1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it time for Steve Bruce to leave?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Nov 29, 2014.

?

Should Steve Bruce resign or be sacked?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

It's easy for people who don't understand football to use them cliche's like they're lacking passion, not trying hard enought etc.

2. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

some of you really need to change your expectations.. its our 2nd season in the premier league under the allams and bruce.. look at some of the other lower-mid table teams in the prem over the years... they are fighting for relegation every season, some go down, some dont... why would you expect anything better from city? we're a little fish in a big pond. just enjoy it!

you cant expect us to keep on improving season after season... its not that simple, all the other teams are also trying to improve every transfer window..

just be realistic, we'll be struggling most seasons until we eventually get relegated.

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Nah he never randomly sacks managers does he. He'll sack Bruce before long if we continue to struggle.

4. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

We gave the ball away at every opportunity. We won the ball more than enough, so this wasn't down to wonderful possession play by Man u, it was down to absolutely shocking possession,from Hull city.

We seem to have lost something we had last season. I won't pretend to have the answers, we just seem to lack confidence?

Oh and i'm sorry, but our keeper is...well he's not very good.

5. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Even if we go down, Steve Bruce is the man for us.

I will say that at times this season he has been inexplicably defensive, but he is the greatest human of all time in my mind.

Anyone who disagrees is a poodle, and y'all know it.

6. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

Do we want to finish 15th-17th every season? In our dreams! We have yet to last more than two seasons in the prem - if we could stay in the league for 5 - regardless of where we finish - then we would really be making progress.

7. Spinach

Spinach Member

Should Bruce be sacked or resign? No. But he is getting dangerously close. If we haven't got a result in the next 2 games then I for one will change my no to a yes.

I don't mind losing if we give it ago but so many times this season we have looked just terrible. I struggle to see how a bunch of Premier League players find it incredibly difficult to string two passes together.

Steve Bruce appears to have a glass ceiling in his career and struggles to move on further than a certain level.

The players look unmotivated and appear to lack passion and Bruce seems incapable of motivating them.

I don't know why some people on here find it impossible to criticise Bruce. Fair enough he is probably our greatest ever manager and brought us the best times the club has ever. However. There is no place for sentimentality or complacency because that will only lead to one place. The Championship.

The results in the entirety of 2014 have been shocking. Right now we are the worst team in the league.

8. Altrincham Tiger

Altrincham Tiger Well-Known Member

Agree mostly. I don't expect to go to Old Trafford and win, but we made life very easy for them today. The least I'd expect is we give them a good game, play to our best and then you never know - a win could be sneaked. Possession and passing was awful today. The 1st half dire, 2nd half marginally better but not by much.

I didn't half feel dejected and isolated walking back home down Chester Road just now. But I think Bruce will turn it around - just a bad patch.

9. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Who started this ****e?....Mr Hat say no more...I haven't been on this site for ages...There is a reason for it....Contributors like Mr Hat, whose name rhymes with something else..

10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Leave Mr Cat alone.

Anybody who brings David Meyler on as a 'tactical sub' clearly doesn't get football. I don't want to see Bruce leave, but if we don't start winning games (Burnley aside, it seems like ages since we last played a 'winnable' fixture, we seem to keep playing top six teams) I think Allam will wield the axe. It might prove an unpopular decision, but if he was willing to get rid of Barmby over something as small as comments in the media, he'll be willing to do more if it means protecting our PL status.

11. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

The thing with that, presuming Allam does wield the axe (which I don't think he will), he doesn't have a ****ing clue who else is out there.

Or a ****ing clue about football.

He's better sticking with Brucie, whether we stay up or go down.

12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Possession or the lack of it. There was an incident at 70 mins that stuck in my mind. We had the ball in our half just short of the halfway line, no pressure at all and many open players and it was kicked right back to Mcgregor. The goalie with plenty of time and plenty of options decided to hoof it up the pitch to their defensive line. What was all that about ?

13. Billy ask Queue

Billy ask Queue Active Member

Hahahahaha.... I get it now. Its a bit like Adrian Durham on Talksport. Come out with some ridiculous statement and wait for the reply knowing what you've said is utter bullshit . Very clever and getting a response as requested.

14. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

doesn't help when we play so deep, don't close down quickly enough, don't run into space and bring everyone back for a corner, what the ****s that stupid tactic about - keep on playing like that and we wont beat anyone

15. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

****wit thread.

16. jamesthemonkeh

We've just lost to Man Utd at Old Trafford and people are calling for Steve Bruce's head?

And then there is a comment saying we should be doing better than 15th to 17th? What God-given divine right do we have to finish 12th?

Reality check required for some fans.

Even if we get relegated then Bruce should stay.

17. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm starting to lose faith in SB. Just saying. Doubts creeping in.

However, Hat is a just a troll. Nowhere does he deserve the sack. I just hope we pull through this season as 2nd seasons are vey tough.

18. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

Kind of agreed with you until the "god given right" part.

1st off , there is no God

2ndly, it's not about a right it's about results. You pump in a ton of money into a team, you expect better results. Otherwise, what is the point. So you can't blame people for expecting better then 17th.

19. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I look at it that if we're averaging a point a game we're on target to stay up.

We're 2 points adrift of that after 13 games.

Calm down FFS, anyone seriously saying Bruce should go is a clueless tit.

IMO.

20. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Well that's just not true, is it? What are the odds that every single player will individually have a worse season than the one before? It's practically impossible.

Jelavic is the obvious example of someone who's been better this season than last. I'd add Elmo (steadier in his defensive duties this season than last, and generally more consistent), Chester and Brady (finally back to his pre-2013 form).

Notable strugglers this season compared to last: Davies, Huddlestone, Livermore.