1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Interesting Summer - Signings being well handled!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by nobe0609, Jul 13, 2011.

1. nobe0609

nobe0609 New Member

To say that as Watford fans we have experienced in the last 6 weeks all of the high's and lows that most other football clubs only experience in a full season, is an understatement, but then as most of us have either expressed on this forum or have muttered under our own breath, this is Watford - would we have it any other way?

I have found today to be an extremely exciting microcosm of our off-season to date. We've got the new signing Yeates who was terrific at Colchester and by all accounts was well liked by the fans at the last two clubs and are now being linked with the Prince of Ghana, a cultured and athletic player from North of the border. I wanted to focus in on the transfer activity to date though. I'm not sure of the three we have signed that anyone could say with a degree of certainty that we would have snapped them up, but all appear to bring with them some modicum of experience (quite a lot in terms of Yeates and Mirfin) and obviously fit in with what SD plans to do going forward. Importantly, we have managed to keep the three pretty well tucked away and seem to handle our business in the right way. Only Wiggins, a supposed Malky target has slipped through the net, which in my mind is no reflection on the current group running our club. I have some confidence that something can be worked out with Prince and am (perhaps somewhat optimistically given our current finances) hoping a LeFondre type signing up front may occur, but even if it doesn't I'm comfortable in the approach being taken and what I expect the outcome will be, the mind boggles in terms of who will be playing up front at Burnley (I do expect Weimann to return towards the end of August).

I wrote on 606 a few years back about the Harefield Academy being one of the best steps forward in a somewhat bleak period for the club and feel we may have just, for all intents and purpose, stolen an invaluable asset in Ross Wilson. Might he turn out to be the best signing for the club this off-season? I tend to think so!

Since the PNE game I have been itching for the next season to start but I class today as the first full day when I supported the "bring on August 6th feeling" with a glut of optimism and excitement. Happy Clapper?? TBD.

COYH!!

2. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Welcome Nobe and nice first article<ok> Seen you lurking a couple of times am glad you have seen fit to take the plunge:)

3. WFC Kingy

WFC Kingy Member

agree with all of the above.

however not liking the current deluge of sordell transfer to Ipswich stories.

4. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, interesting article!

5. Norwayhornet

wont happen Kingy ,at least not for silly money , and they havent hit silly money yet , that and Marvins tweets suggest he is happy where he is!

6. Norwayhornet

Personally I think he is ramping up to try and fill DG's boots!

7. WFC Kingy

WFC Kingy Member

I know, more likely that the foxes see ipswich are interested and buy him off us... :S

SUPER MARV.

8. nobe0609

nobe0609 New Member

Cheers Norway. Happy to have input. Replies are more my style unless something really stirs me...just felt the continued good work was worth mentioning, again. Was NoahWatford on 606. Changed the name as had another new arrival to the family (New arrival - read - Junior Hornet).

9. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Nobe, i remember chatting to you a few weeks ago :)...good to see you again, and good article, which i completely agree with :)

COYH!

10. TivertonHornet

Excellent article Nobe. I think like you the three transfers are just what our club needs. No flash in the pan on silly money but good pros with a bit of experiance. I like the way Dyche and Watford are doing their transfer business. I remember Keats from Colchester an excellent player who can develop at the Vic. We may not miss Cowie after all.

We just need another striker Chris Zebroski or Adam La Fondre would do me and we are still after a left back.

COYY

11. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Hi Nobe!

12. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

i've been watching the interviews with this week's signings, Yeates keeps stressing how impressed he was with SD...i'm a happy Hornette...:)

13. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

I noticed Yates was sold by SD in about 10mins. If thats true, then that guy is amazing!! We dont have much to bargain with, but if we can big up the club then that will help!!

14. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

yep, that's what he said..that's the bit that made me smile the mostest!

15. babyhornetdan

16. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

lol..something like that but a bit less cheesy ;)

17. babyhornetdan

hehe. i like my cheesy grin, that and my mutley cackle

18. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

lmao...it's cute ;)

19. babyhornetdan

Thank you, Mum calls me Mutley for my laugh and Mumble because i shake my feet and tap them all the time. Its fun to wind her up with them. hehe

20. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

lol i'll bet she loves that ;)