1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City Southern Supporters

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by RichardG, Jul 14, 2016.

1. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to alert you all the the existence of Hull City Southern Supporters. The HCSS is an independent organisation for Tigers supporters in the south of England and across the globe. We organise various social events around games, help organise travel and tickets, you get our fanzine, travel guide and monthly newsletter and we sometimes provide you with free sandwiches, all for a mere £6 a season (free for under 16s). We also have a Sunday League football team and various other opportunities for anyone keen to play football or pool. So if you fancy joining, just go here: http://www.hcss.org.uk/join/

Hope you all enjoy the forthcoming season.

Richard Gardham
    Chairman

2. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I was in London when we played the Derby playoff home leg and watched it in the pub with the HCSS lot. Was a good night.

RichardG and Kempton like this.
  4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Concessions - free? That was so last year.

Hear you're a good bunch.

If you're Southern - sign up!!

RichardG likes this.
  5. RichardG

If you're in the vicinity again for an evening TV game, let us know PLT. (Or maybe you did, and just didn't introduce yourself as PLT.) Anyway, if any City fan finds themselves in London when there's a televised game on, there's a strong chance there'll be a HCSS gathering somewhere - usually the Spread Eagle near Bond Street tube - and all comers are very welcome.

Oh - and thanks Cheshire Ben.

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I did speak to a couple of guys and we mentioned not606 and the fact I was PLT briefly. One of them was some kind of actor or film director or something?

7. RichardG

That could be any one of us. You know what luvvies we all are in London. (It could have been Roy North or Mark Herman, both HCSS members, or someone else who I'm unaware of). Sorry I missed you anyway.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

And therein lies the difference.

Not606 was mentioned and once it was revealed that you was PLT it was discussed briefly.

If the mighty CG had been revealed as being amongst them all hell would have broken loose.

I'd have been hoisted on their shoulders and paraded around Old London Town like a returning King fresh from battle or a crusade to the holy land.

Children would be crying, women would be hoying their Alan Wickers at me and time would literally stand still.

FACT.

dennisboothstash, Happy Tiger and PLT like this.
  9. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

Used to be member in the early 80s when I lived in London,happy memories , especially the 5-4 win at Orient.Is Rob who had the pub/brewery still a member.?

10. AlRawdah

He is.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Don't think it was either of those. I'd have remembered if it was Mark Herman.

12. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

13. RichardG

Just a quick note to remind everyone that the Hull City Southern Supporters are now open for members for the coming season. Just visit http://www.hcss.org.uk/join/ and shell out £6 to join. For that you get to use our ticketing service, our pub/travel guide, you can attend our showings of TV games, you get our old-school fanzine, you can join our football team, you get travel notifications for games, and a monthly newsletter. We provide sandwiches at some things too. Free sandwiches. The best kind of sandwiches.

Also, should anyone be interested, our AGM is being held tonight (July 5th) at 7.30pm at the Spread Eagle pub (upstairs) on Woodstock Street near Bond Street tube station (W1C 2AD). New members and prospective committee members will be most welcome.

Richard Gardham
    Chairman

14. RichardG

Just a quick note to inform anyone who might be interested that the HCSS AGM will be held next Thursday (July 5th) at 7pm at the Spread Eagle pub (upstairs) on Woodstock Street near Bond Street tube station (W1C 2AD). We'll provide some sort of food and will be discussing various things for next season, including who our next Committee's Choice inductee into the HCSS Hall of Fame should be. Anyone is welcome, and don't worry, you won't be press-ganged into taking a committee role or anything like that (unless you want to).

We're now taking members for next season too. Just visit http://www.hcss.org.uk/join/ and shell out £6 to join (seniors and under 16s are free, and there are concessions for youth members). You can also take up the a three-year membership option now too. Members can use our ticketing service, will receive our pub/travel guide, can attend our showings of TV games, receive our annual fanzine, get travel notifications for games, as well as a monthly e-newsletter. There's other stuff as well.

BrisbaneTiger and swftiger like this.
  15. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I noticed your AGM being mentioned on social media somewhere. I obviously didn’t read it properly though because I wondered why the southern supporters were all coming to Hull for a meeting on Woodock Street <doh>

RichardG likes this.
  16. AlRawdah

Erm, seniors memberships aren’t free, Mr Chairman.

Cracking value? Yes. Discounted rates available? Abso-bloody-lutely. Free? Nope.

RichardG likes this.
  17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I fear a ku de Ta is coming.

RichardG likes this.
  18. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

It’ll turn nasty.

I don’t know whether I should pick a side now or wait a little longer.

RichardG likes this.
  19. RichardG

Just your annual reminder that the Hull City Southern Supporters group is a thing and currently looking for new members/old members to renew. Membership is £6 a season with various concessions for the young and not-so-young. It's a bit cheaper is you take out a long-term subscription. For your money you get:

- Our annual paper fanzine, Tigers Eye (the first and longest running City fanzine).
    - Our travel/pre-match pub guide.
    - A monthly e-newsletter filling you in on all things HCSS-related.
    - Various social opportunities including match-screenings for midweek televised games.
    - Ticket and travel assistance.
    - A pool team.
    - Other stuff I can't quite remember.

Oh - we have a fantasy football league too if you fancy joining. The details are:
    Name: HCSS Fantasy Football League
    Code: tytczp

20. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

You're just waiting for the free sandwiches, admit it

RichardG likes this.