1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Jak or Marshall? Jak or Marshall? Not that important to me. The worry is who plays RB. To go 3 at the back would be a disaster and would just push our most attacking threat back to RB as it would end up 5 at the back.
    Just go out and have a go. We sat back against Arsenal and Liverpool and got our arses handed to us. Forget the sendings off. We never got out of our half, especially against Pool.

I'd bring Harry in and push Jake to RB. Hudd needs keeping out of the firing line. He shouldnt have played last week, I made that clear in the MDT. Same with this game. Either play Meyler and battle them or play Henricksen and really have a go.
    Mbokani is a no brainer as he should have been last week. Never ask a player to do a job he cant do. Abel play up top on your own and hold the ball up. GTF Never gonna happen.

There is nothing to lose. Sit back and let Chelsea get some confidence and beat us or go after them and make them crack. Ivanovich has been a great player but his legs have gone. Get at Cahill we've all seen the mistakes. Same with Sideshow Bob. Put pressure on them and they'll crack. Stand off them and they'll pick us off.
    Attack.

Marshupovic

Jake Maguire Davies Robertson

Clucas
    Mason Henricksen
    Snodgrass

Mbokani Hernandez

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Oh and if Diomande is in the starting line up. I will start the Phelan Out chant.

Carmine Galante. likes this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

Courtesy of Dutch

Chelsea were the first club to play with numbered shirts - on 25 August 1928 in their match against Welsh side Swansea City.

Chelsea became the first British side to field an entirely foreign starting line-up in a Premier League match - against Southampton in December 1999.

In 2004/05, every player that appeared in the Premiership up to Chelsea winning the league at Bolton on April 30, 2005 was an international (35 games). A club record at the time.

In 2010/11, Gael Kakuta (Aston Villa h) and Josh McEachran (Newcastle h) were the only players to start a league game who were not full internationals.

In 2013/14 every player to start every first team game (57) was a full international.

John Terry is unlikely to play. This, of course, will make no difference whatsoever to his kit preparation.

Gus Mears acquired Stamford Bridge stadium in 1904 and wanted to turn it into a football ground. The team was founded on 10 March 1905 at The Rising Sun pub (now The Butcher's Hook) At this stage they had a pensioners crest and were subsequently nicknamed "The Pensioners".

Chelsea were one of four new teams to join the Football League, the other three being Hull City, Leeds City andClapton Orient

Chelsea played their first ever home league match against newly elected Hull City, the Blues romped to a 5-1 win, despite the Tigers taking an early lead through Peter Howe in the 5th minute and winning a penalty, which was taken by player-manager Ambrose Langley only for it to be saved by Foulke. David Copeland grabbed a brace with goals in the 15th and 40th minutes to give Chelsea a half-time lead, with Jimmy Windridge scoring Chelsea's first ever league hat-trick in the second half to seal the win.

First English side to travel by aeroplane to a domestic away match19 April 1957

First First Division side to play a match on a Sunday27 January 1974

Only team in England to have more head to head wins than losses against Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United.

In 1915, when Chelsea finished 19th in Division One, everyone, including the players, believed the club had been relegated (they were a point and a place away from safety). However, someone named 'Football King' sent a letter to all the leading newspapers, wherein it was revealed that during Easter of the previous year, there was a match-fixing involving Liverpool and Manchester United. After an FA hearing proved that the allegation was indeed true, Manchester United (who were 18th in the table) were docked two points, thereby ensuring Chelsea did not get relegated.

Bob Thomson, a striker, who had been signed from Croydon Common in 1911, was visually impaired in one eye. It is said that when David Calderhead, the manager, had asked Bob how does he deal with a ball that approaches him from the 'blind side', he had famously replied, "I just shut the other eye - and play from memory."

Chelsea's former owner Ken Bates bought the club in 1982 for 1 pound and sold it to Roman Abramovich in a deal worth £140m ($233m) in 2003, which was the biggest takeover in British football history.

Chelsea’s second goal in the 3-1 win against Leicester at Stamford Bridge on 18 December 1954 was officially recorded as a ‘Froggatt and Milburn shared own-goal’ and the only joint own-goal in English professional football.

