1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer rumours 2013

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

Have to correct you there: The owner of FC Twente is Joop Munsterman, Jan van Halst was a commercial director in the past but resigned in 2011.

Anyways, on Fer. Good player, but he was in a bit of a lul at Twente. He never really got going there. His passing and vision are above par, he is strong, got good stamina. His strongest points are his mental skills. He is a very determined player on the pitch, he never gives up and gives his all for 90 minutes. His is fast and agile but not top class in that department. To make a comparisson I'd he's the Mata type of player. Running around on midfield, look to supply the forwards and when possible takes a shot on target on his own.

To be honest I was a bit shocked to found out about his move to Everton, I rate him as a talent, but far from EPL level. Certainly not a replacement for Fellaini at the moment.

2. Lieutenant

Lieutenant Well-Known Member

Mata is a winger who can equally operate the central playmaker role, I didn't expect Leroy Fer was similar from what I've seen. My comment regarding his passing/vision is I haven't seen him pull off the kind of passes you would see from Wesley Schneider or Iniesta.

3. Lieutenant

I'm sure regardless of form or even technical ability you can appreciate Phil for being quite a trier? A bit like Newcastle's Jonas, the Argie has a cross more likely to hit a ball boy than a target and the vision of bat that has just flew into a sign post and likes to run the ball to nowhere but he is also a trier <laugh>

4. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

Exactly my point, Fer is a bit of a positional disaster. He went from AM to DM or LM at Feyenoord, and is now used as CM at Twente. He's been played at so many positions in the past few years that it's a mess in his positioning. the comparison to Mata was based on how he is used at Chelsea, sometimes as a DM and sometimes as a CM/AM. Fer's long passing is **** to say the least.
    To compare him with Sneijder or Iniesta would be downright absurd, like I said, he's not a top-class player, let alone a world-class one. He just not good enough for the EPL in my opinion.

5. Lieutenant

I have noticed this, I watched him put a few out for throw ins for Twente once... I do like that Dusan Tadic of Twente, he racked up a load of assists for Groningen last season.

6. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

Rate Tadic(24) higher than Fer(23) at the moment. Tadic' technique, shot power and creativity are way better than Fer's. Fer is not showing any progress in his development at all whilst Tadic is a lot more consistent and composed.

7. Lieutenant

You watch more foreign football than I do, no commitments? :)

8. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

I'm Dutch, and I'm a journalist, so no specific club I'm cheering for. Hence the objectivity in my reporting.

9. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Welcome to Everton Leroy :)

please log in to view this image

10. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

The Club cocked up, the deal is off.
    Everton came back to Twente yesterday with additional demands, Munsterman aint giving in and said the deal won't go through.

11. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

It's not off.

Greg O'Keeffe &#8207;@GregOK
    Next 24 hours will be crucial as impasse won't be allowed to stretch into deadline day. If Twente agree to restructure, then Fer still joins

They're trying to restructure the payments along with rumours knee troubles showed up during a medical. Talks have been put off until tomorrow.

12. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

I know, I got the same info here, just the added quote from the club owner Munsterman saying that the deal is off. 'We are not going to restructure the deal, if they hang on to that, it's not going to happen.'
    http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/235030/Munsterman-Everton-wilde-nieuwe-onderhandelingen.htm

13. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

it might be off but nothing is conclusive yet. you jumped the gun a little :p

I think it will go through, just clubs being stubborn. I can't see Fer wanting to stay there after this so unless another club comes in for him then all will be well.

14. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

You've not seen Dutch clubs handling transfer negotiations then I guess. All foreign clubs think they can get away with last minute additions or restructures but they always pay the top sum of money in the end. Munsterman has done this many times in the past and he always got his way. Bryan Ruiz, Luuk de Jong and Theo Jansen are fine examples of that for Twente. I'm not saying that the transfer itself is off, the deal that was sort of agreed two days ago is off, and Everton are likely need to pay more now that they have broken the first set of agreements. That's how Munsterman works: break a previously brokered deal and you will pay extra for it.

15. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

The problem with that is that it won't be that Everton won't offer more money straight up (I presume that is what Twente want) but we probably aren't able to offer any more.

16. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

They broke the agreement and introduced new demands and add ons. Munsterman is a hardcore businessman, I'm betting on it Everton will have to raise the sum now to make things work. They can have their installments, but they will have to up the sum with, could be, some 200k.

17. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

I'll be annoyed if we can't sign him due to a difference of a mere 200k. Seems strange how things have taken a backwards turn and that Everton decided to change their minds on the (structure of the) fee.

18. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

Hence me saying they cocked up. But don't get your hopes up mate. If Fellaini stays he wouldn't have played that much anyways. :undecided:
    Hope that's you can find some solace in that.

19. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Leroy Fer deal is officially off, you were right Cove.

From what we've been told.

- fee was agreed subject to medical and personal terms.
    - medical showed potential long term problems related to Fer's knees.
    - Everton wanted to restructure the deal so payments would be based more on appearances because of this.
    - FC Twente won't budge.
    - Everton not willing to take the gamble.

However, maybes it the right gamble. Why would a team fighting for the title want to seek one of their better players mid-season for a few million up front?

20. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

That's too bad shogs, I was rooting for you guys to get him just in case Fellaini leaves. But welcome anyway to the Dutch ways of doing business. Violate a Dutchmans trust and you'll be sorry you did. http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2011/05/28/dutch-directness/