1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it time for Steve Bruce to leave?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Nov 29, 2014.

?

Should Steve Bruce resign or be sacked?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

i remember we played ipswich at home last, their fans were protesting about paul jewell.. a championship can protest about a manager not doing the bizz, so can we <ok>

bruce has done what phil brown did..

like i've said

ANYONE blaming ben arfa or ramirez for apparently unsettling the team.. that lies with bruce.. he's just not a decent manager, he's average, someone asked me when i mentioned it.. and i said, hey, we came from div 3 so suddenly.. we can either accept we are a tiny club and not give a **** if we get relegated because we came from such lows or we try and build on what we have

im sick of people on here saying we should feel lucky, should we ****.. i'm here whatever division but surely we should build on what we have?

but im sick of the excuse about how lucky we are bla bla.. that's in the past, we've spent good money and got a ****ing good squad

2. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

The continuing record of 2014 and the way performances of the team and manager get worse, not better, do kind of offer evidence of relegation form; over a season, rather that a calendar year, our results would take us down. This isn't a blip, it was once, then it became a trend, now it is a real concern as I cannot see his solution, can you? Our club captain and Key CB is not just off form, he is a liability, our young LB is believing his hype, our CMF is uncreative, lacks possession and is easily bypassed, while our attacking threat isn't and never really has been. As for our manager, his tactics, team selection and substitutions are confusing, if not simply poor. But all of this can be swept under the carpet by blaming 'personal errors'. Let us remember that the games we draw confidence from are games where we squandered early leads, just as we did in the FA Cup.

3. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

That's a fair post Fez but we have had more than our fair share of injuries and bad luck. I always look at the 'run-of-the-ball' moments in our game and we do not get our fair share imo. Loose balls more often than not go to the opposition. Our play in the final third has been negated by injuries and having to play people in roles they are not adaptable to. Jelly has shown that he can put the ball away if he gets his chance in the penalty box but he is getting little or no chances because he is having to do the hard yards himself. I am still out on Hernandez but I have seen little of a '10 million quid player' so far. In this modern day football I have seen few 'one-footed' players stand out. There are exceptions of course but Ben Arfa (and to a lesser extent Tom Cairney who, imo, could have been playing Premier League football if someone had mentored the bloke into using his right foot) isn't one of them. The amount of money they are paid you would expect them to put a few more 'hard yards' in an improve their game but (as Phil Brown once said of Altidore "He thinks he's a big time Charlie") they think they are above some hard work. I saw Rio Ferdinand in an interview recently where he said that the guy that amazed him most was Christian Ronaldo who, after an exhausting training session under Sir Alex, would then take out a dozen balls on to the pitch with a number of 'ball boys' (whom he paid himself) and practiced and practiced his 'step over' routine and free kicks. This is a dedicated footballer determined to give of his best. We appear to be lacking in this side of the game at Hull City.
    I agree with some of your assessments where some of our key players appear to be 'off-the-boil' but to be fair to Bruce he is having to play players out of position because he has no other options and it is easy for us to criticize AFTER the event when things haven't worked out.

4. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

5. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

To answer the question.

It appears not if the poll results are anything to go by (noted that poll might not be closed just yet and there may be a late flurry of YES votes).

6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Bottom of the league and 2 points from safety as it stands

7. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

That's ****.

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Lallana equalises for Liverpool!

We're back up to 19th on goal difference!

9. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Injuries, rub of the green, these are things that every team suffers - look up at Newcastle for an example. There was a time when Bruce accepted responsibility - can you recall when that stopped, because it has. You work with what you've got and the comments on here would say they are not being used in the best way possible and that is down to the manager and that knocks on to the players. Try recalling the Palarse renaissance under Pulis; same players, different game plan.

10. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

Totally agree .... a very honest and accurate assessment. Something MAJOR needs to happen NOW!!

11. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Pullis, with Palace, won 12, drew 5 and lost 11.
    Could you tell me where he is now please?

Like what! We need a striker who can play at this level so that we can start performing in the top third. We have Jelly on his own at the moment. What would you do?