1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins, Outs, & Rumours

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Bennett and Morrison rebuffed advances at the start of last season and neither received an increase in terms. Bennett stayed on a lower salary than you were offering. He stayed because he wanted to. This season, 7 players have been offered and signed new, improved contracts with extended end dates, mainly 3 or 4 years. That is logical, it secures our key players and rewards them for getting us promoted.

Irrespective of weather we stay up or not, we are securing our future in a sustainable way, as evidenced by us getting the FFP green light. No overspending on our part.

Happy days.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You could well be right about Bennett this summer, but you certainly tried to get him last year and he did turn you down.

This just reinforces remote's point that despite the increased contract wage offers for Bennett with you, and Morrison with the Wendies, both actually declined to leave.

That was a direct consequence of them buying in to Warnock's ambition for the club and a belief in him - you can't buy that.

EDIT - posted my reply before I saw yours remote. <ok> (and BTW, it's whether, not weather......<laugh>)

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

think the weather is getting to me. Yesterday we were sorting the wethers from the ewes. Decides whether they are breeding stock or sunday dinner.

4. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Reports we are in for Boyata Celtic fans do not rate him to highly
    so maybe this one should stay a rumour

5. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Not only them rosc. Our own Fab wouldn't be happy and he knows his 'Old Firm' players.

6. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

There are some hidden gems to be had up here, we know that first hand from Johansen, but Boyata is most definitely not one of them!

Cottager58 likes this.
  7. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Reports all over Twitter saying Seri to Fulham is a done deal.

Great news if true but as always will wait for something official from the club before I get his name on the back of my shirt.

2whitestripes likes this.
  8. Cottager58

Wimbledon is on - remember Rolan and his Centre Court tickets this time last year?

The rumour is picking up legs though and one twitterite - Dean Jones a respected journalist and Fulham fan to boot - at least has cause to prick up the ears. He also says that Mitrovic and the Swedish left back Augustinsson are all but done deals.

Blimey if they come off and we announce the new shirt plus new sponsor tomorrow, as alluded, the World Cup will take a back seat.

2whitestripes and Fabulous Fabio like this.
  9. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Yeah - I'll believe it when/if I see it!

10. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Signature on dotted line, and ink dry.
    THEN I BELIEVE.

11. Cottager58

French papers are saying that the Nice centre back, Maxime Le Marchand, has been given permission to leave their training camp and is heading to Motspur Park.

please log in to view this image

Guess the aim is he'll keep Seri company - who other stories say is having a medical tomorrow (or not, depending which account you wish to believe.)

12. Cottager58

The roller coaster continues.

* The Telegraph say that we're prepared to challenge Wolves' £16m for Man City's 21 year old midfielder Oleksandr Zinchenko

Turkish papers are reporting that we've made two bid for Besiktas' Spanish goalkeeper Fabricio Ramírez. Our bids of £3.5m and £4.5m thay say have been rejected with Besiktas looking for £6m [He's well known to our First Team goalkeeper coach who the Gaffer brought in - from Besiktas - during last season]

* The Mirror are saying that Matt Targett isn't entirely happy with the situation at Southampton and our £10m bid may still have legs. Southampton are wary that they could lose Ryan Bertrand, who is equally unhappy, however. This one could go to the wire, which isn't the end of the world since Targett knows the Club and will be match fit.

* Portuguese papers are saying that we have a strong interest in Benfica's Peruvian player André Carillo. The right winger is in the £4m range and presumably is in case our (£16m +) approach to Wolves for Ivan Cavaleiro doesn't come off

13. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I honestly think we should give Bettenelli a chance to be our number 1 he was decent last year and should only get better at his age.... anyway following the the two signings today I would be happy with four more in the next month....

Left back - Targett/ Augustsson
    Centre Back - Musacchio ( Milan)
    Right Mid - Cavaliero ( Wolves)
    Striker - Mitrovic

Those 4 will be a perfect window for me

14. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Cookie could not have wished for a better 4

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

No one seems to be mentioning Kalas and Piazon (nor, for that matter, Norwood). Are those deals dead now, or are they likely to happen yet?

16. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Everything is pretty much on hold at Chelsea at the moment - but I would not be surprised to see Kalas and Piazon move in the next week or so, once Sarri is appointed. We certainly still need squad depth and both of them know our team very well so we can wait until the deadline if we need to.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The word is Sarri's appointment may be confirmed today. I hope you're right that the double signing could still be on - while neither of them are likely to be regular starters when everyone is available (assuming there are more quality signings to come), they can both do a good job and the continuity of still having them around could only be a good thing.

18. Cottager58

The Sun have us disrupting Inter Milan's plans and making a push for Bordeaux's right winger Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira

please log in to view this image

Normally simply known as 'Malcolm' the guy has pace to burn and knows where the goal is to boot - he got 12 last season. Inter were apparently brokering a deal to take him on loan with a view to buy but our proposal is a straight purchase. If it comes off, the Club transfer fee record would be smashed !!!

2whitestripes likes this.
  19. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Well that would be even more serious!

Cottager58 likes this.
  20. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me, only problem published in the sun ? ,