1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer gossip

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Nov 5, 2015.

1. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Pinto (not that I know very much about him) and Ranocchia would be fantastic additions. My fingers are crossed.

2. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

I am getting worried now.We, the fans, want an upgrade in our defense, early action in the transfer window and to win the lottery. it looks like it is two out of three.

3. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

It is Guinivere with set of balls number 4 - that any good?

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Crikey some real Christmas presents! Let's hope that our results encourage these guys to join as that is the real difficulty. It's great to see us reverting to doing our transfer business early

5. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about Pinto but as for Ranocchia, I'm not sure it is as exciting as people are saying. By all account he was dreadful for Inter last season and hasn't really featured for them this season other than sub appearances (ok, this is Inter we are talking about!) but whilst he is undoubtedly a threat from set-pieces and he doesn't have to be that great at defending to get improve the team I do wonder if his lack of pace is going to be a problem. Bear in mind that we are already horrendous at defending counter-attacks as it is and that's with some CBs who have a shade of pace!

6. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

I'd still argue that Ranocchia would be a good piece of business for us. I'm not sure I'd immediately start him, but I'd be very happy to have him as an alternative option in the event of Bassong or Bennett experiencing a drop in form.

7. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

Surely if we spend £8m ish for a new CB hes going to be starting most games - otherwise whats the point? Also, why on earth would he come and sit on the bench for us? If we can bring him in (which I doubt) then he has to be starting, otherwise invest in someone that will improve our first team.

THURNBY YELLOW and KIO like this.
  8. ColkOfTheBarclay

ColkOfTheBarclay Well-Known Member

I have to say I think Bassong has been really poor lately. He was easily the best CB for the opening few months (Not a hard job, I know) but since the Watford game and maybe even before then, he has looked weak, slow and completely lacking in confidence. Even in the wins over United and Villa. Bennett for me is the best/most consistent CB we have currently. Any CB we can get in will be great because we are short as it is and the ones we have are adequate at best! Don;t know much about this Ranocchia guy but if you can play for Inter, even if you aren't considered great, you've gotta have something about you.

THURNBY YELLOW and KIO like this.
  9. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

Agreed, if one of the two was going to be dropped it would be Seb on current form. Ranocchia was club captain last season too. When have I seen I good defender become useless after being made captain before?

A small part of me worries this could be a new Helveg but I think it's probably OK. He has been good for inter. And has played several relatively full seasons with them. At 27 he's also young enough that his prime is probably ahead of him unlike Helveg.

10. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Steven Naismith in line to join Norwich City from Everton for £8m
    • Deal agreed but rivals show an interest in signing Scot
    • Canaries had initial offer turned down in summer
    Norwich City have agreed a deal in principle with Everton for the £8m purchase of Steven Naismith having revived interest first expressed in the summer, though they face competition from a number of rival Premier League clubs to secure the Scotland international.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/29/steven-naismith-join-norwich-everton?

11. Bath-Canary

That would probably top January off if we pulled in Pinto, Ranocchia and Naismith. It would be very hard to call that unsuccessful. If we then move on Grabban and Lafferty maybe consider another striker that would be a great squad to tackle the 2nd half of the season with.

12. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Pinto, I don't know loads about. I know he has pace to burn though. Played Euro and Champions League. He is 6', so he has some height to cover in the Centre. Bit of a signing out of the blue, but gotta strengthen out squad.

Ranocchia would be an amazing signing.Again Champions League experience, 6'5, Very very solid. I still can't believe we are being linked to him.

If that news on Naismith is true, fantastic! Really want this deal to happen too.

Coming home to read this, after 2 wins in 3 games. All very positive and exciting.

13. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Having been burnt on a couple of CB rumours which in retrospect were laughable (Alderweireld...) I am not going to even consider Ranocchia unless and until we have heard he has completed signing.

Pinto sounds like an excellent addition. I would be very pleased with him joining especially if he adds pace as that would be a good rotation with the defensively solid but slower Martin at RB.

I imagine there will be a few grumbles about us paying £8m for Naismith given his age, but IMO he is absolutely spot on for the sort of player we need to get us over the line. Experienced, level-headed, he'll be fit, fresh and raring to go. So if that one goes through I will be delighted personally, and if Mbokani can keep going from strength to strength I would say that we don't need much more up front this season.

14. Forgot_My_Lines

My thoughts exactly on Naismith.

15. JF76

JF76 Member

Was told some time ago by a player at our club that Naismith was pretty much a done deal and he wants to come. He also said that Gayle is likely as well.

16. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

If Naismith helps us stay up then that's money well spent, I was disappointed we didn't get him in the summer so hopefully we can get him in January. Age doesn't bother me really it's about strengthening our squad and I think Naismith will do that.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Naismith is a brilliant, proven, premier league player over many seasons.

This is EXACTLY the type of player we need to be signing. Well done to everyone involved in getting this over the line. Can't wait to see him playing for us.

18. Forgot_My_Lines

Wow, now a story on BBC front page! This could finally be happening!! Great news!

JM Fan likes this.
  19. Bath-Canary

Bbc rarely get caught up in the hype and report something without solid sources. Pretty much when it's on there it's happening.

DHCanary and Forgot_My_Lines like this.
  20. Forgot_My_Lines

Two great early signings. Jarvis and Naismith. Both plenty of Premiership experience, both run and work their socks off. Both have a touch of Premiership quality in certain areas, that we are short on. Solid, progressive, and relieving start to the window.