1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I read this the other day and found it very interesting

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Beverley_Tiger_998, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

2. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Does this mean I have to suffer more pixelated matches coming in from Bulgaria or something?

My local in Hull doesn't even have Sky, just uses internet streams.

3. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Pubs and clubs all over the country may get their equipment back which was illegally taken away.

If your premises had an entertainments licence, there is a possibility you will.
    Those that didn't will not.

This is not a done deal yet, but is heading in the right direction.

4. e18

e18 Member

Agreed. Mind numbing watching from Middle east with picture sticking every 2 Min's.

5. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

saw that aswell, interesting if people start advertising it as a service for normal people, how much does it actually cost the pubs to set it up? cheaper than buying sky in a house?

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Will do nothing in the long run. The PL will just sell EU rights instead of UK, France, etc and the status quo will be restored as any broadcaster from outside the EU isn't afforded the same rights as those from inside.

The press made a similar fuss and there was similar bleating from the PL/Sky when they decided it was illegal to sell all the UK rights to one broadcaster. That was supposed to see consumers given more choice and cheaper prices and cause the PL to lose money. What we ended up with was no choice (they don't show the same games) and a change to paying our money to 2 people instead of just one if we want to watch all the games. The PL as a result of the changes now gets even more money as there's more risk of Sky being outbid for a single package than there was for the whole lot and they never know which one will be stolen from them.

7. MingofHarlem

MingofHarlem Active Member

No precedent set. She has provided independent opinion to the Chamber. They are not bound by her advice but as the article states - in most cases they will follow it. As the decision is not due until later this
    year the media are just speculating.

8. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

From my limited understanding of law I wasn't aware the European courts didn't quite work like that,

If however sky decide to take legal action against her, which would be daft after them recomendations, and the judge ruled in her favor then they would be shooting themselves in the foot am I correct?

9. MingofHarlem

MingofHarlem Active Member

I do not know the case details but she brought the case so I would be surprised, with Chamber yet to issue their judgement, that Sky would pursue her in the interim.

10. clinchyd

clinchyd Member

you can set it all up for about £300 for the dish the box and installation. im sure you get alot of channels free which do show premiership football but to be guaranteed English commentary and for every premier league game you would need nova sports,sky calcio or something simular which are subscription channels. i think they are about £30-40 p/m so a little bit more expensivce than sky at home but a hell of alot cheaper than the prices they charge for sky in pubs

11. x

x Well-Known Member

i can hear the sound of bubbles belatedly bursting. the greed-is-good league is a house of cards waiting to tumble and i for one welcome it. i welcome an end to essentially insolvent football clubs trading in monopoly conditions and i look forward to the levelling of the playing fields that will allow someone else to become champions of england for a change. and i especially welcome the imminent backrupcy of those "owning" the big clubs when in fact all they've done is inflict absurd and unsustainable levels of debt on unaware football clubs desperate for money.