1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If You Were Him.................

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. john hughs

john hughs banned

Cardiff City

Biggest club , best facilities, best support , best manager , best fans , more chance to do well than other team mentioned, think he would walk here instead of being driven to others

3. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

From a purely footballing view I believe he would pick the Swans as the play a good passing game when on form and they offer European football.
    He is a quality player and I think there is something amiss that a bigger club is not going after him. Why haven't Liverpool folowed up their interest from January? It it his fathers influence or is he a cock?

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Assuming all the clubs were to offer equal terms (let's face it, money often talks), it would come down to a few footballing factors.

Where would he get a regular start?
    Where would he get the biggest exposure to further his career?
    Where would he have the greater chance of actually winning something?
    Where would he have the greater fear of ending up back in the Championship next year?

There are other factors, but the last one above could be a decider.

5. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

he seems to have good advice and purely on football reasons it would be swansea. we'd offer more money, and, bigger potential to grow with the club as opposed to using us as a stepping stone as swansea are.

palace will in all likelyhood go back down so a no no.

6. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

it would be a choice of either the swans or cardiff, i think both clubs are destined to remain premier league clubs for the foreseable future i beleive, for footballing reasons and a chance in europe he would go for the swans, but then cardiff could be considered a tidy footballing side but would be able to offer a bigger cash incentive, a tough one so over to you young mr ince. Personally i think he will stay 1 more season with blackpool

7. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Good post Mabon.

I think he'd pick Swansea but I reckon we might try a bit harder financially.

Don't agree at all though that he'll stay in the Championship next year and he definitely shouldn't!

8. Xsnaggle

Xsnaggle Member

I think there is a balance. The jacks are obviously the current Prem side so that is attractive, and he may suit their style of play.
    however, there style may change if Ladroup leaves, and despite reports I think he will, even if not immediately, then certainly when they are knocked out of Europe. so will he be advised to keep away from a club that may be in transition?
    Also Cardiff has much better training facilities etc. than Swansea which may sway him the other way.
    I don't think Palarse would measure up.

however all that aside, if he is anything like his father in non-footballing ways I wouldn't want him anywhere near the city dressing room for free. I knew people who knew him very well (Personally) when he was playing for Manure.

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

From what I've seen, read and heard, it doesn't seem to be a "like father like son" scenario to me. Never took to his gobby father, but as a young player in his own right and if he comes without that sort of baggage, he's class.

His coolness and close control reminds me of a smaller version the young Osgood back in the late 60's early 70's. He's got so much time on the ball, and tha'ts something you can't teach and don't lose.

At a suggested £8M in that Sky report, he doesn't seem a cheap option, but at half the price of Zaha, he'd be a bargain in these silly money times.

Back to the question - who should he choose - Swansea is the obvious one right now. It depends on whether he's thinking "right now" or prepared to take a gamble over the next 4 years or so. Forget Palace - it's the Swans or us.

10. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

or liverpool.......

Could understand why he would chose the Swans. More established in the Prem and a style of football that would suit him.

However........

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

He'll want to play regularly and that's less likely at Liverpool. He left there as a youngster for that reason.

With us in particular, he'd get plenty of game time within our present squad - but who else Malky will bring in up front with VT's promised cash?

12. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I think most people have it spot on

Football reasons Swansea
    Wages Cardiff

I don't buy that you are a bigger club at all, you have a few years to catch up now. We have picked up loads of new fans after winning the league cup and being the surprise of the season two years running playing attractive football. And we have massively invested in our training facilities.

I do tho think with all the crap going on at swansea with the board and laudrup, that the club looks unstable ATM which may be a decider for him.

I do think he may choose Cardiff tho, as he will be first choice there.

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

swan_and_only - We may be two years behind you getting to the Prem, but your light years behind us with club infrastructure, traing facilities and academy set up.

Don't kid yourself that you are an established Premier league club in the true sense of the word. You're in a position to move forward with a bloody good start on us, but the approach of your board toward providing what you need to progress seems in doubt. From what I've seen, you can't afford to stand still in the Prem - you either elect to progress or slip back.

There's no doubt that with our present squad, Ince would be amongst the first names on the team sheet, but if our owners do push the boat out, he could still end up fighting for a place.

On the face of it, you seem to be suggesting he'd come to us only for cash reasons. I did say in an earlier comment "assuming all the clubs offered equal terms", and if that were the case, I still think he'd come to Cardiff.

To say he'd come to us for money but go to Swansea for footballing reasons is a tad arrogant.

14. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

What infrastructure?

Cardiff City have recorded losses of £13,605,000 in their latest set of financial accounts – bringing their overall debt to just over £83m.

Swansea City have announced a record profit of £15.9m for the six months up to the end of November 2012.

The words deluded comes into mind. Cardiff is a small club and so are we.

15. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

for a start we own our own stadium, not council owned like yours, plus we have training facilities and will be moving into new ones in due course.

we are a small club, but swansea are smaller.

as for debt, yes its massive, but players dont give a **** about that. that profit you talk of came from selling 2 players, and compensation for losing your manager, by the way, correct me if i'm wrong. if so you cant rely on that revenue stream yearly.

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Don't turn this into another dick measuring contest mate. Before you start quoting figures, you'd best understand what they mean first.

This profit you made last season, you got £15M of it from the sale of Allen - without that you'd have made a huge loss. If you think you can repeat that sort of daylight robbery every season to make a profit, you're in cloud cuckoo land.

The current Cardiff balance sheet is negatively distorted to include all potential liabilities including full claimed liabilty by Langston and the loans from VT which are due to be capitalised once Hamman is settled at some sort of compromise. They are not as "factual" as you'd like to believe.

We're talking about Ince here. I've no quarrel with Swansea football club, just football rivalry - don't let it spill over again into another silly squabble.

17. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

never ceases to amaze me how many anoraks you get on here who seem to know so much about cardiff city's finances. must be almost a full time job being that obsessed.

18. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Where was debt mentioned? The comment was about infrastructure. £15M and no traning ground or a loss and great facilities? Is Ince going to go to you because you made £15M profit or Cardiff bcause they have superior facilities? I'm sure the £15M is of little interest to Ince unless you are going to share it with him, where he can use our training facilities to improve his game.

19. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

He will.go.2the highest.payer......that's how.football works these days in it

20. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

If I were Ince I'd go to Cardiff as I'd be ensured of a starting place. There's simply too much competition in midfield at Swansea.

As a Jack I'd personally prefer Andros Townsend.