1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic It’s nice to be back

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Ubedizzy2, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Ubedizzy2

Ubedizzy2 Well-Known Member

Now I have to confess that I’m not the most efficient with passwords and online forum protocol’s, but it’s been a very frustrating time trying to get back on here for months, as there are apparently some technical glitches with the system. However, thanks to Lardy and brb I have managed to create a new account so that I can post again.

I never deleted my old account and have continued to read this forum from ‘afar’ but it’s nice to be back properly. I wonder if others have suffered the same fate when trying to register/re-register on here. Something to look at in the future perhaps.

In the meantime I’d like to thank those of you on here who commented on my ‘discussions’ with a certain poster on another forum, regarding the potential takeover a while back. You all seem to know already about the way that forum is moderated, but it was new to me, so I persevered with my search for the truth until I was banned. It was however, supportive to see various comments on here about those discussions and I would like to single out Elfs for his witty posts, which sometimes had me in tears of laughter. Cheers.

A couple of things to just clear up, which were discussed when I couldn’t post a reply….

I am not Royston, so unfortunately Elfs you can’t call in your wager yet. I think it’s been coincidence that I joined here and ITTV just after he had departed both forums respectively.

And I am not Martin or Thomas Sandgaard, nor indeed Lardy himself (that one made me laugh when I was ‘accused’ of it on ITTV).

I look forward to resuming posting on here, albeit under a very slightly different handle.

2. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

Welcome back Ube. The only problem I had was when I found I had to change my name from ForestHillBilly to Penguin. I don't read ITTV so can't contribute to any discussion thereof.

Smudger603 and Ubedizzy2 like this.
  3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ivor is a mass of contradictions and nonsense.

Eloquent posters like yourself are too much for him, he cannot handle being challenged.

Membership up to 16.5, what taffy is in feet!

Smudger603 and Ubedizzy2 like this.
  4. The Elfsborg Sparrow

PS @Ubedizzy2 did you know Ivor was seen in a pic as security for his team's owners?
    He also wears an xxxxxxxl high viz stewarding when not bodyguarding pinky and perky.

Smudger603 likes this.
  5. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> :emoticon-0148-yes:

6. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Two nicknames come to mind for our reacquainted chum.
    Can we call you Uber or Pube? I do like a nickname as the other 14.5 members will testify.

Ubedizzy2 likes this.
  7. Ubedizzy2

Jaws or Gnasher maybe ? But then you’d have to know who Ubedizzy was I suppose. As a clue, that’s me in the avatar eating one of my grooms after a race at Newmarket .

Anyway it’s not for me to choose - I’ll leave that to anyone so inclined

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  8. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

Uber is not a good nickname - my brother in law is a Charlton supporting black Taxi driver and hates Uber drivers - just call him dizzy ?

Ubedizzy2 likes this.
  9. Ubedizzy2

Yes, I’ve got two uncles who are London cabbies and they wouldn’t be impressed if they knew.

Smudger603 likes this.
  10. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Apologies for my long standing suspicions that you might have been Royston @Ubedizzy2

A few years back one of his short-lived adopted names included the word Uber (something to do with the cab company I think but I don't recall the details). This was round about the time he left Not606. Because your name sounded a bit similar and I initially thought I saw some reminiscence in your posting styles I joined the dots and ended up with the wrong picture.

I don't recall anybody else suspected of being me though. That's a novelty.
    Many years back IA tagged me "the bastard son of Rick Everitt", which I've always thought was the nicest thing he ever said about me.
    I was a bit flattered <laugh>

11. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Backhanded compliment I'd say.

lardiman likes this.
  12. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Welcome back mate. Like @thepenguin I tend not to read ITTV so no idea what's been happening, but you were a decent poster on here so good to see you again.

Ubedizzy2 likes this.
  13. Ubedizzy2

I don’t think for one mInute that they thought I was really you. I was being attacked by a few posters on there (one main culprit obviously) and as they had recently attacked, vilified and falsely accused you, it was just convenient to connect me with your name.

It was just pathetic and done because I was calmly proving beyond all reasonable doubt that something which had been posted as fact (and repeatedly defended) was in fact a complete lie. It also didn’t work, because instead of being an insult, I took it as a compliment and it just made me more resolved to carry on. I was obviously going to be banned unless I stopped speaking the truth, but here we are, banned from ITTV, but back on not606 and now DP’s forum as well.

As for Royston, I’ve been reading his posts for years, all the way back to Your Views on the old OS, but never been on a forum at the same time as him, but that’s now changed with Charlton not Wrexham, so maybe we’ll exchange some opinions going forward.

Happy days.

lardiman likes this.