1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It's Redfearn!! Bates Shows His Colours

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Blackpool were dark horses and unexpected for promotion, but not flukey. They spent a fair whack buying Charlie Adams, and if you look at their squad at the moment, it's cost them in excess of 3m quid in transfer fees, so of course they've been able to do well. They've invested.

2. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

When I say "fluke promotion", what I mean is for some reason luck goes your way with some results, other teams lose key players, get key decisions going against them, and suddenly you scrape the play-offs on goal difference, meet a team out of form in the semis and get through 1-0 on aggregate thanks to a silly goalkeeping error, then have a jammy final with other lot hitting the woodwork ten times and win it on penalties. Now, do you understand fluke?

3. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

I don't buy the 'Bates doesn't want us to get promoted because it suits him' line. Promotion to the Prem is supposed to be worth £90M. That dwarfs any payments to creditors and even if you go back down you get the parachute payments. The players and Elland Rd would be worth more too. It just doesn't add up.

More believable is KB not wanting to take the risk on investing to get to the Prem, but then it's been said that the way to make a small fortune in football is to start with a big fortune. Most (all?) Prem teams are technically insolvent. Given he has short arms and deep pockets and usually likes to use other peoples money I can buy this angle.

4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't get what Bates is up to, he hasn't many years left, he must be leaving his kids a tidy sum why doesn't the old twat retire and sell us to someone who cares. Has the silly old ****ers life become so boring he has to get his hard ons from owning a football club.