1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jack Ross, the good ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Yeah we ain’t top 2 material, even with ****ing Pep & Klopp joint gaffers, that’s clear now.

Nacho likes this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

**** knows what's going to happen with the takeover but if it does go ahead you've got to fancy that we could get a manager who would at least get them starting games like they mean it.

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

This is it. The players clearly aren’t good enough, but the issue is that they are better than they are showing, that’s why we turn to Ross.

We can’t change 20 players to fix the holes but a managerial change can revitalise a side.

We are running out of legs with the fortunate wins and it’s not even Christmas yet.

We need the takeover done yesterday, as whoever the manager may be in January we need targets identified now. We need at least one CM and shift some of the dross that we have layers of in there, and we need a goal scorer. Grigg isn’t coming good, that’s clear.

We need a goalscorer or we stay down. That’s gotta be a goalscorer that fits any managers system.

I can’t help think that Shankland was Ross’s pick, and it didn’t happen.

The Norton Cat and Nacho like this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

They are a little better than how they've been playing this season but for me not that much. The main thing is the inexplicable problem where we only start playing once we're a goal down, it's not good enough and fair enough a new manager could change that.

On the other hand if you think of Ross as Moyes (harsh on Ross like), he couldn't motivate his players properly either, we replaced him but then neither could Grayson or Coleman and we limped embarrassingly down the leagues because it transpired that the players were either below par or didn't give a **** and maybe the manager wasn't the real problem.

There's still no pace in the side, no strength and no goalscorer so until we can sort that out I think luckyish wins with a decent amount of effort is the best we can hope for Ross to manage and to be fair he's got us into the playoff places so far.

Nads likes this.
  5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

There's definitely something amiss somewhere along the line. My gut feeling and one or two other things make me think that laying the blame solely with Jack Ross is wrong. As manager though it must, and will, be his head that rolls. He's not been perfect but I believe he's tried hard and cared. I don't think any other manager will make a huge difference in the short term and will either need a huge cash injection or two or three windows to change things, coupled with an overhaul of the scouting/recruitment team.

Nacho and Nads like this.
  6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Absolutely

Peterborough offered us Maddison and some bright spark in the recruitment side felt he ‘wasnt one we were looking at’.

Where the **** where you looking you ****? A stockpile of largely immobile and plodding CMs?

Baffling.

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Not seeing a lot wrong with Bolton tbh, they're not the walkovers you'd expect from their position. Daryl Murphy's probably better than Grigg and Wyke at this moment in time.

Currently holding Blackpool who are above us to a draw.

8. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Watched the whole game and thought how on earth are Blackpool above us, then I answered the question myself, no recruitment, coaching or management policy anywhere near good enough. How much of that is down jack Ross, only he can answer. Bridcut was man of the match until he was flattened by his opposite number a bloke about three times his size. Looking forward to Wycombe, not.