1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Keep On Digging Chairboys v Tractor Boys 2nd Nov 21

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys welcome the Tractor Boys to Adams Park looking to extend our unbeaten run to 7 games and also extend our 100% record at AP this season the Tractor Boys have had a mixed season with five wins draws and loses in their 15 league games the two side have met twice two seasons ago with both games ending in draws.
    Gaz will be hoping GMac will be back for this one but either way there will be changes going back to a back three with wing backs three in midfield and a front two.
    This will be my first home midweek evening game for 21 months and will be joined by Blue Slasher for his second game of the season he will probably not be match fit but needs the game and lets hope the lads can continue their excellent form and extend our outstanding home record<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Guywanderer

Over 7K tickets sold for tonight's game with 4 hours to go until KO

Ron likes this.
  3. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

That is great for a cold Tuesday night.

Ron likes this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we can forget auto promotion

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And I thought we had a good defence <doh>

6. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

We should have played them earlier in the season.

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Glad I was out tonight & didn't pay the £10, I see them put four past Pompey the other week & I thought Pompey were bad, it looks like Cook could be on his way to another promotion. Still if the wheels have come of our defence. Sunderland really are looking at the wheels have come off

8. philhythe

Also when we finally get a half decent crowd we blew it

9. philhythe

One other thing about tonight, that is probably the first team we have played at home against a side who we all thought would be in the top 6 places & it didn't turn out very well

10. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Hi guys Ipswich fan here but tough one for me tonight; you’re my second team as I was born in Wycombe general and went to my first ever game at Adam’s park (friendly v Arsenal in the Oneill era;1-1), also went to watch cyrille Regis play.

the club seems to be sustainable and well run? The manager is part of the modern fabric so do you feel you can keep him? After years of the lower levels it’s so good to have the club competitive at the upper end of the pyramid, do u feel there’s a strategy to sustain it as players come and go and/or GA might one day get a big offer…?

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's way too early in the season to either write anyone off or promote anyone now. The end positions of the so called "big clubs" over the last few seasons at least should tell us something. It is no good being a big club in a high division 10 years ago when you are down in the leagues now. Past glory never won promotion in a current season.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Bucky. I live in France but I was also born in High Wycombe, and lived in HW, Downley, Hazlemere and Bellingdon , so am a Wycombe fan through and through.

I think our owners are financially prudent and will only do what is affordable. They take a very keen and friendly interest in the club and I think we are very lucky they came along. We seem to have a decent squad but really miss the flare of McCready. The wheels seem to have fallen of just lately, conceding 4 goals after being 1 up today and drawing 3-1 Tuesday after being 3-1 up. Very disappointing. But I guess Sunderland must be frustrated as they did look to be going up at last. Apart from our first 7 games last year we did OK in the Champioship and would have been mid table. So we have clearly moved up from L2, for some time.

I doubt Gareth will leave us until he can get us back in the Champioship and stay up, and I can't see him getting sacked. Of course anything can happen if the wheels fall off completely

Good luck for the rest of the season

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm dreading playing your lot now greeny <laugh>

14. philhythe

Looking at what time the goals went in last night, it looks very much like the Pompey game I went too, Ipswich scored just before half time after a player robbed the goalkeeper who was trying to play out from the back, Cook by then saw what he needed to change & completely out played Pompey in the second half scoring three goals & catching Cowley out. Was that the case last night Guy.

15. Guywanderer

We totally out played them for the first 25 mins should have been more than 1-0 up maybe if GMAC was fit we would have taken them apart but then they started to play or maybe we let them and they scored and were on top for the rest of the first half they continued in the same vane second half but I have to say 3-1 up after 60 mins flatted them we tried and tried and had a few chances lots of shots but their keeper was a giant and there was no way past him but we tried and were caught with a sucker punch at the death their game management was something to learn from they kept looking like they were going to play it short from a goal kick but then ushered the defenders forward and gave is a good hoof they were a very tall team with some good players and I don't think it will be long until they will be in the mix for promotion

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  16. Guywanderer

17. Guywanderer

I see Ipswich have a handful of loan players from higher tier clubs Premier League Championship and France who played last night all looked a handful they were GK Walton from Brighton FW Bonne - QPR (scored) FW/MF Celina - Dijon (2 goals) who is a Kosovo International and LB Coulson - Middlesbrough
    I do think we should have brought in some loan players lets hope Gaz can find some gems in January