1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Leicester City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 6, 2020.

?

Predict the reault

1. Hull city win

2. Leicester win

3. Draw and we win on pens

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You write garbage and I’ll pull you up on it

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

GRANT MCCANN ADMITTED HE WAS GUTTED FOR HIS YOUNG HULL CITY SIDE AS A HARSH, LATE PENALTY SAW THEM LOSE 2-1 TO LEICESTER CITY UNDER-21S IN THEIR OPENING EFL TROPHY NORTHERN GROUP H GAME ON TUESDAY NIGHT.
    Keane Lewis-Potter was on target for the Tigers, cancelling out a Callum Wright opener in the second half, but the Foxes snatched the win with a controversial penalty deep into added time.

“I didn’t think we were great in the first half, but in the second half I thought we got to grips with the game better and looked a bit more threatening,” said McCann.

“The most pleasing thing really is that a lot of boys have made their first appearance for the Club tonight and there were some very good performances, particularly from Callum Jones who I thought was excellent throughout. He’s been around the group for a while now. He’s got aggression and a bit of a bite about him but he can handle the ball, too. He’s a good young player and we’re pleased with his performance tonight.

“It was pleasing to see Keane get the goal tonight. It was a great ball in from Billy Chadwick and I thought he was impressive when he came on. He’s a Hull boy who has been at the Club a long time and it was great for him to set the goal up.

“I’m gutted for the team to lose in the fashion that they did. It was a very soft penalty and a decision that left us bemused. The second half was a much improved performance from us and we didn’t deserve to lose the game in that manner.”

3. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I dare say nobody on here minds being challenged if others disagree with comments. The issues are your resorting to crude, childish insults, and acting like it's only your opinion that matters.

Anal Frank Fingers likes this.
  4. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Although I’m not bothered about cups in general this season, we just have to stop the rot & start winning, not only that, but getting possession & shots stats up. Yes, possession isn’t what wins games, but it certainly helps, & shots on target will eventually lead to goals.
    So I read the HDM piece with McCsnt saying he wants to have a go, I look at our team & it’s kids. Ok, gives them a chance, obviously first team needed for Saturday, but why didn’t he just come out & say that it was going to be kids?
    It’s just more bullshit from this idiot, I haven’t heard any post match interviews, but I’m guessing it’s the usual rubbish, of, we’ll be ready for Saturday, some people will be on the bench, we worked hard in training....blah, blah. It’d just be nice if he said beforehand what he was going to do, for those people who were paying £10 or £7!

5. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

Festus Arthur was too deep and played their man onside for the first goal. In general, though, he was good defensively but has a lot to learn about playing out from the back. Looks like he needs maybe a season out on loan in L2. Not so Greaves, he looks ready although struggled in the air against Hirst. As others have said, the Jones boys were excellent particularly Callum. I'd like to see him get a couple of sub cameos because he could easily be a better option than Honeyman (on account of being able to consistently control the ball and pass to a teammate). I don't suppose McCann is ever going to start KLP in the midlle, even though he looks the right option given the alternatives.

StubbDave and Jackthecap like this.
  6. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

The system that daft lad plays doesn't suit KLP in my humble opinion.. he is way to lightweight to play the central role on his own .. the sad part is that all of our central strikers would benefit playing alongside a partner but this 433 system doesn't allow for it so basically we dont see how good any of them possibly could be !

7. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

Agree completely on this. Even that lump of wood Tom Eaves would be improved if he had someone like KLP playing off him.

8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Super goal by KLP, and what a great ball by Billy Chadwick. Nice to see players who are used to playing with each other know exactly where to put the ball.

I wonder if Terry has ever thought of that? Nah.

Jackthecap likes this.
  9. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

You don't need to be strong to play a central role if you're quick and have good control (provided the team isn't just lumping it airborne at every opportunity). Strength only matters when defenders get close enough to muscle an attacker off the ball, the trick is to move quickly into space, take good first touch, then move the ball on before the defender gets a chance to throw their weight about. It won't always work with L1 midfielders but a) KLP being infinitely more likely to convert any chances and b) the present system not producing goals without Grosicki/Bowen, means it would be worth trying (IMNSHO).

Jackthecap likes this.
  10. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

It's going to be interesting to see how many of the youngsters have played themselves into contention (or out of it for Saturday).Several have done themselves a power of good. I'd love to see Billy Chadwick in particular given a chance. For me, he deserves a real go. Works so hard for the team and has been in good form in the last two games he's played. KLP of course, but also the Jones lads and Greavsie as well are staking a claim. Does anyone know if Long is back yet? I'd be worried about young Cartwright being on the bench after the wobbly display against Leicester's youths. Gillingham are a different prospect. I was impressed by David Robson between the sticks at Gainsborough last week. Wonder if maybe his time has come? I'm sure Sheaf will be involved as well.

11. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Stop talking sense mate. You won't last long on here with that sort of insight.:emoticon-0105-wink: