1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Birmingham

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It’s mad Friday innit tomorrow so I’m doing this early.
    Pick the bones out of that Des
    F8A610A2-0948-41B5-B0B4-342C413CF86B.png

Got to win this one boys.
    And we will 4-1

Des Head likes this.
  2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

WTF is this?!

Half arsed Christmas mumble

Lose 1-2 btw

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Tennis was invented in Birmingham.

It has the largest area of jewellery shops in Europe.

It’s the birthplace of heavy metal music.

It has the largest public library in Europe.

It's home to the world’s longest-running serialised radio show, The Archers.

The city’s St Patrick’s Day parade is the biggest in the world, behind New York and Dublin. and has the largest Irish population in the UK, and is home to the UK’s only Irish Quarter. (Surely Belfast might argue that one?)

Birmingham is the youngest city in Europe – almost 40% of its population is aged under 25.

The postage stamp was invented in 1839 by Birmingham schoolteacher Rowland Hill, who also established the first modern postal system in Britain.

The plaster cast for broken bones was invented by Birmingham chemist Thomas Allcock in 1854.

In the 1800s, Birmingham was considered to be the centre of the world’s gun manufacturing industry. By 1865, nearly 10,000 people were employed in the city’s gun industry in Birmingham’s Gun Quarter. One of these gunmakers, the BSA – Birmingham Small Arms Company – later became the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world for a time.

Birmingham Hippodrome has the highest footfall of all the theatres in the UK.

The city’s “Brum” nickname has its origins in the city’s former name, Brummagem.

Birmingham City Council is the largest local authority in Europe.

HGS66 and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  4. Quill

Quill Bastard

Hull City quattro-zero.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  5. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

birmingham is the worst place in the world i would ever want to live
    not sure what it is
    but birmingham really is the worst place in the uk
    im grateful this christmas i'm not from birmingham
    the worst place and the worst accents in the world
    holy **** birmingham is ****
    ps. peaky blinders is ****e
    and **** anyone who copies that style, embarrassing

6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The Watt Steam Engine was invented in Birmingham.

Birmingham has an intricate canal system that dates back to the Industrial Revolution in which they were used to transport coal, iron and other heavy goods. This played a huge role in Birmingham’s development as a city and the 35 mile canal system within Birmingham itself dwarfs the 26 miles of canal that Venice has to offer. An interesting fact is that the entire Birmingham canal navigations make up 100 miles in total- that’s nearly as long as the distance from Birmingham to London!

Birmingham has had many pioneering heavy metal bands which include Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and half of Led Zeppelin having come from the city. Other famous musical groups and artists from Birmingham include Duran Duran, Electric Light Orchestra and Dexys Midnight Runners.

Many famous British writers and authors were born, raised or lived in Birmingham. Arthur Conan Doyle, famous for the Sherlock Holmes novels, worked in the Aston area of Birmingham. Poet W.H. Auden grew up there as did award winning playwright David Edgar. J.R.R Tolkien was brought up in Birmingham and several city locations inspired places in the Lord of the Rings trilogy- the books two towers were apparently based on the water works building at Edgbaston in Birmingham.

There are 571 parks in Birmingham- more than any other European city- totalling over 3,500 hectares of public open space. Sutton Park is the largest urban park in Europe and has a National Nature Reserve.

Cadbury’s is a British institution, being recognised as the maker of the countries favourite confectionary including the iconic Dairy Milk chocolate bar. This all originated in Birmingham as John Cadbury began selling tea, coffee and drinking chocolate in Bull Street Birmingham in the early 19th century. In 1854, the Cadbury brothers received a Royal Warrant as manufacturers of chocolate and cocoa to Queen Victoria.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  7. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

If you went into an estate agent in Birmingham and asked ''where are the good areas' they'd reply 'there aren't any' - never was the song ' you're going back to your ****hole' more appropriate than in the case of Birmingham

8. dennisboothstash

I like Birmingham, fine example of how a City Centre can be improved by thoughtful planning of the public realm.

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

It's ****. I've a good mate from Birmingham, he's a really top bloke.

He lives in Hull.

10. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Need to defend set pieces well for this one, watched them last week against West Brom and they looked a right threat on corners/ free kicks ect. Two big home games in a few days, Enjoy

11. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

You missed out the best band, in my opinion anyway, to come out of Birmingham, the PSpencer Davis Group with the brilliant Steve Winwood.

spesupersydera and Kempton like this.
  12. Barchullona

Worked in Birmingham in late 1960s for a while. It was a dump then. Ow it has a shinier centre. Shinier but soulless.
    Had worst pint I have ever had in Birmingham, Brew Xl, which made the dire Brew X seem like nectar. Funny place, went to a packed pub where the beer was shut and over priced, two doors away was a pub that was empty with far better beer and at least a third less. The time there was improved by someone at work showing me a bar which sold proper scrumpy. Apparently such was the level of mayhem caused by people who had been swilling it the police and licensing authorities had its sale stopped.

13. Quill

Quill Bastard

Birmingham isn't the worst place in the UK purely based on it giving us Black Sabbath.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  14. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Birmingham was the first "big" city I visited. I was 18.
    I was impressed then.
    I have visited dozens of bigger cities since, but you never forget your first one.

15. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Correctafuckingmundosa <ok>

16. Barchullona

Correct apart from not noticing the unnecessary P at the beginning of the name.<laugh>

Kempton likes this.
  17. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Did they cover
    PS I Love You?

Dr. Stanley likes this.
  18. Barchullona

You’re on form today. For you.

when it came out always thought PS, I Love You , the B side,was better than the A side Love Me Do. Looking back it gave a better indication with its lyrics and harmonies of what the Beatles were capable of.

Kempton likes this.
  19. dennisboothstash

I’m not sure I’d describe it as soulless, or no more soulless than most city centres anyway.
    I like the length of pedestrian areas from train station right to shopping and civic areas and canal side restaurants and large venues.
    It all feels connected to me.
    I agree there’s some odd pubs, and good ones too if a bit pricy, but they’re well used early evening particularly by people straight after work.

20. AmalCarb

AmalCarb Well-Known Member

Loyal and passionate support follow Birmingham.

You know it’s true...

Allams OUT