1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It Shall Be Jose!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Dec 21, 2015.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Yep!

I believe the stars are now perfectly aligned for Jose Mourinho to become Manchester United's next Manager. The papers are all over it today and where there is smoke, there is always fire.

I don't see many any other possible outcome to this saga of LVG, Jose, Pep and United.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  2. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

God help us now

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

please log in to view this image

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

Mata won't be very happy!

5. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just like all that smoke about him becoming our next manager in 2013 <ok>

6. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It is believed that Guardiola has already decided where he is going next. If United do appoint Mourinho, it would mean Pep has already agreed to go to City. One thing that I would say for Mourinho is that he has better experience in EPL than Pep and under more unfavourable circumstances. Of course he comes with the baggage of just being Jose. But if than can be managed, he would be a major coup for United.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

No idea what the truth is or what will happen but if, as you suggest as a possibility, Guardiola had decided on City then I'm sure United will with due diligence find this out and look elsewhere. I would guess this then makes Mourinho favourite, either soon or at the end if the season, and he's not too shabby a replacement.

Guardiola will then never be United manager. Ever.

Not the end of the world, between now and then someone else will have come along and it might just be that Mourinho or AN Other have stuck around for a bit anyway.

There's no law stating our manager has to be one of Mourinho, Guardiola or Ancelotti though.

There will ultimately be other options.

9. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

There is no guarantee that Pep will succeed at City in the way that he has at Barca and (to an extent - and by that I mean the lack of CL success) at Bayern Munich. Both these clubs were already firmly established at, or near, the top of their respective leagues and were flying along and winning trophies long before he arrived. City, despite some moderate success in the PL, are still a club in development with no pedigree in the CL - something Pep has had precious little experience of to date, so if he takes up the post it will be interesting to see how he fares.

So far it has been easy for him to jump aboard the equivalent of Celtic in two different leagues, where dominance was all but guaranteed, City will be quite a different project particularly as the likes of Toure, Kompany and Aguero are begining to show themselves to be susceptible to injury

10. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Simeone seems to be distancing himself from the Chelsea job now by saying he doesn't see a reason to leave Atletico. I wonder if he might be available if we made our interest known.

11. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Be a good call IMO. He has AM playing some breathtaking, tough football and he has experience of league and European football - plus we might get Antoine Griezmann too. On top of that, you wouldn't imagine many players would want to mess with him either.

12. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Guardiola to City, maybe, but maybe it's not a coincidence he told everyone he was leaving after Jose was fired.

As to Jose, the aura has been broken. He's never been in that position before, and didn't know what to do to change it around. It's a better squad than Moyes had, and Moyes never got close to relegation.

13. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

I think if Pep was going to City you'd have snapped Mourinho up now.

I think he's coming to you boys personally. Will see though.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think the answer is obvious. Mourhino in charge with Pep as his assistant. Job's a goodun <ok>

irdan likes this.
  15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surely you mean Giggs in charge with Mourinho and Pep as his assistants?

Mourinho can do tactics and Pep can do training. Giggs can do the players' wives <ok>

glazerfodder and Treble like this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

When a significant number of the team refuse to play for a manager there is very little he can do. No manager has ever turned it around after losing the dressing room.

17. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

That doesn't exactly reprieve him does it? As others have said, losing your players is bad management, heck some United fans on here are going on about LVG not having the players belief anymore, so if it's a bad reflection on LVG, how in the world is that not a bad reflection on Mo? Lest we also forget, this team won the title last year, so to your lose your players in the space of 6 months says a **** load of negatives about you, than the team.

We must also not forget that this isn't the first time Mo has fallen out with his players, the same happened at Madrid, so he has a history of this, not exactly the stability you are looking for.

Mo is a diva, and brings so many distractions week after week, yeah it's 'entertaining' for the first month, but as everyone witnessed at Chelski, it gets stale after a while. And when he isn't winning, he gets worst, and with all respect, United do not look like world beaters right now, with or without LVG, there's a lot of distinctly average players in your squad right now, not players you consider Manchester United players, so I don't see Mo suddenly turning it all around, and when he can't turn it around, he will sulk and sulk as he does, blame the players, and before you know it, he will lose your own dressing room, and you'll be changing your third manager in 4 seasons.

cytrax likes this.
  18. Arsenal87

Mind you, I think this whole argument that 'Mo lost the dressing room' has been way overblown, they just qualified for the last 16 of Europe, beat a very good side in Porto, and even managed a home win VS Norwich, so 1 win VS Sunderland doesn't automatically mean the Chelski players showed up.

Think this is just being used as an excuse for Mo being found out, rather than put it down on him unable to work his magic anymore, we just say it's not him, it's the players. Nonsense.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

What has any of that got to do with the fact I pointed out, that being, it is not unusual for a manager being unable to turn things around once they have lost the dressing room?

20. Arsenal87

But that is his fault, and even before he lost the dressing room Chelski were looking ****, and then he started attacking his players, and well, what'd you expect?

And anyways, as I said, I believe him being unable to do his work because of losing the players is just an exaggerated theory to excuse his own coaching deficiencies.