to me the collective term for championship to league 2

2. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Also the LC has always been a big tournament for liverpool. I know it’s lost its appeal over recent seasons but as the team who has won it the most always feels like it’s an important one to win for us.

It’s also the first cup of the season and getting that early can be a huge confident booster (albeit does mean media go on about potential quad all season!)

saintPort&Ginger likes this.
  3. saintPort&Ginger

I've always written LC as well - like I said, somewhere along the line EFL crept in so I've just repeated it.
    I think English League Cup is the official title, going back to before the PL was created, because it was only open to those in the four-tier English league as opposed to the FA Cup being open to any affiliated team.

4. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

True.

UEFA has instigated a new competition that by its very nature is meant for the second tier teams in each country's league so they won't be expecting the best teams to be participating. Isn't that the whole idea. They don't really care who's on it as long as the money keeps rolling in.

The CL is the showcase, the EL supporting act with the Conference appearing in small letters somewhere further down.

saintPort&Ginger likes this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'd much rather win the League Cup than FA Cup but that's just to do with the timing of games/fixtures