1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Keegan vs Ashley

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Hugh Briss, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

http://www.nufcblog.com/2018/09/11/kevin-keegan-launches-attack-on-mike-ashley/

Kev' sticks the boot into Ashley's running (into the ground) of Newcastle United in Keegan's new bookie-wookie.
    No great surprise there and a cynic may suggest it's just a good way of getting Toon fans to buy Kev's new page-turner, but I won't be buying the book, despite enjoying some choice quotes from it!

“They (Mike Ashley and company) have made a toy out of Newcastle.”

“As much as it pains me to say it, I have no desire to be associated with the place for as long as that continues.”

“I will gladly return when they have gone.”

“I look forward to the day when Newcastle is free of the man who has lurched from one bad decision to another.”

“He’s run an empire of self-harm and handed money and power to people who deserved neither.”

“I don’t want to share my oxygen with these people.”

Nice work Mr Keegan :emoticon-0137-clapp

2. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

It's good marketing, no doubt. Likewise, I won't be buying it. A lot of what he went through and had to say is both well publicised and a distant memory. It's sure to fan the flames of the average fan, which in this concerted effort is no bad thing. However he's not been around the club recently or through the worst bits such as relegation, so there'll be nothing new to read.

However, if someone could write a book of what the **** goes on in Mike's head, I'd buy several copies.

Hugh Briss and cronemeister like this.