1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

interesting read about bielsa

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by wakeybreakyheart, Jan 20, 2020.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't get me wrong, it might be a very good article but the guy who wrote it is a nobody, he has 5 followers, it could be anyone on here sharing an opinion, this is just one guys bablings. It would be like me pointing out LL's thoughts on Phillips, it doesn't make it right (or wrong)

3. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

All Bielsa needs is:emoticon-0127-lipss

4. lifecheshirewhite

TBF Man City play the same and don't burn out.
    But do have a much bigger squad, not just an imaginary one. ;)

LeedsLover and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  5. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

No, you're right.

ristac likes this.
  6. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Read it on another site this morning. My response was so word perfect I thought I’d copy and paste it <laugh>:

Do we miss roofe? Hell yeh, but are the roofe figures statistically valid... he missed games in the second half of the season... was his absence the cause of poor results... or are the stats just a reflection that he played more games in a fresher team.

The underlying point about lack of ability and the killer final ball/finish being the hardest things to do.. are certainly true. But the article is a contradiction... if it was simply the players aren’t good enough.. they wouldn’t be good before Christmas either.

Herrera has it in my view... and I’ve heard it from others.

Bielsa is a stubborn fcker... he looks at stats that say players still cover the yards. No sh*t. Of course they do... do they react as quickl?, do they make the same number of good decisions? The history books suggest not.

I would say if he’s a victim of his own anything it’s a victim of his own strategy. Small group of interchangeable players using set patterns they know inside out, gives a great competitive advantage.... while they’re all fit and sharp. Is it a compelling long term strategy in this division? Ask me in May.

LeedsLover and FORZA LEEDS like this.