1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joining the English League

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by fevriul, Jun 26, 2012.

1. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

That is stupid comeback, the swans have a 20k seater stadium, so we can't fit more into the stadium, so as we completely fill our stadium for each game and have many thousands waiting for season tickets there is plenty of passion for the club, that is why the stadium is being extended.

I am not arrogant like yourself by saying that you are more passionate because you have a bigger support, that is stupid as all football fans are passionate about their club, whether it's Chester, Swansea or Celtic and Rangers. You are basically saying that a Celtic fan is more passionate about the club than a Swans fan is about theirs. Complete arrogance !

And I don't care particularly if rangers join the league down here, if they start at the bottom like other clubs have had to in their circumstances, though it would concern me to have a British league in all but name then.

2. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Yeah,how stupid to support Liverpool when i live in and i'm from Liverpool.

Liverpool FC was 'built' by a local Anfield business man.
    One of the first teams to ever play for the newly formed LFC were nearly all Scots and known as 'the team of Mac's',McClean, McBride, H McQueen, M McQueen, McVean, McCartney, McOwen, McQue.
    Yep,from Bill Shankly to Billy Liddell and from Peter Cormack to Kenny Dalglish etc we've had a Scots influence.

You're right about the importance of the Scottish influence in our success.

But what the **** does all that have to do with my comment about the Welsh?

3. ManDingo 20"/20"

ManDingo 20"/20" MDMA Guru

"Wales could also point to many great players of the past that were successful in the English League.
    Rush,Southall,Ratcliffe,James,Toshack,Hughes,Speed ,Giggs etc."

Do I really need to list the amount of successful Scottish players to ever have played in England or will you just accept defeat and admit you worded your post wrongly.

Either way I don't care I'm done with you PL ****s anyway your as much use as sandpaper condoms.

4. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

But look at Middlesborough, look at Fiorentina, look at Napoli, it's not a new club, it's a new company.

If we were a new club, then there wouldn't be an issue of starting at the bottom as it would be a given. It's not a new club, hence votes on which Div we should start in as a punishment for our financial mismanagements.

5. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

I said Scottish fans were more passionate and the attendances prove it, if Swansea could fill a 60,000 seater stadium they would have built one would'nt they?

6. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

Sadly, this passion is diminishing year on year.

And take Rangers and Celtic attendances out the equation and the rest of our teams get **** attendances compared to 20 years ago.

7. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Scotland>Wales as far as famous and successful players go in the English league.<ok>

But even if i worded it wrong,Wales for such a small nation has produced some great players and the football attendances are a credit to them considering they're first and foremost a Rugby nation.

8. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

Agreed, but we're (UK & West Britain) an avid nation of sports watchers and it's to our shame that we're **** at so many of the sports that we enjoy.

9. simon_bhoy

simon_bhoy Well-Known Member

i dont want to join the league mate - i want my team to play in scotland as a scottish team <ok>

the debate was merely about rangers and celtic in the championship - clearly starting at the bottom tier would take longer

10. DevAdvocate

Stop agreeing with me, you're starting to freak me out.

11. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

This 100%

12. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

No as our stadium was built through grants and the council funding it and owning it, they would only build a 20k stadium at that time, we are looking at to extend it to 35k hopefully soon. But as Swansea is a very small city and is far smaller than Glasgow there is no surprise that we wouldn't build a stadium that would take that many.

And putting crowd numbers and equating that to proving passion is simply crap, that would mean that man utd fans are more passionate than Rangers or Celtic as they get more fans <doh> or maybe Barca are the most passionate fans in Europe as more go to watch them than anyone else.

Your argument is idiotic to say the least, people are passionate about their clubs, no matter how big or small they are, to say any different just shows that you have no concept what it means to fans supporting thier club.

13. DevAdvocate

Are you stupid or simply trying to appear as such?

Read back everthing I said <doh>

14. Tioga River

Tioga River Member

<laugh>

Fool, your inability to interpret the situation correctly is a symptom of exactly why your club was allowed to die. People like you who always believed the lies you were fed over the last 20 years, first by Murray and the salivating media, then by Whyte, now your hardcore RFFF - youse really are at the bottom of Scottish society.

15. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

Equally are you ?

16. DevAdvocate

I have given my reasons and my "evidence", I cannot be held to account for your inability to understand what I said.

17. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

What evidence ? The fact that you get 60k for a match ? That doesn't prove that Scottish fans are more passionate, it just proves you have a larger catchment area. <doh>

18. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

Ah Swansea City fans.

Doubtful we will have this conversation again next year, once they get pumped out of the EPL.

Don't get me wrong: I know teams like you, Newcastle, Leeds etc et al have passionate and loyal fanbases, which is all well and good, but you also have next to no chance of winning anything, and the money that gets tossed about the upper English leagues leads to vastly inflated opinions based on nothing. ALl the money goes towards is trying to shorten the gap between the top 6 or so, and all the other ****ty wee teams who make up the numbers. Because, let's face it, Swansea in the EPL is the equivalent of Celtic in the CL.

19. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Not really they are in EPL it's kind of doubtful whether you lot will ever get into the CL proper when you have to qualify for it.

20. DevAdvocate

<doh>

I never used the 60k attendences at Parkhead as evidence for anything, I spoke about Scottish crowds being the highest in Europe per head of population. You must have a memory like a goldfish or are simply not reading what i'm typing.