1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Huddersfield Town v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2021-2-18_10-54-59.png

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City

Competition - Sky Bet Championship
    Venue - John Smith’s Stadium
    Date - 20 February 2021
    Kick off - 3.00 pm

Following their hard fought, and possibly, ‘undeserved’ win over Nottm Forest, next up for Steve Cooper’s Swansea squad is a visit to Yorkshire to play Huddersfield.

Given that the last meeting between the two sides saw the Terriers come away with a brilliant 2-1 win in South Wales - handing the Swans their only home loss of the season so far - this is potentially a real banana-skin for Cooper’s squad.

On Wednesday evening, the Swans came up against an in form Forest side and were rather fortunate to secure all 3 points courtesy of a late Connor Roberts’ header.

As a result, the Swans returned to 3rd place, 1 point behind Brentford but have 2 (away) matches in hand.

The previous evening, Middlesbrough hung on despite Paddy McNair's late red card as they revived their faltering Championship play-off bid by coming from behind to beat struggling Huddersfield.

Isaac Mbenza whipped home a brilliant 25-yard free-kick to give the Terriers the lead but Duncan Watmore beat two defenders to curl in an equally exquisite equaliser.

Ashley Fletcher completed the first-half turnaround, squeezing a penalty underneath Ryan Schofield after Lewis O'Brien had caught Boro full-back Darnell Fisher in the box.

McNair's harsh dismissal for a tackle on Juninho Bacuna nine minutes from time sparked a late rally from the visitors and Kieran Phillips almost salvaged a point, hitting the post from 12 yards.

In terms of current form, the Swans are unbeaten in their last nine league games – a run consisting of seven wins and two draws - and are yet to lose a league game in 2021, a run underpinned by their strong defence.

The Terriers come off the narrow loss at Middlesbrough in midweek and aim to get their first win of 2021.

With the ninth best home record in the league, the Terriers will hope to get that first win and do the double over the Swans.

Looking ahead to Saturday, I think the Swans will have to improve significantly over last night’s performance - if they don’t, I can see Huddersfield recording a notable double. That said, I fancy the Swans to return to South Wales with at least a point. <cheers>

2. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

This is the relevant point. Be interesting to see how Cooper reacts. Normally at this point I'd be expecting a draw at best but with the Swans steam rollering my expectations this season I'm going for an away win 1 - 2 :emoticon-0178-rock:

It's incredible to think that if we win the two games in hand we're top of the league (at this point), so theoretically it's completely in our hands. COYS!

3. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Thanks Taff. Surely there has to be a big improvement on last night. So it's a 1-0 win for the Swans and another clean sheet.

4. Taffvalerowdy

Brentford fans really think that we are a bunch of cynical sh1ts....

‘It’s important to also recognise that this doesn’t have to dilute our style of play. There is a massive difference between making one tactical foul and and being a cynical bunch of ***** who foul on rotation as part of the game plan (Swansea).’

The sad thing is these delusional tossers actually believe the crap they post ....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  5. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Huddersfield are 19th in the table. No excuses, this is a match we should be winning.
    Huddersfield 0 - 2 Swansea

6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I expect nothing more than a good professional performance 2-0 Swans for me.

7. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

I got last night's score correct (see post 10, match thread), so you must believe me when I say this game ends 2-2 <yikes>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

Thanks Taff.....we will not play as badly as we did last night against the Terriers on Saturday... we will win by two goals

9. Taffvalerowdy

10. Taffvalerowdy

11. Taffvalerowdy

12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

2-1 Swans

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

14. Taffvalerowdy

Think it was printed in Llanelli .... <laugh>

15. Taffvalerowdy

Here is what the Brentford board thinks of our chances tomorrow:

“Swansea travel to Huddersfield. Someone told me that Swansea were lucky to be where they are, and looking at the 538 data you can see why. Their Attack is only rated at 1.3, which is less that Rotherham's (and, for full disclosure, the same as Reading & Barnsley). Their defence however is rock solid and Huddersfield's form is rock bottom with 4 losses and 2 draws. However HTFC have scored 7 in those 6, so you never know I suppose. Maybe they are much better when playing at home. Let's hope so. Swansea given a 42% chance by 538, so more than likely to see them drop points according to that.”

16. Taffvalerowdy

upload_2021-2-19_15-27-30.jpeg

John Brooks will be the man in the middle when Swansea City face Huddersfield in the Championship on Saturday.

The Leicestershire official will take charge of the Swans for the third time this season, having been the handed the whistle for the South Wales derby victory in December and the home draw with Brentford.

Brooks also oversaw last season’s victory over Hull on the opening day of the campaign.

He has refereed in the EFL since the start of the 2016-17 campaign, and has been an assistant referee in the Premier League and at international level.

He will be assisted by Matthew Jones and Akil Howson, while Leigh Doughty is the fourth official.

Victor likes this.
  17. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I’m ****ed if I can make any sense out of that load of bollox.

When Swans are flying likes this.
  18. Taffvalerowdy

Basically, the guy has used some data / statistics from some site. Norwich are apparently 59% certain to beat Rotherham, Watford 52% - they hope that we, as cynical foulers (rotating who kicks their players) will lose ...

When Swans are flying likes this.
  19. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Which " Brentford board " are you referring to ?

Their 606 board is moribund, and is as active as Tan's cheque signing hand. <laugh>

20. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Taffvalerowdy likes this.