1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic If you are a smoker and can't give up

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Jul 9, 2019.

1. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Just out of interest did you see the program on channel 4? I think a few months back where they took a bunch of people from different backgrounds and living in different areas who were using cocaine for recreational use. Anyway part of the program involved testing the cocaine they had all bought and advising them how pure it was and what it was mixed with. I found the program really interesting actually...

Anyhoo sorry I digress but you are right to highlight the dangers of alcohol but in saying that.. Our local pub has just got an ale in called 'black bastard' (oops no PC ness there) and alcohol percentage is 9%. I have no idea if it's sold in half pints only (not the sort of thing I have ever seen them do). I m gonna give that a whirl tomorrow night..likely to set me on my way..:emoticon-0100-smile

Saf and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  2. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

The other thing with laws are that a lot of them come from a religious basis. Which is complete utter bullshit in my opinion.

rudebwoy likes this.
  3. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

yes smokey , that goes back to when religion was the primary source of social control , in our secular world they’ve adapted them , but in the more fundamental states , religion is still the primary method of social control .

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

But murder is still murder
    And rape is still rape

just saying like

5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

No, I've never seen it, Pops. I've heard about it being mixed with everything from creatine powder to novocaine. It's not something I have any interest in, tbh. Anything manufactured is a no-no for me personally. I see Cannabis as completely natural. It's just a plant. It doesn't need to be mixed with any chemicals or ****e like that. You simply pull it off the tree and use it the way it is.

Hope you're having a good night, anyway <ok>

CaptainPops likes this.
  6. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

And the sentences for both are still pathetic in the UK

7. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Didn’t realise there was so many puff heads on here. When I was a youngster I used to work. With a few West Indians and the sensi was epic when chemical skunk arrived I gave up.

rudebwoy likes this.
  8. floridaspearl

Hot knives?

9. floridaspearl

Magic mushrooms used to grow in horse paddocks, I’ve dabbled also micro dots were mental.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A saw a mushroom (or something) in one of our (unused) paddocks the other day. I have never seen one so big. It was over 12" high and at least 12" in diameter - massive. Just the one, all on its own. No idea what it is but didn't risk frying it with my sausages and bacon

11. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Heated over a flame.

12. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

If someone had only just discovered alcohol or tobacco, they would have to undergo stringent testing by peer review. It would be quickly realised that these two drugs were extremely harmful and shouldn't be consumed. But with alcohol and cigarettes so entrenched in society, we're stuck with the ****ty things.

In an article published in 2018, it was estimated that about 2,800.000 people lost their lives to alcohol related issues.

The Tobacco Atlas states that the number of lives lost to tobacco in the year 2016, was 7,100,000. 5,100,000 men and 2,000,000 women. 880,000 poor souls died from second hand smoke.

In around 55 countries, at least 20% of all male deaths were attributed to tobacco consumption. Most of those 55 countries are in Europe.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Ron and rudebwoy like this.