Played against the same team seven times in one season. Burnley in 1955/56 (2 league, 5 FA Cup)

tigerscanada likes this.
  4. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Chazz said...."There is nothing to lose. Sit back and let Chelsea get some confidence and beat us or go after them and make them crack. Ivanovich has been a great player but his legs have gone. Get at Cahill we've all seen the mistakes. Same with Sideshow Bob. Put pressure on them and they'll crack. Stand off them and they'll pick us off.
    Attack."

Spot on Chazz. Chelsea are definitely beatable on current form. Cahill is slow and has been making mistakes. Their defense looks vulnerable. Get at them with two up top and put the pressure on. I'd prefer Jak in goal and Meyler at RB with Jake instead of Harry alongside Curtis. But we can't afford to sit back like at Liverpool. Get an early goal and keep pressing and we could have three points.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  5. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

that team apart from maguire
    dont start him

6. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Def have a go. I will be well pissed off if we dont have 2 up front. If we try contain then its a defeat They have been far from great this season. Its time to get that Premiership win against Chelsea

CANADATIGER likes this.
  7. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Far too much optimism being shown here - Chelsea, despite being in a poor run of form, will probably still have far too much of everything for us ........ it'll be a result if we can keep it under three. Key fixtures against B'mouth, Stoke, S'land, WB & 'boro in the coming weeks will define our season. This ones the last of our ''free hits'' for awhile.

Kempton likes this.
  8. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Doubt there will be a change of formation. Meyler in for Elmo, Livermore into defensive midfield with Clucas, Mason in the left side attacking midfield role for Diomande. Hope Mason likes running.

I'll snap your hand off for a draw this instant.

9. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

Correct. Honestly, what can we hope to achieve against teams from which any of their starting XI would walk straight into our XI, but nobody from our team would get a sniff at theirs. We do have players of equivalent and better quality than B'mouth, Stoke, S'land, etc. however, so we have a good chance of staying up this season.

10. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

11. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Hopefully we'll give 'em a game and we won't roll over - as AlR says, a draw would be a great result.

bobby ace likes this.
  12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Not a bad shout Chazz, but I can't see them going with Jake at right back. I think he will go with the following.

Marshall

Meyler Jake Curtis Robbo.

Mason Clucas Henriksen

Snodders Mbokani Hernandez

Red top reader likes this.
  13. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Pity Terry's out - he'd have been a good target for Bob

14. Chazz Rheinhold

Can't agree John. Meylers good for scrapping and harrying in the middle of the park. At RB he's going to be up against Hazard jinxing turning and diving.
    Jakes got more chance shackling him. Obviously Odubajo would have been ideal but...

15. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Right.

Chelsea are not a free ****ing hit. They're there for the taking. All it needs is some ****ing balls from Phelan to pick our best, and attacking side. It means not conceding an hour before kick off.

Chazz's team for a start would work, with Marshall in goal. I cba with sentiment, Jak's on the bench.Dio had better not start. Nor Tom.

If we play them our way, and get the **** into them, it'll be a bloodbath.

Regulation 4-0. Nailed. On.

16. Chazz Rheinhold

First game in the last 82 PL games that Elmo has missed today!! That's some record.

17. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I didn't say that is what I would do, I said I think that is what MP will go for. I know you don't agree, but I would go with 353, as at the moment that suits the players we have available. I would go with:

Marshall
    Livermore Davies McGuire
    Snodders - Mason - Clucas - Meyler or Henrikson- Roberson
    Mbokani Hernandez

18. Chazz Rheinhold

They cut us apart last time when we did 3 at the back. Brucey switched to ma flat back four and we had a good go at them. With your formation they'd stick hazard wide n high on the left and force Snodgrass backwards to mark him.imho

19. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I shall miss this as I'm sat on a beach, and it's bloody boiling

Happy with Chazz's team, although I might stay with Jake at centre back, Meyler at RB

Get into their faces...nothing to lose

20. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

With Hazard, I am sure MP will have done his homework, you have to stop him cutting inside onto his right foot, as that is when he is the most dangerous. That's why I would put Meyler next to Snodders, they can double up on him when in defensive mode.