1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Karen Carney and Dirty Leeds

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderpitt, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Following on from spygate, dirty Leeds are now having a spat with one of England's most capped woman players.
    Apparently she suggested the high intensity game they played last season was helped by the break due to covid allowing players to recover.

Official Leeds PR, including the owner, followed by other dirty Leeds fans piles in giving her all sorts of abuse.

Now it has to be said i am not a big fan of women's football. But Carney I would suggest does know a bit about football and her comment has merit. Leeds as we all know are a bit of a Millwall...perhaps now showing their true colours yet again!

Guy Incognito likes this.
  2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

First off. I do not like Leeds.

But I thought what she said was pretty poor to be honest. And it belittled their achievement by suggesting they went up due to the break during Covid-19.

If pundits say ****, people should have a right of reply.

I don't think their tweet in response to what she said was harmful at all. It showed what she said and then laid out a couple of fairly contradictory stats it in the caption.

Storm in a teacup.

She should receive no abuse, though I think what she said was pretty harsh.

They should receive no abuse for a fairly innocuous tweet.

Apparently both parties have been abused for their respective behaviours. Of course they have.

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Anyone taking women seriously when they're talking about football deserve to be offended.

Leeds have dignified her comments by responding imo.

Gordon Armstrong likes this.