1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City skill school (What happend to them?)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Febbos, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

Remember watching this video on youtube for 2-3 years ago. Would be fun to know what happend to some of them. It is kinda hard to recognize them, but I could spot Cairney (Left) and Devitt (In the middle).

What happend to the rest of them? Where are Simpson and Leonard playing today (if they still do)?
    And who is the fella at 1:44 with the "underpants"? :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Leonard went non league to Eastwood Town, but he's not listed as a current player with them, so I assume he's been released.

I don't think Simmo was Simpson, wasn't he called Simmons? (no idea what happened to him)

Many of our youth team are in that clip, Cooper(Joe), Bradley, etc......

3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I recall there being a Liam Simpson, I'm not sure where he ended up but he joined the academy at the same time as Liam Cooper. I know that Ben Hallam wound up at North Ferriby. Darragh Satelle, who joined in our first season in the football league is also in that video, but after he went to the U-17 championships, he kinda disappeared. Incidentally, check out Gavan Holohans missus. If that isn't potential, I don't know what is!

4. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

TommyTiger I know her as I went to school with her.

5. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Think the lad in the pants is Ben Wilkinson.....

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I stand corrected, that lad is indeed Liam Simpson, but I can't find any record of where he ended up.

I remember someone involved in the youth team at the time telling me that these lads were far better at tricks than they were at playing football, which is probably why I can't find where they are now.

I've never seen Gavan Holohan's missus, she might be a bit of talent, but at least he is too......

7. Liam Roseniors Hair Stylist

i went to school with jono (Leonard), last i spoke to him he was playing for mansfield town, now this may be incorrect because i hardly keep in touch with him no more. only really hanged out when he lived in hull and was at hull, for obvious reasons but when he moved about i wasnt gonna go browny nosing him and follow. it was him though that introduced me to bullard in town and it was that night i was put off by him forever, hes a tool, druggie and etc... once leonard moved i just said best of luck and now i couldnt really tell you apart from last i heard it was mansfield town.

8. Tiger_Scully

Tiger_Scully Member

The fella dropping his pants is Joe lamplough, went to Mansfield i believe

9. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Being good at keepy uppy isn't the same as being good at football. I remember John Barnes being gobsmacked by how good the kids on the Copacabana were at it. Barnes could only manage a few kicks.