1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It's Frisky Fridays

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Nazara, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

Morning all, sorry this is a bit late, I got up then fell asleep at the computer desk. I'm giving elland a rest from his hard work today.

Anyway the latest news is that Bates is staying away from this week's match, reportedly from a cold. With reports of another march by the suppporters trust on Saturday, is Mr. Bates just a fat old coward?

Song of the day is "More than a Woman" by the Bee Gees

[video=youtube;wK67GCIPaF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK67GCIPaF4[/video]

2. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Morning :)

Billy Joel does a better song with the same title.

3. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning YWBK, I know ER has underground heating, but with the additional snow forecast & the need to sweep the surrounding areas will the game definately take place?

4. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

[video]http://www.airlinestube.com/video/QCoBC_31vXA/Millwall-1937-FA-Cup-run-The-Giant-Killers.html[/video]

5. The-Don

Boggers theyve forecast it all week and we havent had any since saturday. should be fine tomorrow

6. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Good news. What's this cr%p about Dave Jones being the new favourite in the betting to be the new manager? I so hope that it's his agent trying to push the betting. Why would we want a dodgy Scouse ex Baadiff scr)te who keeps getting sacked everywhere he goes. Even after 1 game, we'd still be better off with Redders.

7. Badger

Badger Member

Gooooooooood afternoon boyz and Kissa <wink>.

Way to quiet for a Frisky Friday..So pump up yur Pammy and lets ave a .........[video=youtube;5grN83P-jC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5grN83P-jC4[/video]

Yur know it makes sence:1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:

8. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

I don't think there's ever been a game in recent years called off at Leeds? We always seem to clear the snow no matter how bad it is.

9. Radebeens

Radebeens Member

It;'s been almost 20yrs since a game was called off for bad weather at ER, Best Fans.

10. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all :)

Brightons going to be a test. Poyet will really fancy the three points and brighton are the form team at the moment.

Then again Redders will be gunning for another victory as he is playing for a job.

Should be an interesting one, so I'm saying 0-0 <ok>

11. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

The players are playing for their jobs as well! The ones who haven't been performing under Grayson, have to start playing well to keep their place in the team and stay at Leeds. That's why I can see a Leeds win tomorrow. Hopefully McCormack will keep up his recent form and Becchio can find the net again. What's the odds on a Brighton red card tomorrow?

12. The-Don

Brighton have had the most red cards in the league I think, so odds on a red card will be ****, pretty much guaranteed init :)

13. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

no goals, we're talking Leeds United here.

14. Cosmic_LUFC

Cosmic_LUFC Active Member

Sky Sports news banging on about dougie again -
    Crystal Palace boss Dougie Freedman has emerged as one of Leeds United's top targets, Sky Sports understands.

Leeds chief Ken Bates has had a plethora of applications since sacking Simon Grayson last month, and he is considering his options carefully.

Bates is believed to be wanting a young manager who can work well with the club's outstanding youth system.

That has seen his sights turn to Freedman, who is a cult figure at Elland Road despite only a loan spell with the club during his playing days.

Freedman played for Leeds on-loan in 2008, helping them to the play-off finals before losing to Doncaster.

Target
    Now after emerging as one of the best young managers in British football, Freedman is set to become a target for Leeds again.

Freedman became Palace boss on New Year's Day 2011 and guided them to safety in the final few months of the season, and he has continued to build on that success.

Palace have now opened talks over a new deal for Freedman, who as well as mounting a promotion push this term led them to the Carling Cup semi-finals.

Bates, though, could be ready to try and prise Freedman away and offer him the chance to succeed Grayson with the West Yorkshire giants.

15. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

I would be happy with Freedman.

16. Cosmic_LUFC

he would come in the knowledge that at least he'd have a game on in winter...unlike at palace where the games called off due to frozen pitch

17. The-Don

Dougie Freedman is currently manager at a club where they tie up their best players with long term contracts, why would he come to Leeds?

18. Cosmic_LUFC

Lazy journalism friday methinks

19. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

Probably to do with me posting it. elland is always better at these things. <wah>

20. Cosmic_LUFC

and frisky fridays would be better with some females involved