1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jordan Pickford

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Gil T Azell, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Has he been a naughty boy?

Looks like he has been caught on CCTV having a battle.

2. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Fighting with Newcastle fans. Looks like he went for it <laugh>

3. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford 'flipped' and started swinging punches after his fiancee was abused

• 25-year-old was barracked by Newcastle fans as he watched match in a bar
    • Things turned ugly when his fiancee Megan was abused and he threw punches
    typical mugpies cannot keep their hating mouths shut scumbags

4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

It's hurting them that two Sunderland lads are England regulars and the best that they can come up with is a big lanky girl :emoticon-0136-giggl

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I can see two arguments here.

Pickford is a target, he's a high profile young lad and should be wiser to some knob winding him up. He was always going to end up getting videoed or similar nowadays so should be more savvy about it.

All of that said he's a young lad out enjoying himself with some mates. Just leave him alone to enjoy himself FFS.

6. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

In the videos that I've watched I haven't seen any suggestion/evidence that the arseholes were skunks, mind . . . . just an idiot or two that wanted the attention that goading young Jordan would inevitably bring <doh>

As it happens, I saw this incident . . . . never having any idea at the time that it was young Jordan
    please log in to view this image

Our coach had just stopped at the traffic lights outside, just before we arrived at Park Lane bus station, and there they were . . . . what seemed like two groups being 'sort of' contained/separated, whilst a couple of punches were thrown.

The tosser that we heard in the video goading Jordan deserved a right good hiding :emoticon-0148-yes:

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

If he threw the 1st punch then he is out of order.
    If he was defending himself from being violently assaulted then he is within his rights

Needs to be smarter though and leave the pub in future though, which is unfair but required these days

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.
  8. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

At Jordan's level they are paid a vast amount of ££'s, but this comes at a price.

And as you rightly point out, leaving BEFORE any situation escalates is a good start.

9. Makemstine Roger

Jordan Pickford was eventually provoked into a disturbance which erupted outside a Sunderland bar after antagonisers insulted his fiancée, according to reports.
    Witnesses told our sister paper the i how a group of people had been goading the Everton and England goalkeeper all afternoon, but a disturbance broke out late in the evening when abuse was levelled at his fiancée Megan Davison.

Pickford was given permission to return to the North East, where he grew up in Washington, after Everton’s 2-0 Premier League win against West Ham in London on Saturday night.

He had initially planned to watch the Checkatrade Trophy final between boyhood club Sunderland, whom he joined as a youth player aged eight and played for six years years before moving for a world record £30million fee to Everton in 2017, and Portsmouth in the capital, but changed his plans to spend Mother’s Day back home with his and his fiancée’s family, the i reported.

Video footage, which emerged on social media on Monday, showed Pickford being subjected to taunts which he attempted to take in good spirits and laugh off as he posed for pictures with fans, but witnesses told of a sickening insult was later aimed at his fiancé.
    Pickford and Davison are childhood sweethearts since meeting at school as teenagers and currently live together in Merseyside. They got engaged early last year.

Pickford, 25, has previously spoken about his enjoyment at being cast into the spotlight since he became England’s No1 goalkeeper and reached the World Cup third-place play-off in Russia last summer.

Figures around the England camp often speak highly of the player and others who have known him for a long time talk of a player who has little time for much else beyond football and family.

Northumbria Police said they received a report at 12.19am on Monday morning of a scuffle between a large group of people on Tunstall Road, in Sunderland.

No arrests were made but the police said their inquiries remain ongoing and they appealed for anyone to come forward with any information.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Gil T Azell and Gordon Armstrong like this.
  10. Makemstine Roger

where mugs are concerned, they will hound you everywhere vindictive twats what do you want him to do mate , stay in, in case he is insulted going out, would you let yourself be pushed into that position or fight back, if i had been there i would have waded in a ploated a few

11. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Ploated <laugh>

Makemstine Roger and Gil T Azell like this.
  12. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

But, sadly, because of his current high profile, this sort of thing is always likely to happen, even here in his home town where he is hugely respected.

It may well be that the simple pleasure of being out for a drink with his girl is one that he may have to forgo for some time.

Since no one seems to have been hurt I expect that this will blow over. I doubt there are enough Police resources available for a full investigation of an incident of this sort, a scuffle where no one has been hurt, in any case.
    The important thing will be if Jordan learns from it and makes sure it doesn't happen again.

Mind I'm a bit surprised that some of the Fans there didn't bail in first to avoid Jordan having to defend his lady himself, along the lines that you suggest.

13. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I have utter respect t fir Pickford in this one. These lot were looking fir him to kick off by taunting him constantly about his keeping. When that didn’t work they had a go at his Mrs. I wonder what 95% of blokes would do in that situation? I’d be raging and trying to pull the twats head off!!

Well done for not biting early on pickers! The scumbags (no idea who they support, they’re scumbags for what they did) deserve a good kicking

And, by the way, if that had been me, the police would literally be doing **** all! Just because it’s a footballer they have to investigate!

Wonder how an off duty would react to this abuse

jdsafc and maddawgmackem like this.