1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If we don't fight against Man Utd, Poch is gone.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Nowhere to hide anymore, players or Manager.
    Players need to play like professionals and earn every cent of their obscene money.
    Manager needs to show passion, energy, and pick the right team , then use the right subs at the right time.
    Failure by players or Manager should decide who stays and goes ASAP
    I expect several to fail this test. Man Utd are a **** team but better than us and with a smarter Manager.
    If we don't match them for passion, energy and effort then we are finished.

Bodinki likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Fully agree.
    What we have in our favour is that, this season, our better performances seem to have been against the bigger clubs, like Liverpool, City, Spurs and Arsenal.
    Its the games against Forest, Brentford, Wolves, West Ham, Burnley and the like where we have looked like clowns.
    Hopefully we will continue that trend for this game.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Well we did what was needed in the most dramatic ending to a game in years. Fair play to our team, they did fight all night long and deserve the win. They certainly earned it. A very poor 30 odd minutes when they made some really stupid mistakes and we were gone like last weeks pay. I gave them no chance at 3-2 down but they proved me wrong and stuck it out in great style. What can you say about Palmer ??? Very special, very calm, with that knack that all great players seem to have.
    Poch must be the happiest man in London tonight.

4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Bizarre game which despite winning at the end we tried our hardest to throw it away. We gift wrapped them two goals and whilst Pochettino isn’t perfect, is that really down to the manager?

My latest complaint is Disasi, why does he celebrate every tackle? He played their striker clean through last night with a pass, recovered with a last ditch tackle and celebrated like he’d won the league, why pass it there in the first place?! Left back is a real issue, centre back is a real issue, the midfielders don’t work as a pair at all and that needs sorting.

It’s the worst Chelsea United game I’ve watched in years, ability wise. Two bang average mid table sides with 4-5 decent players on offer overall, how the standards have dropped. Some of it last night was like school boy football, no composure at all. I’d say we’ve given ourselves a chance of the top 6 looking at the league but we concede too many and make too many mistakes so I expect it’ll be about a 10th placed finish.

Thank goodness for Cole Palmer as I dread to think where we’d be without him.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

read a stat somewhere that said, his winning goals....JUST his winning goals, not other goals or assists, have earnt us 13 points this season.
    So without him we'd be 14th, just above Palace and 8 points above the drop zone!

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Serendipity my friends, serendipity. On another day we would be licking our wounds.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

I reckon the Centre back problem is simply that Poch plays both young frenchmen together, and that's just not enough experience. Individually they both have ability and with ( a younger ) Silva beside either of them we'd be much better.Same goes for Colwill. However Silva is well past the level needed now. We really need a good robust experienced CD. As for the midfield, I'd like to see young Casadei get a run, though Chucky looks good and I think Lavia might be the best mid we have if he ever gets to play again. Then of course, there's a place available for a striker !!! Loopy game that ,but I loved it !!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024