1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 27, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2021.
  1. City win

32.8%
  2. Draw

31.3%
  3. Bourne Supremacy

35.9%
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Saturday 3pm. I really hope Mcann is going to do something different tomorrow. Bournemouth are a big strong powerful side.

Hull's campaign started with such hope with their opening day win but it's been downhill since then with goals severely lacking along with results; that makes them look agonisingly at the treatment room where Mallik Wilks finds himself – he bagged 19 as the Tigers won promotion last season. For Bournemouth, their league form has been good and they look a decent outfit under Parker's tutelage. The manner of their 6-0 League Cup loss will upset him a lot but they do have Gary Cahill to come in at the back; he'll be a quality addition at Championship level and might make his debut at the weekend providing he can prove his fitness.

Time to pick your team and formation.
    I’m usually pretty positive with city. But I’d take a draw right now to halt the slide.
    City 1-1

2. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

See I am the only one with an unemotional vote (so far).

Once again hoping I am wrong.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Brownsea Island a Dorset nature reserve, is the place that Scouting was started in 1907 by Lord Baden-Powell.

Actress Amanda Holden once rode around Bournemouth naked on a motorbike after being dared £20 by friends. After whizzing round the block she shouted 'say no to crack' at a security guard.

The Celtic translation for “Dorseteschire” means “the place of fisticuffs”.

After Liverpool and London, Bournemouth is the UK town where the Beatles played the most concerts and their cover for their second album With the Beatles was a photograph taken at the Palace Court hotel in 1963.

Tony Hancock (1924-68) gave his first comedy performances in Bournemouth, as his father was a hotelier at the Durlston Court Hotel (today's Hotel Celebrity), in Gervis Road. .

Bournemouth July 12, 1910 saw the aviation pioneer Charles Rolls die in a horrific crash. The co-founder of Rolls Royce became the first British man to die in an aircraft crash.

Bournemouth doesn't have a High Street. In fact, there is only one 'street' in Bournemouth - Orchard Street as the locals did not like the suffix 'street' due to its working-class connotations.

The first arrests in the Great Train Robbery investigation were made in Tweedale Road, off Castle Lane West, Bournemouth.

In 1892 18-year-old Winston Churchill fell from a bridge in Bournemouth. After falling 29 feet he was unconscious for three days and his injuries left him bedridden for three months.

In 1940, Labour leader Clement Attlee made a historic phone call from the Highcliff Hotel in Bournemouth which ensured that Winston Churchill would be Prime Minister.

Bournemouth Pier has the world's first and only pier-to-shore zipline

Bournemouth Mayor Merton Russell-Cotes is said to have received his knighthood for his discretion when King Edward VII regularly visited the Russell-Cotes with his famous mistress, Lily Langtry

In 1909, Bournemouth became the first place in the UK to have purpose-built beach huts.

The oldest post box in England (and still in use today) can be found in Holwell, a picturesque village in Dorset.

In 2011, a beach hut in Bournemouth became the first in England and Wales to be allowed to hold weddings and civil partnerships.

The most bendy road in Britain is located in Dorset; a 1.5km stretch at Cann Common.

There are only 5 counties in England that don’t have a motorway, and Dorset is included in that illustrious list.

Fisherman's Walk Cliff Lift in Southbourne made it into the 2015 Guinness World Records as the world's shortest funicular railway.

Mary Shelley, best known for her novel Frankenstein, is buried at St Peter's Church in Bournemouth along with her parents, who were feminist author Mary Wollstonecraft and philosopher and journalist William Godwin. Her husband, English poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, drowned in a boating accident in the Gulf of Spezia in 1822 and his cremated remains were buried in Rome.However, it is said that his heart refused to burn, and was snatched out of the pyre by a friend, who gave it to his widow. The remains of the heart were later interred in the family plot at St Peter's Church.

In 2011, Bournemouth gained the record for the most people to shower simultaneously at a single venue. 152 men and women gathered under a huge shower that had been specially built on the beach.

In Bournemouth's 116 year history, they have played in or below the third tier for all but five years. (From April 2015)

Bournemouth were Harry Redknapp's first club as a manager. He took charge of them for nine years, overseeing 464 games - the most he has managed any team.

Jermain Defoe made 31 loan appearances for Bournemouth, scoring 19 goals.

Rio Ferdinand also wore the Bournemouth shirt, playing 11 times for them on loan from West Ham.

Bournemouth has historically been such a popular retirement town that births didn't exceed deaths until 2007.

The first mention of the town was in 1406, when a monk described how an 18-foot-long fish washed up on the beach at "La Bournemowthe."

Businessman Lewis Tregonwell visited the beach at Bournemouth with his wife in 1810. She loved it so much that she wanted to live there, so Tregonwell built a house on the 8-and-a-half acres he purchased. It was the only house in Bournemouth for the next 27 years, until a settlement began in 1837.

4. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Id like Huddlestone to start , try get 60 minutes out of him, bring a bit of composure and try keep the ball a bit and not involve the advertising boards as much in our attacks.

whoever plays alongside him in midfield, needs to get there arse forward and get in the box to support Magennis. didnt see Fulham but against Derby we were far too slow to get runners up and get people in the box

5. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Only because I hadn't logged on yet!

0-2

Hope I'm wrong too

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You mean you log off??
    No commitment

7. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Time to turn the corner.I expect a no-nonsense,swashbuckling,all out attack City to grab the 3 points on offer....3-1 UTT!!

