1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January '23 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Not guilty sir( I hope ).... I think I said we are paying 100% of both wages, because that's the deal as far as I know, but as for Simons...his wage will be around the 5/6/7 max id say as he didn't ( as far as I'm aware ) get the bumper new contract that vale did before coming out on loan.

If I said any different earlier ( I always post what I'm told etc at the times) or didn't make it clear then that's on me.... And I apologise

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  2. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

All these posts about it being a **** summer transfer.... just a thought... whose money was it!!! and the value of our squad has likely increased quite a bit which would offset any supposed losses..

3. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

the clubs money….all from the sale of KLP. I don’t understand yr comment at all tbh

4. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Why would buying a player 3m and selling for 1m (as an example) offset losses? Just because our squad has increased in value it just increases the potential loss on players such as Sinik.

As for the first part of your post, it sounds awfully like 'It's his club to do what he wants'....

5. Howdentiger2

Well it is his club and he can spend his/clubs money how he wants ( as long as it's legal etc )..... So nothing wrong with saying it, if that's even what he was meaning.

Summer wasn't perfect, but it was better then some are making out. We've got seri who I would say is probably overall the best footballing brain and possibly player to ever play for us, Oscar who is up there as one of the best forwards we've had. Those alone bring the widow to a high level. we got Greaves on a long term deal, tufan technically a very good player, ally in on a perm, toure yer injured but I'd class that as a good signing, Simon's if we get perm for a decent price would be a good long term addition, woods helped flesh out the squad, pelkas is decent one.... We've been extremely unlucky with Injuries which can't be helped, but I feel some are using those injuries to sway their opinion on the window.

Those saying it's been a bad window, can you name the last time we had a better one?. I feel some people's expectations where to high and add that in to the benefit of hindsight, are being a tad unfair. We are in a 2/3 window process and overall we are moving in the right direction

But I suppose city fans wouldn't be city fans if we didn't find something to complain about ;)

6. SydneyTiger14

I feel uncomfortable at the insinuation that he's allowed to do what he wants as he owns the club, as that was the exact defence many were so outraged by regarding the Allams proposing to change the name.

7. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Well-Known Member

Not exactly the kind of player you want in team if he goes missing for 3 days to force a move. Everton are best shot of him.

8. Howdentiger2

Feel as uncomfortable as you want, but it's the truth. We all know Acun isn't like that and won't do anything stupid ( we hope ) but he owns the club and can, if he really wanted to, do as he pleases as long as it doesn't go against EFL/FA rules and is legal

Canninho likes this.
  9. SydneyTiger14

That doesn't mean we have to be happy if he runs up large debts. Just because he can do it doesn't mean he should. It's why fan consultation is so important in a club ownership. They don't have to but it goes a long way to a harmonious relationship with fans.

And again, I was referring to the parallel language to the defence of the Allams, not literally his actions.

highpeak tiger likes this.
  10. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Good or bad, it would have been worse with the allams

11. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

My point is that everything that Acun has done and I mean everything has been with the absolute best intentions. As I said its his money. As it happens I suspect Oscar is now worth what /?.. north of £10 million and cost us nothing?... Tetteh was also a free I believe and in the long term IMO could be worth more than Oscar.. So yes, some mistakes made as every single club would make, to call it a **** summer transfer is at best misplaced. The losses on Sinik will be covered and then some and the money from KLP has simply been reinvested in what will turn out to be a profit.

Of course we could have been signing A.N.Other from Scunny or Grimsby Town ...

12. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

The vast majority of our summer signings have improved what we have at our disposal.

We've been decimated by long term injuries. Don't think anyone can argue with the quality we've brought in, compared to what we had prior... Although it appears we can.

Mckechnie Orange likes this.
  13. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

It was a proper scatter-gun job - hopefully lesson learned.

GLP and Brucebones like this.
  14. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Along those lines, I'd say what happened when he told he wasn't being offered professional terms wasn't very mature at all.

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

It was me who said about Vale's wages, I don't think Chelsea did it to shaft us, but it shows how desperate we were that we allowed it to go through. Simons is on nowhere near what Vale is, I'd be surprised if he's even on a quarter of what Vale is, which just shows how mental Chelsea's academy is.

16. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

Get simons signed
    And its a perfect jan window

17. HullCityInEurope

HullCityInEurope Well-Known Member

So do we have an option to make Connolly permanent?

18. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

No.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought our **** summer signings looked pretty good today

20. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

sinik played 72 mins today
    got an assist

and fleming started and played full 90 at left back as oxford lost again