1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hughton to Pardew

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Randy712, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy712

Randy712 Member

Newest blog – Hughton to Pardew.
    Read the blog http://the-beautiful-game.org/
    Follow on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/beautifulgame9
    Like on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautifulGame9

---
    It was one of the darkest days of my life watching my beloved Toon be relegated under the stewardship of Alan Shearer at Villa Park in May 09. I shed tears in the thought of the club I love, being banished to the dungeons of the Championship. No more Old Trafford, Anfield or Stadium of Light, but welcoming Barnsley, Plymouth and Doncaster to St James’ Park. Little did I know, from that moment on, Newcastle United was reborn.

Chris Hughton soon took over on a temporary basis, and oversaw the club’s top players leave without any remorse. Michael Owen, Oba Martins, Damien Duff, Habib Beye and many others felt they had little time for the club and parted ways. Hughton, acted in dignity and honour, stabilised a club on the brink of imploding. Despite protests and anger amongst the Geordie natives, Hughton kept his head down, and got the club winning. And eventually, promoted.

Summer 2010, Newcastle were back in the big time, and with the likes of Barton, Nolan and Carroll flourishing, we made a steady start. But then Mike Ashley felt was getting bored. And despite mass protest and all hell breaking loose, Hughton was gone. Replacing him was a man who none felt could do a job – Alan Pardew. It was thought that Pardew only got the job because of his gambling-relations with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias, but that’s a story for another day.

Under much criticism, ‘Pards’ has since taken us to the heady heights of 4th, in contention for the Champions League, all in the space of 18 months. All this with the help of Graham Carr’s scouting nous, Newcastle are playing well, winning games, and upsetting the odds. Even old ‘Arry is getting worried! Whisper it quietly, Mike Ashley may be doing us some good (whether by luck or intention, I don’t know).

Could this be the beginning of a new dawn at Newcastle? Under Pardew’s leadership, the Magpie’s are soaring high. Who would have thought that 2 years ago.

And for the likes of Barnsley, Plymouth and Doncaster in the Championship – you weren’t so bad after all.
    Comments Welcome.

2. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

Great article.

Relegation was really the best thing for us. All the over payed deadwood and complete ****ers ****ed off.

We reformed the team and discovered new talent.

HTL!

3. Randy712

Randy712 Member

Indeed; regardless of the multi-national squad we have, it seems there is a definite 'family' atmosphere at the club. All for one and one for all.

4. Sir Bobby

Sir Bobby Active Member

I like the last line in particular. From 606 I remember all the "enjoy going to Doncaster next season hahahaha" ****e and I did. Wouldn't change that season for a mundane season in the Prem for all the children's toys in China

5. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

I remember the mackems...

In our first 8 games in the CC we drew one game and won 7, as soon as we lost our first game, they were like "hahaha you lost to Blackpool what a laughing stock"

XD

Mackems will never be and never were the best club in the north east. They may once in a while have the better team, but in terms of the club, they aren't.

They had around 25k avg attendance in the championship when they went down. We got 44k avg.

We also took masses of fans away to matches in the CC. I mean we took 7 thousand to ****ing Barnsley away!!!

We will always be the biggest club in the north east and the best.

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Good article mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.