1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours JANUARY TRANSFER THREAD

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintinSerbia, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

I feel we were told we were getting a new owner to take us to the next level and we did not get that. Do you feel he IS an effective and positive owner?

2. ......loading......

I don't believe I am reading this. I have been polite in every single comment. I never comment on you. Yet, you post this? I really don't know how to communicate any more clearly.

Did you not write those comments? Did I make them up?

The sad thing is we are not even in disagreement on any more than technicality and fine points - but I only want to see the bad and I twist everything against you...

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I too was being polite and trying to explain that with those comments. You took it as me goading you. I wasn’t. I was trying so hard to go the other way.

Let’s leave this from here now. PM me if you want to discuss it further. Other than that, I won’t engage you.

4. ......loading......

Done

5. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

January is over, Perhaps an admin should lock this thread now.

SAINTDON13 likes this.
  6. ......loading......

Because people might want to discuss the transfer window?

I don't understand this discussion forum that so hates discussion...

7. Libby

Libby 9-0

Why? <confused>

Could get the summer one up I suppose.

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Chilcs is scrambling for his keyboard!!

Libby likes this.
  9. AshbySaint

AshbySaint Well-Known Member

I'm still staggered that it has gone wrong so quickly. I still believe we could have kept Koeman if the board had shown more ambition than they did, whether that was ever enough though is questionable of course. Even with Puel we were still successful although we may not have been pleasing to the eye to watch. Signing MP2 was just so misguided and spending a £20m on Carillo. How did that ever get sanctioned, beggars belief?

Now we have Ralph at the tiller rather than Atilla the Hun (see what I did there), he will steer us on a course 180 deg in the other direction up the table not down

10. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

I answered my own question, if you can't understand that I can't help you.

11. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Come on guys........let’s not fall out over differences of opinion!.........Trouble with written word is that often it can be misinterpreted. We are saints fans.......we are bound to disagree. Isn’t that what a football forum is all about? We do not need to fall out with each other because of misunderstandings. So come on guys relax........please!

holierthanthou, SaintsFan86 and RSS like this.
  12. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

13. Velcro Roy

I dont see a problem Beddy,just disagreement.:emoticon-0148-yes:

fatletiss likes this.
  14. AshbySaint

The definition of ambition in the Concise Oxford dictionary is - "a strong desire to do or achieve something". Doesn't really state whether something is positive or negative. Guess it depends on what your perspective is. The fact it says strong desire would suggest that you have to actually do something to achieve it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  15. ......loading......

I think the whole thrust of my posts is that I do not, and we should.

Edit this is not showing with the quote attached for some reason...

16. Velcro Roy

Ok,I dont see why personally or why people want to write things about him that may or may not be true.Hey ho no problem.

17. AshbySaint

But you would probably sacrifice all of your business interests and just concentrate on the Saints. He clearly isn't. Does he watch Saints on TV in China or even know the names of the first team players? Its a business he owns that happens to be 7000 miles away.

......loading...... likes this.
  18. ......loading......

But what is definitely true is that he bought us on borrowed money and his financial situation is getting worse...

19. Velcro Roy

I bought my house with borrowed money and my financial position is definitely getting worse.<laugh>

20. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Patience is the watchword here, something that Saints fans are not overly blessed with..:grin:
    November 8th was when my attitude towards the club changed and it was clear that we were on a different path. Sacking Reed and Hunter was overdue but complete faith had been put in them to (mis)run the football operations without question. Replacing Hughes with Ralph was the next step and all the noises since have been about getting our Academy functioning properly and there being a real pathway for young players to the first team (something that i'm sure was in the club's thoughts when Staplewood was developed). For this to be achievable the squad that had become bloated with quite frankly underachieving buys on good wages and overlong contracts has to be trimmed and less wasteful. I have a strong feeling that if Ralph had asked for a specific player to add in January then he would probably got them but he wants to work with what he has already got and give them their opportunity before writing them off completely and he has the confidence in his own ability to negotiate the rest of the season successfully.
    The Summer is when things might get a lot more interesting for us fans and i'm looking forward to next season with real optimism.
    As for "ambition", i've always said that i'll be happy if we can return to being the team that plays fast, exciting football with a base of home produced players that can give the big six a bloody nose occasionally. Unbeaten in six matches (apart from on pens) with a draw at Chelsea a win at Leicester and home to Everton despite not having key players available shows me that we are not a bad squad now and I believe will keep improving in time.
    I'm not saying that we don't need strengthening but fans of virtually every club will say that and we all want to challenge for the CL but we are currently 3pts from being about par for where I think our natural position is (13th place), somebody will now say that we are only 4pts from 18th but we actually were 18th at the start of December.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.