1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City AFC

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Proevotiger, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Proevotiger

Proevotiger Member
    Forum Moderator

I wonder what the club will be like in 5 years time?

After today's news and AA previous comments it's going to be an interesting few years!

2. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

Impossible to say, who'd have predicted where we'd be now 5yrs ago?

3. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

From the almost pitiful display from some of the Yes lot, you'd have thought we'd have fallen through the leagues tonight.

4. Quill

Quill Bastard

We'll be in the Conference.

Because once Allam leaves it is 100% certain we drop like a stone. No chance for anyone to come in and buy us or anything...

Enough people have said this and continued to say it so it must be true.

5. Proevotiger

Proevotiger Member
    Forum Moderator

That's the thing. We just don't know.

5 years ago manucho had just given us a win away at Fulham. Not to the day but pretty close.

Let's hope we have a club. It would be a shame if ctwd went to all that hard work for AA to pull the plug and the club went bust.

Do you think he'd buy us back as a newco?

He could give us a new name then!

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

AA

"We will announce a ballot this week," he said, "and we will challenge the decision. If the FA does not allow our plan, we will walk away, put it on the market to sell the club. We would not put it into liquidation; there is a lot of money at stake. I will get my money when I sell."

7. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

We'll be Hull City in the championship.

Apparently it's either that or Hull Tigers in the premier league.

8. Quill

Quill Bastard

And 5 years before that...

[video=youtube;7MPUBxjfrMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MPUBxjfrMI&list=UU8MRV5E-Bi5qWomGjOF0ZQg[/video]

Looking back it is still ridiculous how far we've come.

9. Hank Scorpio

I heard Hull Tigers in the champions league on facebook.

10. Amin Yapusi

Hard to argue with that.

Hull Tigers is obviously the key to becoming world footballs super heavyweight powerhouse.

11. Mr G. Raff

Mr G. Raff Active Member

I always loved this from 2008 comparing our league position from 10 years before that

CityTables.jpg

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I remember that game specifically because we had a **** load of offsides. We had people running through on goal time after time in the second half but they were all offside. It must have been about 5-6 occasions in total where we would have scored if we'd not been offside.

13. Jules Winfield

Jules Winfield New Member

f**k!
    you're pathetic son... I cant remember anyone saying YES.
    Some people weren't bothered - that was the strongest feelings got.

14. jamesthemonkeh

Back in the 90's the dream was the Premiership, and it seemed light years away.

So the dream now has to be playing Barcelona in Europe.

I will settle for nothing less.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly this.

The sociadad model is the same as that enjoyed by the likes of Barcelona and many other top teams in Europe.

Instead of a season ticket fans buy a membership to the club which enables them to attend every home game, apply for away game tickets and vote at club elections. The principal elections are those of a president and honorary Vice Presidents whose role is mainly ceremonial. The crucial factor is that such people can donate money to the club as a gift (not a loan) during their term in office - typically 5 years. Alternating between presidential elections the board members would be elected democratically as per the president and would enjoy a fixed term of five years deliberately staggered with the president to eliminate cronyism and produce stability of direction. These positions would be professional and given that this would probably be the most exciting project of this nature in the world of football should attract world class individuals with a track record of prior achievement at the level we aspire to safe in the knowledge they would be able to get on with their job free from interference. Ultimately they would be answerable to the members and the elections. Their principal challenge would be to leverage the unique approach (for the premier league) to attract world class commercial revenue and market the club as the 'deliberately different' option from the city famous for having that ethic in our culture. We would become most thinking peoples 'second club'.

With the ability to attract international figures to the president position as a shop window for the very highest level of globally visible philanthropy it should not take long to have a list of suitable candidates.

Annual associate memberships would be available globally for anyone wishing to join the project and buy into the values and ethos of Hull City AFC. For that membership they would get an exclusive item that identifies them as a member and would be informed regularly of progress via exclusive media content only available to members.

Most Sociedad clubs operate a number of sports and sports facilities so the AA vision of a sports village perhaps spread to YPI could see other sports such as squash being promoted under the same umbrella.

With support from the council the club could expand the stadium and offer a 'day member' package to floating fans that do not have voting rights but would be principally aimed at lower incomes and 'tourists' keen to see the project - the first of its kind in the Premier league - for real. With a season limit to the number of games that can be attended via this model and the lure of voting rights members will have enough to differentiate what they are getting for their extra money.

The projects timescales should of course be aligned to our city of culture celebrations.

AA's legacy would be forever assured and the club would have to negotiate with Allamhouse for the size of the 'gift' given to get us to this point (debt written off) and payback terms for the rest.

With a sociadad model every player would know that essentially they would be playing for the fans and every member would and could expect players to give their all for the shirt.

16. Hank Scorpio

You're acting more like the gimp than Jules.

Do you know what they call a 1/4 pounder with cheese in Paris?

17. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

I've done some research into this model and it works practically every club in every sport it's employed. Massive windfall if employed correctly

18. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

How much money is generally raised by these fan memberships? Are there examples of clubs that were similar sizes to us and have now moved forward?

19. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

In this country there hasn't been a resounding success in association football where fans have invested in the club, thus excluding Swansea as their share was donated by the owner. Most of the clubs are lower league and are 'Phoenix' clubs like AFC Wimbledon and FC United of Manchester. Sociedad are probably the best example for a club relative to our size. I genuinely believe that in Hull it could work with the right incentives as we have a wide 'catchment' area and it would be interesting to see a club like hull doing it.

To answer another question the most successful example is the NFL team Green Bay Packers

20. Amin Yapusi

Fan ownership wouldn't work in England, unless the fans took over an already profitable club, in which case it would have to be a very rich group of fans in order to afford the sale.

English football is too much money, most clubs have to take a calculated risk to earn success, you have to put a bit of cash in yourself, make a loss for a year or two maybe and hope for the best. Like Allam did with us last season, I'm not sure of the figures exactly, but I think it was around £10-15m he put in, towards player purchases, wages and getting Steve Bruce here, he took a gamble and it paid off instantly.

Unless we have some particularly loaded supporters with a keen interest, which I don't believe we do, we wouldn't have that sort of money to stick in to compete. This season in the premier league all our tv money and whatever prize money has already been eaten up, Allam has had to gamble again and put more in to cover the deficit, and really we're only just competitive at this level.

Once a club is established and doesn't require constant heavy investment, then yes the fans could take over and probably make a good job of it, but like I said at the start finding a group of fans with the money to afford to buy a club in that position just ain't gonna happen.

We've no stadium to borrow against to take the gamble with investment, no adequate youth facilities to bring through our own players and achieve success through hard work, it would just never work.