1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Wigan

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 14, 2019.

1. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Do you know what the club said or didn't say? I don't.
    I know what Frazier said to me, only half the story though isn't it

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I doubt that
    He’s gone to a club with parachute payments.
    It’s not my argument
    I said I’d have liked him to stay.
    We have a wage structure and we aim to sell players on
    We’d get nothing for Campbell
    Agree or not
    That’s our business plan for players.

3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

First of all I understand that you are referring to our fans criticising our own players, but I was commenting on an overall view of a footballers job. There plenty of star players in the Premier League who get abused by 10's of thousands of opposition fans and at the other extreme in the lower Leagues where you could hear a pin drop a handful of fans abusing a player can easily be heard. A footballer has a job and within that there are terms and conditions. Perhaps you are in favour of the sanitised version of the game where supporters politely applaud both teams in equal measure?

Wayne Rooney came in for loads of personal abuse but just got on with the game.

"The support from some sections of the crowd is not as it was. It used to be that everyone would get behind the team no matter what, even if individual players copped it. They saw it as their duty and as part of the fun. Sing your hearts out for the lads, no matter what. Sing from the first minute. Sing even louder if you go a goal behind. Now some of the fans expect to be entertained. It's like going to a show or watching Britain's got talent, entertain me or I will boo you"
    Peter Crouch How to be a Footballer

Newland Tiger likes this.
  4. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I loved it in the Kempton when the crowds were sparse and maybe 200 ? in there could actually influence a game. When it was sparse the noise echoed more. I remember when we beat Chelsea at home in the league, 3-0 on a Tuesday night and an 8,000 crowd with I'd guess less then 1,000 of them in Kempton got on Roberts ( Chelsea centre half) back so much he eventually lashed out at Keith Edwards, gave a penalty away and got sent off.
    So I am 100% against a sanitised version of the game. I'd virtually lost my voice before half time on Saturday. I just don't see any need to pick on our own players be it at the ground or through social media. Opposing players are fair game as are officials and the away fans.
    Maybe I'm too old school for my own good but I don't think we are too far apart with our views.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Chazz Rheinhold and balkan tiger like this.
  5. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I’d hazard a guess that Magennis, Eaves and Baloch will cost more in wages than keeping Fraizer would have cost, and on that basis I’d much rather have kept FC with KLP as his back up. It just doesn’t make any sense, but then that figures as we’re talking about the Allam’s.

6. Tickton Tiger.

I'd have a punt that Magennis and Eaves don't cost even half of what Campbell was on, and expecting with a longer contract which is what he wanted. Baloch is a free hit because no way will he be on anywhere near Dicko's salary.

7. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

After 7 games last season we where on 7 points, this season 6 points. Those calling for McCann to be sacked and not putting any blame on the Allams is clearly wrong. Adkins clearly had a stronger squad and had a slow start as well.

The common denominator, the Allams and constantly changing the team year after year, not building a squad to slowly improve year on year, but dismantling one year after year with absolutely no continuity.

Blame McCann as much as you want (I am not sure on him yet,) but the blame does not lie at his door. Has he made mistakes? Probably but he is at a new club, with a basically new squad and has 1 point less than a manager most of us loved. The same people who want McCann sacked probably sung Adkins praises last year. So lets give McCann time but completely and utterly judging him, he has no doubt had his hands tied in the transfer market.

kingstontiger likes this.
  8. look_back_in_amber

From what has been witnessed thus far an FC and KLP combo would have been a more worthwhile investment, no matter how you try to dress it up. You pay pennies, you get monkeys.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  9. Tickton Tiger.

I'm not trying to dress anything up just stating it as it is. Campbell was on £20k plus a week and wanted another two year contract. The two lads we have got it are not Frazier Campbell's as they are not in their 30's either, but they will be on a wage that is more suited to the financial state of the club at the moment. Also doubt if Magennis and Eaves are 'on pennies' either. Also the 'monkeys' description isn't very clever or helpful.

10. look_back_in_amber

To do what the Allam’s are clearly making a very poor attempt at you need analysts and back room staff similar to that of Brentford, or you can do it the Allam way and pay pennies and get monkeys. Helpful or not it currently appears to be their mantra.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Except we haven’t dismantled the squad
    We’ve only lost a few haven’t we?

12. Chazz Rheinhold

You also need a chairman who is prepared to to subsidise the club year on year out of his own pocket
    With little hope of ever getting it back
    So why should they pay pounds to get class when you won’t go and support lb??

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  13. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Marshall, Campbell, Kane, Pugh, Martin, Evandro, Dicko, Keane, Ridgewell, Mazuch and we never replaced Elphick. I am not saying all of them are first teamers but they are in the squad, I would have Campbell, Marshall, Kane, Pugh and Evandro (If fit) in my first XI.

We have also signed 11 players (off the top of my head), which shows we clearly needed to add depth, you can't sign that many players and have the immediately gel. 10 left and 1 never replaced, 11 signed, depends on the definition of dismantled. I would certainly say a very very different squad.

Last year was similarly, it took time for the manager with new players, similar the year before. We are one point worse off than last year so now isn't the time to panic.

14. look_back_in_amber

I work every Saturday until 6pm now Chazz so I don’t even have the option of going, however the club is currently in a massive downward spiral, and the owners are the ones that stand to lose the most with their current spending mantra. It’s their call.

15. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Peanuts. What are monkeys going to do with coins? Buy peanuts? They're not even allowed in shops.

16. look_back_in_amber

I knew it went something like that.

Mr Hatem and Des Head like this.
  17. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

You not been to Goole? It’s like watching apes use tools for the first time.