Real ale tiger likes this.
  8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

At the moment I would be happy with a draw, just to stop the rot. I would also start Tom H, as we need some control in midfield and better to try not to concede and control the game rather than have to chase it.

9. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

For some reason, I fancy us to win this, if we can get the attacking ability from the QPR game & the defensive ability from the second half of the Fulham game, then I think we’ll do them.
    I know they just got battered 6-0 at Norwich, which will undoubtedly fire them up, but I see they’re there for the taking, trying to adjust to a new league, get new players in. Cahill will be need to be got at with pace, the thing we didn’t do against Derby.
    Also last week they threw a 2-0 lead away against Blackpool, so they’re not having the best of times.
    The problem we have though, if we lose, it could be 5 or 6.

10. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Still seething from the Full Members/ Windscreen Wipers/Autoglass Trophy Final defeat at Boothferry Park.
    We should remind them from the kick off that they are no longer the darlings and everyone'd favourite second Premier League team. That's the pub fans not real ones who actually go to games.
    Hardworking, give 'em nowt, in their faces, scruffy 1-0 win. The 'You've Had a day out now....'
    And I don't like Cahil.

11. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Even worse was the fact the season after the finals were played at Wembley. In those days a final at Wembley would have seen thousands venturing out of the woodwork (a bit like 1980 when thousands attended their first and last rugby league game) and it might have resulted in them deciding to go to more City games.

TwoWrights likes this.
  12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Huddlestone's on the cover of the programme tomorrow, hopefully it's a sign.

13. Tickton Tiger.

Spot on. Was it Chelsea v Man City in the Final the following year and played at Wembley ?
    Harry Rednapps first ever trophy too.
    Side note, don't know if anyone ever goes on 'Football Away Days' site ? Arguing on there about Hull being a rugby town. Unbelievable selective memories these RL fans have, even on a football site.

14. Barchullona

Hull and East Riding the largest FA District. Hull Sunday League the largest in the country. About a dozen junior football teams for ever RL one. Similar at adult level. Bars packed for England internationals. Also packed for European and PL games. Packed (unfortunately) for Man .urd, Liverpool and other big clubs games). How many are in pubs watching Wigan v St Helens or other games not involving FC or Rovers? Hull is a football city. But the sad fact is not as many support city as they should. Look how many support one of the rugby clubs and have an adopted big football club they have no connection with. If Hull hadn't being behind the curve and had 2 clubs in the RL before having one in the Football League and we were a one club city like those of a similar size things would be different. The only other city that had 2 clubs in the RL before they had a Football League club was Leeds, where the biggest attendance for a derby was 54,000 compared to 28,000 in Hull. Leeds RL club has won far more major trophies than FC and Rovers combined and got larger crowds than either of them but no one in Leeds suggests that it is a rugby city. Too many people in Hull have an insular, parochial view of things.

15. Tickton Tiger.

Your telling the converted matey. The Football Away Days facebook site has people taking the piss out of Hull and City whilst claiming Hull is a rugby town ( City are described as a tinpot club with, along with Reading, the worst fans in the country) The evidence used is the world famous Hull derby last week attracted more then City v Derby in the same week.
    I know it's click bait and wind up's but we've had this now for nearly 50 years.

Phinius T Bookbinder likes this.
  16. PUDSEYTIGER2ND

PUDSEYTIGER2ND Well-Known Member

Just as a matter of interest, how many did the world's greatest derby (sky's word's not mine) attract, as I've been unable to find the official attendance listed anywhere, watched the last 15mins of it , with sky banging on about it being a sell out, yet they was plenty of empty seats all around the stadium.

17. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Strangely they may have got a wee bit of confidence after the second half of the Fulham game .. be nice to score first save us having to come back again, but having said that be nice for us to score ! For me if Alfie is fit I'd keep the defence as it was and get him in to help Doc out in the midfield .. nowt against Smallwood but I just thing he has more legs, not gonna be easy would be happy with a point tbh to arrest the recent slide, but I do foresee another narrow defeat .. oh how I hope they prove me wrong.

18. Barchullona

It didn't even sell out the lower bowl. It is a fair assumption that Wigan v St Helens on the Friday night attracted more. And had a larger TV audience.

19. Barchullona

Look at the HDM website. At the top of the page everyday there is rugby league news. Not about the local teams but aboutother clubs, their transfers and news of clubs in Australiz that 995 of people are unaware of. Far more would be interested in football news. I am not bothered about football news concerning non City matters but a lot would be. Another example of the local media obsession with RL. Does Gollum engage in a brainwashing exercise with any new arrivals in Hull?

20. Tickton Tiger.

Its not SKY banging on about how fantastic RL is it's the commentators on SKY who's jobs are in danger if SKY pulls the plug, as they threatened too last month.
    SKY told the RL to gets its act together or they would lose the contract. By that SKY cannot be getting the audiences for RL. I'd guess women's football is a real threat to RL on SKY because it is more popular and increasing in popularity all the time, I'd also guess it is cheaper to cover.
    There was a report published last month mainly about how to make RL more popular 'over soccer'.
    In it it was the need to build games up more, create the tension, the rivalry, the game itself, the atmosphere, in fact everything they have been doing on RH for years. No other city in England has this type of hyped up competition for supporters then we have here in Hull.