1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread League cup v Forest

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Sep 19, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ok screw this and play young ones or Cescy / Cahill like part timers.
    Focus on league, especially next 3 matches are crazy tough.

2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I feel like Alonso might need a rest but who's in line to play instead?

Caballero
    Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger
    Zappa - Drinkwater - Kante - Moses
    Musonda - Batshuayi - Hazard

Not much we can rotate really, Alonso definitely needs a break though and so does Kante, maybe Bakayoko will start.

Think we'll win by a couple.

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

This is for fringe players like Cescy Cahill.
    No way I am starting Kante, Azpi here.

Drinky is injured so he isn't starting.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Kennedy and Musonda are due to start, as is Hazard. This that's pretty much confirmed by Conte. Your side is probably pretty close though im sure kennedy at left wing back and probably Bakayoko will start as well.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You say 'screw this' and to play fringe players but if we lose you'll have a melt down, say we're doomed for relegated and start 'Conte out' threads.....<laugh>

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Completely forgot Kenedy was still here, will be good for Alonso to get a rest.

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I will be glad if we lose this. Our squad isn't big enough.

If Conte continues with Cahill & Cescy he will be out since we have no hope for top 4.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

moan, moan, doom monger, moan moan.

If x plays, y will happen....blah blah

Do you even watch football? Nothing is ever that black and white.

9. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

you can watch it here.

StanDMan likes this.
  10. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Kenedy always liked him.
    Just saw team sheet. 9 Fringe players starting with only Eden & Baka from our first 11. Good call Tony.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Halftime 3-0 Kenedy Batsy Musonda. Looks good but lets not forget who we are playing.

StanDMan likes this.
  12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Read my op.
    Tony reads and listens to me.

13. Bullet tooth Tony

That was entertaining. 5-1 Batsy gets a hat trick but still didn't play that well. I'm gonna give him time though he has massive potential, and he looks beefed up compared to last season. Musonda Kenedy Ampadu Sterling Clarke-Salter Fooking hell, was that Chelsea so many new faces.

14. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Blimey that Musonda looks a serious talent, and Kennedy looks every inch a good player. Must use them far more often and stop keeping them hidden away. Michy really spins me about, if only he would get himself into the big games when he gets his chances. He does look a better player when he gets something to play on with, and he got some damned fine service tonight. Midfield control makes us a much better team.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Bats is sooo frustrating. He always bangs them in in games like this and then freezes in the games that really matter. Maybe time will change that or perhaps this is his true level. Can imagine him doing really well for someone like Everton if played every week. Not sure he'll ever really get the chance with us unless (god forbid) Morata gets injured.

16. chelsea - over 100 years of history

All in all, pretty much the perfect night. Kids get a run out, Bats gets some confidence, Hazard continues his route back from injury, Bakayoko likewise. Plenty got a rest as well and one of Luiz's games off out the way.

Could have got a better draw but at least we are at home. Did Everton rest a lot of players in their win as well? Wondering if Koeman will need to rest a few against us as well given their start and European fixtures.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

have to disagree about Bats. When bats gets opportunities he's banging them in. The problem with him is that if he isn't in the box making some decent runs, he's completely useless as the ball just bounces off him and he doesn't know how to shield the ball effectively and loses it all the time.

You're effectively playing with 10 men and seeing that our team isn't the most technical in terms of building up play, especially against the bigboys where we struggle enough then we really can't afford to play him. He's the ideal man for when you are chasing the game/dominating possession so until his all round play gets better, i can understand why conte doesn't start him

Blueman likes this.
  18. Chelsea Pensioner

Sorry Bobby D, I'm confused . Bats has had more than a few "opportunities" and in all the games that matter, he's been hopeless. He "bangs them in" against poor opposition, but does bugger all against good opponents. It is rarely that we are chasing the game/dominating possession, in fact one seems to suggest we are not doing the other, so he's not "the ideal man " in any way that I can see. Simply put, I don't think he's good enough to play in our first team, and he's proven that plenty of times. When he does he's useless, despite more than a few chances. Occasionally he shows glimpses of better things to come, but so far, nothing, Definitely should get rid of ASAP. We'd be much better served bringing a youngster into the team who has a proven record of scoring . That would be .....????????

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  19. Chelsea Pensioner

Sorry Stan, Ive supported you when plenty were attacking you but this is a truly stupid post. You need to back off, take a deep breath and start again. You get no respect or support when you say say you want our team to lose, just so you can claim bragging rights. Constantly hammering your point of view doesn't make you right, and constantly slagging off players only exposes your prejudices, but never reveals your solutions. You are on a lose/ lose path with too many other posters, and I think you are better than that. Try and find something to be positive about, it's there if you have eyes to see.

StanDMan likes this.
  20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

haha okay let me dissect this.

You mentioned him banging them in when games don't matter and that he does nothing in the big games.

bats has barely played so i think that is very unfair. Here is a breakdown of his premier league minutes:

2017-09-21 12_22_12-ICE Deal report  [Read-Only] - Excel.png

Here we can see he has barely played, and when he does come on, its normally when we've won and start winding down because we are being solid.

In games where we've needed him to make a difference which we have lost, Spurs where we didn't get the ball, Arsenal where we got battered 3-0, Palace and Burnley where he got limited minutes. He made the difference against West Brom, West Ham and Watford in those limited minutes too.

When he started he scored. This year again we played against Burnley and went down to 10 so we didn't boss the ball. (what i mean is, you can't involve him in the play as his all round play is **** he can't hold it up and we ineivitably lose the ball).

What i can see is that he's a great goalscorer when given the chance. He's banging them in, in the cup games/against lower league opposition and even in the league last year when he managed to get some decent minutes.

What we need to build with him is his all round play and his movement off the ball (like running the channels, in the area he's great)

His issue is that we need to get the ball to him and thats where we arent good enough as a team to carry him in this aspect

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    StanDMan likes this.