1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just how **** is Rooney

Discussion in 'England' started by Big Ern, Jun 24, 2012.

?

how **** is he

Poll closed Jul 1, 2012.
  1. just ****

15.7%
  2. very ****

11.8%
  3. extremely ****

31.4%
  4. Is he actually a footballer?

41.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

There are some proper morons on here.

If we had five Rooneys we would have beaten Italy easily.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You're right, there are some proper morons on here. Shame that you don't see the irony in your comment!!

If we had 5 Rooneys playing at the top of his game FOR ENGLAND we would do better but he hasn't played that way FOR ENGLAND since 2004.

Rooney = worst England player at S Africa and 2nd worst at Euros. Or maybe you see something the rest of the football community doesn't?

3. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

I saw a player moving into space and showing for the ball, which straight away put him above most of our other players.

I appreciate though that that takes some vague insight to spot, so it's no wonder you lot all missed it.

4. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

More likely the crack giving you hallucinations!

5. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

You think Grant Holt should have gone, so not only is your opinion on football worthless, you wouldn't know movement if you saw it.

6. canary-dave

Every time I see one of your posts I'm reminded of a motion!

7. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

And once again Rooney is made a scapegoat of by England fans. The whole team were bad, he was no worse than pretty much any of them.

8. Bloody Wanker

Bloody Wanker Active Member

That explains how we trounced France/Sweden/Ukraine/Italy for possession. I'll say it again, open your eyes.
    These are NOT teams we should be chasing so much to regain possession of the ball.
    But England did, because the TEAM not INDIVIDUALS were ****.

But do continue to deal with your upset by picking on the easy target. Sometimes I find it hard to get behind England because our fans are the most fickle, weak minded group of morons imaginable. This nonsense with laying all the blame on Rooney only goes to prove that.

9. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

hodgeson was in a no win situation with rooney. against the ukraine he should have started with the team who beat sweden but then, as someone else has pointed out, he would have been slaughtered by our 'wonderful' press.

rooney was ponderous and his touch was poor. should have been on the bench and maybe come on later.

10. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

The thing is,Rooney was shocking once again.

Don't ever pick that bloke again,keep him at Man Utd.Pick Carroll or Holt or Lambert or Bent whoever,as long as it isn't Rooney.

Doesn't do anything in friendlies,qualifying matches and in international tournaments (except euro 2004).

11. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

What game were you watching?Rooney was sh1t once again for England.

The last good game he has was 8 years ago_Open your eyes.

He is a great player for Man Utd and that's all.He has let his country down time after time,it's time to pack it in and get over him.Thanks,but no thanks we've got better players in his respective position.

12. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Rooney is a poor player, he only looks half decent around actual quality.

13. Bloody Wanker

Bloody Wanker Active Member

Take him out of the squad and it's no better.

That's all there is to it. At the bare minimum his presence instills a little more belief to the other players. You all seem to think the likes of holt will do much better... That speaks bleedin' volumes to me about what im dealing with here <laugh>

14. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

As a United fan I honestly wouldn't care if Rooney was dropped, because no matter how well he was to play he will never really be a success for England while they continue to play their usual archaic long ball style, that kind of predictable football will always suit someone like Carroll more.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Whose laying ALL the blame at Rooney?

Truth is, Rooney is probably our best player based on form in the last couple of P.L seasons so forgive me if I expect a little bit more than I do from the likes of Parker and Milner who are frankly making up the numbers. Ibrahimovic for instance is in a much weaker team and performed brilliantly in the groups. Why can't Rooney lift his side in a similar manner?

Spain, Germany, Italy etc are not great teams becuase every player is world class, it's because they play well as a team and importantly, their big players perform at the top level.

Also I'm not fickle....I thought we were **** before the tournament, during it and still do!!

16. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

Rooney is getting grief because he is the golden boy who never delivers for England. So it is understandable and expected that his performances will face greater scrutiny than any other - especially when you consider he is the highest paid English footballer in the country after holding Man U to ransom.

When you push out your head in a battle, you better be prepared for people to try to take off your head.

17. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

wrong.

The team played BETTER before he came back into it.

There was movement AND width.

Once he was in the team it seemed like the plan was " get it to rooney , he will score "

Well thats great if he is good enough to beat the defenders........

he wasnt . ....again .

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.

It a good plan unless the basket is sh1t.

18. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

By bringing in Rooney against Ukraine, Roy changed a winning team, always a risky strategy, and one that failed on this occasion. It's true Rooney wasn't noticeably worse Than several others, but the team performed worse when he was on the pitch than when he wasn't.

Of the players experienced at this level, Gerrard, Terry and Cole did everything that could be asked of them. Rooney disappointed. Of those whose best years lie ahead of them, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Welbeck and Andy Carroll all showed promise. Still Rooney disappointed.

There may be room for him in future England teams, but no way should his name be first on the team sheet.

19. canary-dave

^this^

Because of his past, Rooney can't be ruled out completely, but he has to improve his fitness levels and control his suspect temperament before being considered!

20. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor